Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronco die hards will defend the adjustment to the death without realizing the bigger picture.

The Bronco return will Be short lived if they canā€™t grab a decent market share from Jeep and Toyota. Making sudden changes and bumping up price isnā€™t a good look if your goal is to bring in non ford owners. theres been numerous times Ford has dropped the ball on this rollout and we are still months from first units being delivered.

the off road community is a relatively niche space, albeit growing, with only a few vehicles in the space that have years of experience. Mistakes like these canā€™t be afforded for a new entry participant.

end of the day to each his own. At the unveil and first public showing I was totally digging this. Now I donā€™t come here as much as I can only take so much disappointment
LOL, this thing is going to sell like hotcakes. The vast majority of buyers are going to roll that $1600 into their payments without skipping a beat.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

He is the Bronco brand manager. Very knowledgable and personable fellow. I had the opportunity to have an extended conversation with him.

He never said anything about the pricing of the 10AT and the V6. However, B6G members have decided to blame him for a statement he didn't make. An embarrassment for B6G, but many members still won't let it go.
They will have to let go of an additional $1,595.00 if they want the 2.7.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look to the right, oh never mind, just pony up $1595, why people continue to think the tranny was free and not a mistake is hilarious! IMO
I just thought it was included with the 2.7L because thatā€™s what the B&P tool said. Please continue with the obvious error that was so obvious Ford left it up for nearly 2 months or whatever else you feel like going on about.

No need for me to pony as I was interested in the 2.7L and auto at the $1895 price point. Not so much at the $3490 price point.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The people on the assembly line don't work part time building the website.
@LEGEND , how are your website making/editing skills.

@618TRVLWILD , how are stigā€™s website making/editing skills?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's unlikely a money grab or an ambush. It's more likely that the B&P programmers misunderstood the poorly worded documentation.

Occam's Razor
Agree that it's a possibility, worked in IT, but find it unlikely, mainly because it lasted for months...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess I had a different prospective because it was never free for my builds so nothing changed.
I covered your perspective and others from similar positions here:

I was commenting on how a BL could be 10k over a WT. It is very easy to see why people are mad. Look at any random page and you will see that 1) 2 months to fix a ā€œpreliminary pricing errorā€ 2) price increase across most models of $1,595 and/or 3) Fordā€™s lack of communication are why people are mad. People who have manual builds or OBX/WT/FE builds arenā€™t mad because their prices didnā€™t increase. Not so coincidentally, those manual and OBX/WT/FE build people are the ones who canā€™t seem to comprehend that when prices go up, people will get mad.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā€œNever attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.ā€
Sorry, I went full Petyr Baelish on that one but it feels like it must be a little bit of both. The site clearly still doesn't work right but they also increase revenue significantly with these changes so what's going on? I've never ordered a vehicle before so maybe I'm missing the point but B&P seems worthless if you can't accurately build and accurately price your vehicle, no?

I don't know if it's malice or stupidity we're witnessing but my confidence is waning.

The humor I find in this whole 10A pricing debacle is that it seems to me Ford should be charging extra for the low volume outsourced manual transmission rather than the in-house automatic they already make a million of per year. Ford, are you listening? :LOL:

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologies, I may have misinterpreted what you were saying. Are you in the camp of the 10AT should be free or an extra cost, because the article you cite states...

"There are several differences under the hood as well. Moving from the 2.3-liter to the 2.7-liter engine costs $1,895 and also adds $1,595 for the necessary 10-speed transmission ($3,490 total). The standard shift-on-the-fly part-time 4Ɨ4 offers low and high ranges."
this has been my issue the whole time. It cant be that the 2.7 is $1,895 AND $1,595. If Ford wanted to price the 2.7 at $3,490 because it includes a 10 speed AT fine but itā€™s wildly disingenuous to price it at $1,895 when it REQUIRES an additional $1,595. Thatā€™s not how things work, you canā€™t buy the one without the other. It should have been added into the price since when B&P came out there was not a scenario when you could get the 2.7 without the AT.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this has been my issue the whole time. It cant be that the 2.7 is $1,895 AND $1,595. If Ford wanted to price the 2.7 at $3,490 because it includes a 10 speed AT fine but itā€™s wildly disingenuous to price it at $1,895 when it REQUIRES an additional $1,595. Thatā€™s not how things work, you canā€™t buy the one without the other. It should have been added into the price since when B&P came out there was not a scenario when you could get the 2.7 without the AT.
B&P is ****ed up. That is all.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are scenarios in which you might only be upgrading the motor, or only the transmission.

Youā€™re correct that you cant pair the I4 with the AT, but it still makes sense to price them individually for transparency.

Point of clarification: I absolutely believe the B&P should have been accurate all along. I am not trying to excuse these wonky price increase updates.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are scenarios in which you might only be upgrading the motor, or only the transmission.

Youā€™re correct that you cant pair the I4 with the AT, but it still makes sense to price them individually for transparency.

Point of clarification: I absolutely believe the B&P should have been accurate all along. I am not trying to excuse these wonky price increase updates.
I believe you misspoke, sir. You can pair the I4 and 10AT.

I agree with your other sentiment regarding the B&P. It sucks that many of our fellow Bronco lovers are getting hit with this unexpected expense.

I just dislike the disinformation stating that Esteban was the source.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

until they allowed the manual 2.7 on BL I donā€™t think there was a scenario in which you could upgrade the motor without the trans, thatā€™s my point.
while I understand for many people they just look at $1,600 as a minor inconvenience, for people who had considered a BB 2.7 with mid and SAS our budgets took a hit.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

until they allowed the manual 2.7 on BL I donā€™t think there was a scenario in which you could upgrade the motor without the trans, thatā€™s my point.
while I understand for many people they just look at $1,600 as a minor inconvenience, for people who had considered a BB 2.7 with mid and SAS our budgets took a hit.
They do not allow the 7MT to be paired with the 2.7. What am I missing here?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.