Sponsored

Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal?

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve been working the build and price to death and still haven’t figured much out. My wife really likes the vinyl seats, so I’ve been comparing the BD and the BL. The one thing that struck me is that a Badlands with lux is basically the same as the Wildtrack (~$55k). The Wildtrack comes with Sasquatch standard. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been working the build and price to death and still haven’t figured much out. My wife really likes the vinyl seats, so I’ve been comparing the BD and the BL. The one thing that struck me is that a Badlands with lux is basically the same as the Wildtrack (~$55k). The Wildtrack comes with Sasquatch standard. Am I missing something?
It's all about what options you personally want. For me WT is a terrible deal because I want LUX, the higher suspension, but I don't want Sasquatch.

To each their own.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My humble opinion - Wildtrak interior color scheme makes the Badlands worth the price just to avoid that...

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would value the sway bar disconnect and articulation over the slightly higher lift and bigger tires. I actually think the badlands is the better value between the two. Plus you have the option to go manual.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak is a decent deal, but then you need to figure out your own swaybar disconnect system, and it will be manual, and you need to pony up for a steel bumper and underbody armor.

Comparing the two builds, going Wildtrak you miss out on:

1) Sway-bar disconnect
2) Steel bumpers
3) Under-body Armor
4) Wash out interior / marine grade vinyl

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that you are missing that the Wildtrak comes standard with standard package. A BL lux is an entirely different vehicle than a stock Wildtrak.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, trading lux for Sasquatch (so many more creature comforts and safety features for around an inch higher ground clearance and giving up the SBD.)

I wouldn't say you are mentally ill, just confused. Now, your wife likes the MGV, to get as close as possible to that in the WT, you need to add the leather. What does your price look like now?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. Even with not using all the cool features (disco, lockers) maybe couple times a year deep woods/desert camping. I live in MN so 4x4 will get used.

Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are 2 ways to go about this, base with no option (nothing at all) or all the way up to a choice of BL or WT. Top end choice will be on what you prefer to do with it but keeping it mostly stock. Base will be a blank canvas for diy-ers.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wrestling with the same thing over the last few days.

Out of the gate, I was all about "4DR BadSquatch". Then, as my build got up around $60K, I thought... maybe I should look at some other ways of doing this. Down to BD I go, and up to WT I go.

What I've learned about myself and the two options:
- I really want the washout interior
- I really want the electronic sway bar disconnect
- I really want the steel bumpers
- I want a winch, the Ford offering or not
- I don't care about fancy electronic aids, killer stereo, big iPad in my dash. As long as Mrs gets her heated seat
- Going back and forth between the BD, BL, and WT, the only way to get the stuff I want is via the BL so......

4DR BadSquatch, 2.7/AT, Mid, Winch, Ditch lights, and MIC+SoftTop seems to keep me right around my psychological barrier of $60K.

So basically, I ended up right back where I started on Reservation Day.

Only 2 questions left are:
- paint (OW or A51)
- Will I or the dealer be able to swap the rock rails for tube steps. (My dog has old arthritic knees, and you know.... my dog)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something that some are not realizing is that the aftermarket is going to come up with solutions for the rest of us peasants to have a stabilizer bar disconnect, and it definitely will cost exponentially less than bumping up to the BL trim just for that. The only capability I am losing by going with a Squatched Base with the HD bumper and rock rails rather than a stock Badlands is the SBD and two GOAT modes. I don't count the MGV and rubber floors in the capability category but rather the convenience category. The two GOAT modes really don't matter as those things can be compensated for by experienced driving. It is definitely not worth the thousands to bump up from a Base or Black Diamond to the Badlands trim. Not in a thousand years if it is capability you're worried about because that will be provided in the near future for a lot less.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak is a decent deal, but then you need to figure out your own swaybar disconnect system, and it will be manual, and you need to pony up for a steel bumper and underbody armor.

Comparing the two builds, going Wildtrak you miss out on:

1) Sway-bar disconnect
2) Steel bumpers
3) Under-body Armor
4) Wash out interior / marine grade vinyl
Don't forget the rock rails, $595 add on for the two door alone.
Sponsored