Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep going back and forth. My biggest issue is the late availability. If we could get a general idea that would help. If it’s waiting much past Labor Day ,forget it
I know that the official response of the black top it "late availability" but I have a hard time with it. I don't have any extra info than anyone else, but I think if your a first couple of hours reservation your wait on the Mod top won't be a long one. I mean, they have some now. Are they not going to have any 6 months from now when delivery starts? Might not be a lot but there will be people that get them right out of the gate. JMHO.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For real we're still complaining about tops? Yikes sounds like we need some fresh pics.

For what it's worth though sounds like MIC keeps getting darker and darker
There have been a lot of fresh pics, but the MIC top doesn't look any better and just as gray.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep going back and forth. My biggest issue is the late availability. If we could get a general idea that would help. If it’s waiting much past Labor Day ,forget it
Labor Day is about my breaking point if no mod top by then.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prediction: only FEs will get a black mod top for 2021 considering how the delays keep piling on.

I don't know if I would wait a model year for it, but I'm getting a 2-door and the leaky hatch is not something I want.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My solid recollection of one of the rare Ford communications shown in this forum is the reason FORD gave was not centered on commodity availability, but on keeping the INITIAL assembly line as uncomplicated as possible.

Add to that statement comments from one of the MAP guys that ANY of the tops are really difficult to deal with. Then in addition are the isolated rumors of leaks and tops 'flying off'.

IF IF IF MOD remains 'late availability', that can only be a matter of 4-5 months AT MOST

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Totally agree on the mod top. If I can't get the mod top, I'm not buying a Bronco. I'll wait a reasonable time (August) and likely move on if still not available.
LMAO. Ford should've just started things off with MIC only. Bet we wouldn't see 1/10th the complaints and none of these "I'm out if I can't have the painted roof" posts.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LMAO. Ford should've just started things off with MIC only. Bet we wouldn't see 1/10th the complaints and none of these "I'm out if I can't have the painted roof" posts.
If they just made it black like normal there would be zero complaints.

Although some like the grey and others have just accepted it, nobody would have been clamoring for one. Ford got too cute with it

if it were up to me I would have offered black MIC and white modular for ‘21. Reduce top complaints by 99% lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford should have done it right from the beginning and made the MIC top black if they chose to offer it at all. At $54K, I'm not about to settle for that garbage, like it or not.

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me its not so much about the color as it is about being able to remove the gun turret hatch and the rear windows for my 2 door.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know that the official response of the black top it "late availability" but I have a hard time with it. I don't have any extra info than anyone else, but I think if your a first couple of hours reservation your wait on the Mod top won't be a long one. I mean, they have some now. Are they not going to have any 6 months from now when delivery starts? Might not be a lot but there will be people that get them right out of the gate. JMHO.
Unfortunately most likely the black modular tops we’ve seen were probably handmade and will never see public use

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No way I’m getting a Mic top, it may work for a lot of people but here’s reality in Hawaii for anything unpainted ?. If it means I’m gonna have a 2022 first edition so be it!

1F575E4C-025C-484D-AABD-08E67A5973F2.jpeg