First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
there was a video where TFL spoke to 2 engineers at GY. The engineers said tires are tested for their snow rating right before they are released.

I bet they will be approved for snow duty as they will most likely replace the Duratracs which is also rated in the snow.

But may not have the three peak snow rating.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there was a video where TFL spoke to 2 engineers at GY. The engineers said tires are tested for their snow rating right before they are released.

I bet they will be approved for snow duty as they will most likely replace the Duratracs which is also rated in the snow.
That would be nice. Would save me some money when traveling in Canada.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been using Duratracs for years. They are great in the snow but have pretty good road manners as well. For as aggressive as they look they are surprisingly quiet on the road. I hope the Goodyear's on the Sasquatch package are as good as the Duratracs, if not I will be buying 5 of them right away and selling the OEM tires.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand this point of view for some of the trim levels. Can you tell me how the squach package makes any sense to someone who’s going to be taking off the wheels (which can wait) and tires (right away - I live in Canada and want to go with a 3 peak snow rated tire) on a Badlands? Seems to me that all I’m getting for 4500$ CDN is a 1/2” lift and tires and wheels that I have to sell. ??‍♂ I’m getting a manual, 4.77 gears and front and rear lockers already. The upgraded wheels on the Badlands (750$) are also nicer than the squach wheels (my opinion obviously). Squach would bring my build to 70k$ BEFORE adding roughly 13% tax. This truck is crazy expensive enough ??‍♂ ??‍♂?
As an engineer who has worked with other Canadian engineers... seeing you refer to Canadian money then refer to inches (US) vs using metric (centimeters) threw my mind for a whirl lol

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I run 34x10.5 BFG KO2s on my wrangler for street tires. They only measure 33" tall when mounted. Many 35x12.5 tires only measure 33-34" tall when mounted. You have to research heights and all if you really are concerned about actual mounted height, width, etc. If I go somewhere offroad that would be somewhat muddy, I swap out the wheels to the factory aluminum ones with the BFG KMs (32"). Taller tires are nice when you're trying to avoid smacking axles on rocks and such, but they're pretty much for looks on highways. They come with all the noise, steering, mpg, and braking/acceleration issues too.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I see a Bronco with a Sasquatch package owned by someone who does not seriously off-road on a regular basis I see an owner who values form over function.
That you could say about half the cars and trucks on the road....Americans like having capability whether they use it or not. Look at the beds of most F-150s on the road and let me know how hard they get used for their intended purpose.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 33 vs 35 debate has been one issue that has haunted me since the reveal. I currently am getting a 4 door Badlands but have been tempted to go with the 4 door Sasquatched Black Diamond.

1. 33s are more practical for my lifestyle.
2. 33s are cheaper upfront and will be cheaper in the long run (MPG, cost of tire etc)
3. 35s look amazing on a 4 door from far away. Getting up close to it shows just how big they actually are.
4. My significant other will likely already have a hard time getting in and out of my ride with 33s... 35s in my tight garage might be a bit much
5. I work in construction and I am always pulling things in and out of my ride. The shorter ride height will make this slightly easier..
6. Sasquatch looks badass and you can just tell people... yeah those are 35s.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I LOVE Duratracs. Ran them on my GEN1 Raptor and now on my GEN2 Raptor. Very aggressive looking but not loud and just simply incredible in the snow. And a light tire to boot.

A great all around tire and hopefully the Territories will be the same.

BTW .. the GY Territories are also on the TRX and new Hummer

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 1609165737593

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 1609165763905

Ford Bronco Damn 35s are big 1609165780392

I have been using Duratracs for years. They are great in the snow but have pretty good road manners as well. For as aggressive as they look they are surprisingly quiet on the road. I hope the Goodyear's on the Sasquatch package are as good as the Duratracs, if not I will be buying 5 of them right away and selling the OEM tires.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AAA isn't an option when you are in the back country.?
I mean, I live off road. They don't come of my house, normally. (depends on the weather) I do have a husband who can manhandle things, though. :LOL:

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good idea, what thinner tire would you go to? I was going to swap out to KO2 35s as soon as I get my sas badlands
Think I will swap to Toyo Open Country III in 35x11.5. Love the tires and think it will be a great size for looks and function.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
don’t forget, the bronco was designed to run 35s so all the items you listed was built for 35s.
Disagree. I'd say Badlands is what Bronco was designed around as it's the middle of Bronco tire sizes. Badlands suspension has greater travel than Sasquatch, which is presumably limited with stops. Everyone overlooks the cool looking big Sas tires don't have adequate articulation. Ford won't even tell us the real numbers because they know the Rubicon beats Sas in that respect!

This is half the reason I'm getting Badlands in 33s. When the Warthog comes out, I'll be interested. That will have suspension, travel, brakes and power one needs for 35s.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I doubt Ford is using different wheel bearings and drive shafts on 33s equipped Broncos when compared to 35s (SAS)

Disagree. I'd say Badlands is what Bronco was designed around as it's the middle of Bronco tire sizes. Badlands suspension has greater travel than Sasquatch, which is presumably limited with stops. Everyone overlooks the cool looking big Sas tires don't have adequate articulation. Ford won't even tell us the real numbers because they know the Rubicon beats Sas in that respect!

This is half the reason I'm getting Badlands in 33s. When the Wildtrak comes out, I'll be interested. That will have suspension, travel, brakes and power one needs for 35s.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is half the reason I'm getting Badlands in 33s. When the Wildtrak comes out, I'll be interested. That will have suspension, travel, brakes and power one needs for 35s.
Do you mean Warthog? The Wilktrak and a Sasquatch have the same lift, suspension, travel brakes.
Sponsored