Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got it, OK, makes sense. We'd definitely like to avoid spending $5K on the Sasquatch but it's more the fact that it might be an auto only package, so that's another $1600 (I think) on top of the $5K for a transmission we have no interest in.

I was confused by pricing I saw in another thread about options available for the base, didn't realize the 2dr comes standard with the hard top. Really great news.
Just keep in mind a decent lift will probably run you about $2k (it's been so long since I bought a lift). Add another $1200-$1500 for tires and let's say maybe another $500-$1000 for wheels if you want.

Another option might be, forget the lift, maybe get wheels & some nice new 33's which would work for your light off roading as well. And the 33's on the 2 door have looked beefy.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Researching these now. They sound like exactly what we'd want. Thanks for the recommendation!
Also i wouldn’t recommend having carpet if you’re doing a lot of beach days...I’m done with those days when i had my Jeep

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish they would just provide the manual with Sasquatch for you guys. It would make your decisions much easier and beneficial to your use of the bronco.
I hit them up on Twitter about this, back when there was a Tweet about being open to hearing feedback about offering a MT with the Sasquatch.

They seem to still be hinting that it will be possible. Fingers crossed. If they offered it, I would strongly consider spending the $5K on it.

Lifeliberty has also talked me into steel bumpers, so I will be budgeting for that too. If I go that route, might as well add a winch too. ?‍♂

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just keep in mind a decent lift will probably run you about $2k (it's been so long since I bought a lift). Add another $1200-$1500 for tires and let's say maybe another $500-$1000 for wheels if you want.

Another option might be, forget the lift, maybe get wheels & some nice new 33's which would work for your light off roading as well. And the 33's on the 2 door have looked beefy.
Great point, I do like how the Badlands looks with the stock 33s, especially in the 2dr. Could be the perfect compromise. :cool:

OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also i wouldn’t recommend having carpet if you’re doing a lot of beach days...I’m done with those days when i had my Jeep
We're more into lakes and mountains, probably won't be screwing around near sand too often, fortunately. I tend to stay amongst the trees where it's shady, like Sasquatch himself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BruckinFonco

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah, the lighter-duty axle, OK, this was exactly the kind of thing I was concerned about. Thank you for that. With some quick research it looks like the Badlands, Wildtrak and First Edition come with the M210. All way out of our price range. Dammit, really hope they do come through on the Sasquatch + MT. Otherwise I'll probably go with EvlNvrDys's suggestion of running 33s to reduce the amount of stress placed on the Base suspension.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also take a look at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They're more of a hybrid M/T and A/T.

Cuz if it were mudders you wanted I'd still take the BFG M/T's over the Nitto... Or who is it.... @MaverickMan that always says nothing beats a good old set of Swampers! ?
Saw a new ranger at home depot on 33" swampers yesterday. They were the more MTish M16s though. Probably good on the beach here.
Ford Bronco Base + Aftermarket 35s? 1598556395126

Its amazing that while this looks like its on the wild end for a MT, in swamper circles its really disappointing in capability because they are comparing them to Boggers. Say what you want about them on road but if you run any real bias type and some radial type swampers offroad you will go so much further before you need to put it in 4x4.
They are just too good.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah, the lighter-duty axle, OK, this was exactly the kind of thing I was concerned about. Thank you for that. With some quick research it looks like the Badlands, Wildtrak and First Edition come with the M210. All way out of our price range. Dammit, really hope they do come through on the Sasquatch + MT. Otherwise I'll probably go with EvlNvrDys's suggestion of running 33s to reduce the amount of stress placed on the Base suspension.
M210 is an option on the other models

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone considering a 2" body lift?

Ford states that the Sasquatch has a 1.5" lift and .5" taller bump stops.
1.5+.5=2, even in public schools. ?

How about a 1" puck lift for the body and 1" spring spacers if 2" body lift is too much?

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at the detailed information for the Black Diamond, and noticed that under the Optional portion of the Wheels & Tires it states that you can get 17"s with beadlock and 35" tires. Do you think they mean only if you upgrade to the sasquatch, or do we think we can get the Rim and/or the tire without sasquatch?

Ford Bronco Base + Aftermarket 35s? Capture.JPG
Sponsored