Sponsored

Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Who are these people that hose out the interiors of their new vehicles? Floor liners and keeping the doors on in the mud work just fine
I don't want the MGV and washout floors to hose down the car after a weekend, I want it because I want the top off as much as possible and don't want to have to ride around all day top on for a 30% chance of rain that probably won't happen. But if it does get rained on without the top, no worries! The cloth seats in our wrangler get very musty after being left out in the rain, and it sucks taking the top on and off again for a small chance of afternoon t-storms. If you truly want to maximize the open air freedom unique to this vehicle and live somewhere outside of SoCal, MGV and washout floors are crucial imo.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 ways to go about this, base with no option (nothing at all) or all the way up to a choice of BL or WT. Top end choice will be on what you prefer to do with it but keeping it mostly stock. Base will be a blank canvas for diy-ers.
This.
I will either get a base base. Or, as others have mentioned in other threads, I will sit down to order, say F***-it and order a BL / Lux package.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This.
I will either get a base base. Or, as others have mentioned in other threads, I will sit down to order, say F***-it and order a BL / Lux package.
All true. Like sitting at strip-joint, telling yourself just 2 drinks and I’m done. Blinked and suddenly you’re in the VIP room, beer in one hand and bottle of champagne in another, with 3...

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everytime I sit down to B&P I end up at this exact philosophy. Either save a ton and go base, or swing all the way up to BL (for me anyway, BL is "Top")
Swing away!

Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? ea0cbea59d981a609916ca36034136b1

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys know: If I get a BL, then later decide to put 315/70/17 tires on it, can I do that without any additional modifications? .... I know the rims are 8" (versus 8.5"), and I lose an inch or so of lift, correct, due to Sasquatch's longer springs? Anything else I am missing?
I don’t think the Sas springs give you the extra lift, the tires themselves give you 1-1.5 inches. The suspension is the same on BL. The 2500 bucks is basically 5 premium wheels and 5 larger tires. Not a bad deal really.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think the Sas springs give you the extra lift, the tires themselves give you 1-1.5 inches. The suspension is the same on BL. The 2500 bucks is basically 5 premium wheels and 5 larger tires. Not a bad deal really.

Hmmmm not arguing because really - I've got no clue.

That said, IIRC on the Overland they were parading around, that was a non-Squatch w/35s and I do recall someone who was there when they rolled it out saying that the tires were rubbing.

Now, I realize the comment I just made was a bunch of "I think, I heard, some guy, said somewhere ... something" so please, don't flame me here. I plead ignorance right out of the gate.

And I agree, $2500 isn't as bad as it could be. And remember, "beadlock capable" means, an additional $200 ea wheel for the actual beadlock rings. What we see is a beauty ring, not a beadlock ring. Or, I heard some guy on some internet link to a video thought he heard that.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You were under the impression that Wildtrak was a higher trim than Badlands. A properly equipped Badlands will cost more than a Wildtrak because it's just that much better.

I'm bias, of course.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My builds also show the BL as more expensive then the WT.

BD, 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package + Dest = $47820

BL, 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package + Dest = $51070

WT, (includes 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package), Steel bumpers, Bash Plates, Rock Rails + Dest = $49895

Even after adding the bumpers, bash plates, and sliders, which I would most likely get aftermarket, the WT is over 1K less expensive. I'm sure that I'll be able to find an after market sway bar disconnect for less than 1K, and the seats are a not big issue because I have covers on all my truck seats.

I may be just to ill informed to see the real advantage of BL. Other than the SBD, washout interior, and MGV what's the advantage of the BL over the WT?

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My builds also show the BL as more expensive then the WT.

BD, 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package + Dest = $47820

BL, 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package + Dest = $51070

WT, (includes 2.7, Auto, SAS, Mid Package), Steel bumpers, Bash Plates, Rock Rails + Dest = $49895

Even after adding the bumpers, bash plates, and sliders, which I would most likely get aftermarket, the WT is over 1K less expensive. I'm sure that I'll be able to find an after market sway bar disconnect for less than 1K, and the seats are a not big issue because I have covers on all my truck seats.

I may be just to ill informed to see the real advantage of BL. Other than the SBD, washout interior, and MGV what's the advantage of the BL over the WT?
Nevermind.... I see you added the bumpers. Belay my last

So, SBD, washout interior, and MGV for $1175.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the BD is the budget BL but without being able to pair the manual with the mid. I think the BD would make more sense for a lot of people that wanted the manual or just to keep their over all purchase price down. I'm just salty I can't get the BD with a manual and the mid package. But for people that don't want the manual or the higher packages offered with the BL, the BD will probably make more financial sense and for what most people will be using the Bronco for.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you need what's in the Badlands it's the only deal.
Manual being paired with the mid package and the higher packages. I'd probably go with the BD if I could get the manual and mid package.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I started on Base first week. Then Big Bend a week later. B&P came out and wow, BD is a great deal. Couldn't wait for my BD! Couple weeks later noticed all the cool fun toys on the BL. Did my BL build. Few thousand more than BD. I said dammit, I'm doing it. I am now waiting for my CO BL 2-dr manual! OB, WT and FE do nothing for me. Let's get the show on the road!

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or warranted
I agree but this is what a quick sway bar disconnect costs for a Jeep Wrangler. I would assume that the same aftermarket options for the Bronco will be priced about the same. I'm frugal so as the saying goes, "Money talks.".
Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? ea0cbea59d981a609916ca36034136b1
That is not remotely close to what the BL has. I've owned that Swaybar you're showing and they are a PITA to disco and reconnect. You'd want Curry Anti-Rocks if you go that route.
That disco on the BL is BA and can work under load. Nothing Jeep, or anyone else, makes something like that built from the factory. Nobody. All this complaining I hear, good luck trying to add this stuff on later with labor costs...not warranted.
Save yourself the trouble. Take it from a old TJ owner who dropped 20+ into a TJ. Get it done right the first time and enjoy.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I started on Base first week. Then Big Bend a week later. B&P came out and wow, BD is a great deal. Couldn't wait for my BD! Couple weeks later noticed all the cool fun toys on the BL. Did my BL build. Few thousand more than BD. I said dammit, I'm doing it. I am now waiting for my CO BL 2-dr manual! OB, WT and FE do nothing for me. Let's get the show on the road!
Very similar. My changing trim originally was based on Mansquatch being delayed. After discussing with the boss, we came to the conclusion MT + Mid was priceless. So here we are. No looking back. Can’t wait.
Sponsored