Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frustrations and assumptions. I understand the disclaimer so I don't know that it is a fact that they lied, but I hope you go after the "lies" because I will use the $1595 one for some after market add-ons.
I expect a few more lies before I see a Bronco in my garage. They have a lot of clean-up work to do before production and even then some of us are not going to be happy.

It all looks so simple from the customer point of view. There are many other factors that enter into the reservation order like model, options, availability of standard features, shipping and more that will make that reservation and build order more complex. If you keep your reservation and order you will get a Bronco before the general public. I am saying a Bronco instead of your ordered Bronco because there may be factors that change like deleting or adding features which adjust price or build and delivery. If you ordered a WT with expected painted black roof but decide to accept the MIC to get it on the road, you may feel you are just getting a bronco.
Auto trans... there were many that looked at the AT $0 as a B&P error. I was hoping that there were other reasons that it was $0 like "it's a steal" but was prepared for an update. There are still things that are not corrected like "rock rails" included on BL but $595 add on to get it listed on build. Ford can change any feature anytime like deleting the "included" rock rails and making it add-on at $595. A few may like that because they are planning on removing or upgrading. If you are planning on the BL and the rail price gets "adjusted" into the base price, some may have to call it a "lie by inclusion" since it has been listed at $595 for months.
Imagine if there was never a reservation process. We would still be waiting to even place an order and late-comers would have the same opportunity as those that have been waiting patiently for years to get their Bronco first.

After the order and scheduling process, it has to be built. It doesn't matter what many at the top envision or are told, it is not a smooth and clean process. Note: I seem to remember that Bill Ford did work a summer on the line at Wayne way back when, so his respect of the production workers and what they accomplish is real.
Seeing a build come off the line is a beautiful sight and a real rush. Having the opportunity to live behind the scene for 34+ years in the plant(s) that is going to build the Bronco and dealing with scheduling, build and production issues and the great teams working miracles to build these vehicles, it is still amazing to me hearing that engine start and seeing it on its way through a few more stages but ultimately to the customer. What one can see on a plant tour or in videos is just a tip of the iceberg making it look so simple from the customer point of view. My plan is Bronco or nothing.
AND HERE WOULD BE WHERE THEY (FORD) STATES THAT THE AUTOMATIC (aka 10sp auto) IS INCLUDED WITH THE HIGH PACKAGE.

17:54 in
FORD AUTO NIGHTS : SEMA SHOW Q & A Special - Bronco/Ford
Chritsy Lee: 17:54 "....will automatic transmission be included with the mid package .... that question is from Jasmine D."
Ford Representative: "you start with a manual transmission and then you can upgrade to an automatic transmission ah.... On the High Series the automatic is the standard"

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager IMG_7229
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched the video a couple days ago and read the transcript today. Funny, the video is a total cluster, but the transcript sounds reasonable. Still not necessarily the answers I want to hear, but reasonable.
Physical queues are important.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a new thought: post of your sales deal is a printout of the manual. If not in a premade book, then via the old double sided printer.

That could torque of a few dealers. :alien: :devilish:. Hopefully my dealer in here doesn't get hit with a lot of these demands and trace it back to me!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Physical queues are important.
Yes, like the Filson jacket guy above seems like total BS, Estaban (sp?) in the current video, while honest seems to be totally done with this. I actually feel bad for him.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the problem gets easily resolved when you remove the back seats.

PS: The cargo area is not carpeted.
I like your thinking...remove 1 back seat and insert two front seats where the back seats were. Now no carpet. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think the problem gets easily resolved when you remove the back seats.......

and put Grandma on the roof.

Holiday Road oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Fortunately, Grandma gets to ride shotgun! But......:unsure:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when this site was fun and we all made polls and bitched about B&P and debated what “by” meant.

Now ya’ll crying about a manual...people actually read their manuals?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have an EB and I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting EBs weren't intended as family vehicles, or to take camping, boating, etc.?
Like this:
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 8FC7FF03-1336-4949-995C-98460DE83902

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager C6070A3F-D861-420D-883B-0B9970FA152E

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since you can add the winch, that argues against the GVWR issues, it more likely has to do with the fact that the 80 lbs is mounted low on the vehicle so it helps contribute to a low center of gravity. Put on a roof rack and load it up and now you have a high center of gravity vehicle that is prone to roll-over.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager C6070A3F-D861-420D-883B-0B9970FA152E
I was thinking about a roof rack and roof cargo basket since I'm getting a 2-door and may want a wee bit more space for all my gear. But I am getting this odd premonition that Ford has had a few Broncos tip over during testing and just don't want to admit it.

So now I am looking at rear cargo baskets instead. (Heck, we even have a basic one here at the house I could use to see if I like it.)

Plus, both my grown kids keep telling me to quit bringing so much crap. So this is a sign from the universe for me to seriously lighten up my gear.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Confused? B&P Finalized in March....Taking Orders in January??

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still pissed I can't get what is in the Jimmy Chin commercial. 2 door base sasquatch cyber orange. I won't order until I can get it.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this really true? (WHAT? ANOTHER FALSE PROMISE?)

That the ROCK RAILS are not included with the Badlands and you have to add them for $595.00?
I was always wondering why they offered them on the build site. I have alway known the Rock Rails were included so I never added them to the build.

Seriously, I thought this was a Build and Price anomaly or glitch. (IT BETTER BE)

If this is true....Ford will need to address this. I'm not an attorney but that is false advertising.
You can not state on the Ford literature that the ROCK RAILS are Standard and or included on the Badlands (or DB or FE) then turn around and charge extra for it.

-Below is the Bronco compare sheet that verifies that The Rock Rails are standard on the DB, BL, FE
-Below is what your speaking about the $595.00 rock rail add to the build
I found this also to be the case with the DB and the FE.
-Below is where the Step bar INCLUDED for the Outer Banks on the B & P, which is how it should be for the Badlands, the Diamond Back and the First EditIon (its not).

My badlands build is costing me $55,910.00 (including jacking me for an extra $1595.00 for the 10spd auto.)

HELLO FORD IF YOUR LISTENING (***** YOUR spokesperson for the record said ithe 10 sp atuomatic was STANDARD with the HIGH package at the Sema Show video 17:54 in
when asked specifically about the 10 sp auto if it was included...For the Record I am ordering the LUX package which includes the HIGH package*****)

IF THEY JACK ME FOR AN EXTRA $595.00 FOR ROCK RAILS EVEN THOUGH IT IS STANDARD AND INCLUDED (according to their own literature) I WILL BE PISSED!!!!

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 1.44.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 1.43.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 1.51.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 1.52.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 1.54.40 PM.png
Hopefully the process engineers do not use the B&P/etc. to set up the jobs. Can almost see the confusion on the line, the build processes are only updated on the left side and that one gets the standard rock rail.

On the B&P for BD, BL, FE the Rock Rails are listed as standard in the Equipment Groups section. Standard Package features included/View all features/Exterior Features. BD image below.
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot (529)_LI

On the main build page though selecting the (i) icon on the Rock Rails only lists Standard on Badlands Models. If that is the case, on BL the rock rails are not listed in the build summary until selected and then price is also added to the summary. On the B&P the rock rails should be preselected and show INCLUDED with checkmark ✔ as are other standard features. This should be on BD, BL, FE model builds.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot (527)_LI

The rock rails info screen should be updated with BD & FE as Standard.
Sponsored

Last edited: