Sponsored

Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And this is what keeps me up at night, and distracted the rest of the damn day.

1.) Do I value a BL with 7MT over a BD with 35s out of the gate (in 2021), and do I want to spend another $4500 to fit 35s later?

2.) Would the BD with 2.7 lessen the sting of no 7MT?

3.) Would the BL High 12" screen lessen the sting of spending more for 35s later?

I. JUST. DON'T. FECKING. KNOW.
my thinking is....
you are never going to upgrade the screen and even if you did it would cost you an arm and a leg....
wheels and tires... down the road will be a nice gift to myself..... but running 33s as a daily driver will be good IMO and I dont know how the 35s will run for my day to day needs....
I feel the MT is the way to go solely because they are no longer being made and I enjoy driving a manual.....
would a 2.7 be nice... yes..... will a tune down the road be a nice present / upgrade yes....

the interior on the BL is the best materials... and it has upgraded dash, lights etc etc... all while being more off road oriented.... even if Im not going off roading all the time I would rather have a lifestyle vehicle geared towards that opposed to a more lux based model.

(vinyl with dog hair ***- and being a extremely clean person... thats where my head is at)
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

.....the rest of the time, I'd rather keep it on normal, turn off traction control and Advance-Trac, select either 4H or 4L, and go to town.
HAHA dude this is me every weekend. As SOOOON as my tires hit the dirt roads of the hunting club my hand is reaching for that GD Advance Trac/Traction Control button. I cuss for the entire 5 seconds I have to hold it down to get all that monkeyshit turned off.

Nothing pisses me off worse than when I get in a spot where I need wheelspin, mash the throttle, and my tach just sits there like "you didn't really want to do that right? Nah let's think about it for a second while we sink hopelessly into this mud". AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Badlands is the Bronco the engineers wanted to build. ...
True, ...and the Base is the one I can afford (counting my beans), but I'll stretch to the BB to get a locker, some wheels and a32's.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HAHA dude this is me every weekend. As SOOOON as my tires hit the dirt roads of the hunting club my hand is reaching for that GD Advance Trac/Traction Control button. I cuss for the entire 5 seconds I have to hold it down to get all that monkeyshit turned off.

Nothing pisses me off worse than when I get in a spot where I need wheelspin, mash the throttle, and my tach just sits there like "you didn't really want to do that right? Nah let's think about it for a second while we sink hopelessly into this mud". AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!
Been there, done that too many times to count lol.

Sponsored

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Its only a great deal, if you want that extra off roading doo dads, that 95%+ will ever use. Even experienced 4wd guys admit front disco and lockers even are rarely used. Who will actually hose out their car?
Exactly. Who are these people that hose out the interiors of their new vehicles? Floor liners and keeping the doors on in the mud work just fine

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wildtrack seemed like a good deal until I added leather which I think is a must for that trim level otherwise I am stuck with those graphics on the cloth seats

Non-leather Badlands might have manual seats but I'd be getting nice looking MGV seats with full washout interior. If the power leather seats had seat memory then the $2200 would make more sense

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everytime I sit down to B&P I end up at this exact philosophy. Either save a ton and go base, or swing all the way up to BL (for me anyway, BL is "Top")
Exactly. I started a whole thread about this issue.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty simple. If wildtrack has everything you need and nothing you don't need then it's the best deal because they discount the mic hardtop price.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you need what's in the Badlands it's the only deal.

Sponsored

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been working the build and price to death and still haven’t figured much out. My wife really likes the vinyl seats, so I’ve been comparing the BD and the BL. The one thing that struck me is that a Badlands with lux is basically the same as the Wildtrack (~$55k). The Wildtrack comes with Sasquatch standard. Am I missing something?
If I remember correctly you can not get the swaybar disconnect feature on the Wildtrack. So that's at least one difference.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife wants MGV, I want Lux.

BL it is. Squatch will be based on final price.

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys know: If I get a BL, then later decide to put 315/70/17 tires on it, can I do that without any additional modifications? .... I know the rims are 8" (versus 8.5"), and I lose an inch or so of lift, correct, due to Sasquatch's longer springs? Anything else I am missing?
Original reports from Ford indicate that you only loose .4" of lift which is most likely attributed to the bump stop. The rims are .5" less and you don't get the fenders.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will now. Since ford has shined the light of the demands of such on an IFS truck. The sway bar is no more complicated in either version of suspension.
I hope we do...it’s just that there has been vocal demand for them on the vehicles I mentioned, with very few or no options. That concerned me...are big players not making them because of liability? There is also definitely more complexity on the Bronco than Wrangler from what I can see as far as I can see as far as how to get things out of the way once detached.
Sponsored