First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Photo was made by Bronco Nation. Is this why the more recent MIC tops we've been seeing look darker? Looks to be smoother too.

2021 Bronco MIC Top.PNG

Photo of the newer MIC Top from this First Edition Bronco.

first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-b-jpg.jpg

first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-c-jpg.jpg
Why oh why is it so hard or impossible to have molded in black color? It is technically impossible or just astronomically expensive? They have black grills, fender flares and cheap looking plastic fabric based seats and interior trim, all exposed to the sun. Is Ford trying to save a dollar or two? If so, I'm confident the market would accommodate that price increase on a $50,000 vehicle. Please Ford, give a simple straight forward answer.
Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the Mic top because of winters I'll get a soft top later. Can always get a friend of mine that owns a body shop paint it white or black.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a bad idea if you want something that is definitely black. I've done raptor liner before, not difficult at all.
Good idea. What about a black wrap?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why oh why is it so hard or impossible to have molded in black color? It is technically impossible or just astronomically expensive? They have black grills, fender flares and cheap looking plastic fabric based seats and interior trim, all exposed to the sun. Is Ford trying to save a dollar or two? If so, I'm confident the market would accommodate that price increase on a $50,000 vehicle. Please Ford, give a simple straight forward answer.
They chose to go gray for whatever reason. There's nothing technically impossible about black.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those SOBs have showed us MIC tops for so long that my build now looks "wrong" with the black mod top.

Well played ford, well played

Fr tho it does look improved and I'm happy

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the newer, more production ready MIC top is a closer match with the fender flares than the pre-production tops. I sure hope that’s true so we have 1 less gray color on our Broncos!

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look 8FDE6AE3-7C59-42E8-8A44-85C941A2EF57
Are we sure this isn’t MIC black just like the fenders?

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It actually might match the flairs, who woulda thunk it? Just doesn't seem that hard based on the amount of time they've had to get this right.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad idea if you want something that is definitely black. I've done raptor liner before, not difficult at all.
Hmmm... just looking at the raptor liner website.

"Here is some extra advice and information about deciding to use RAPTOR Liner to cover most ATV fenders and components are made of a plastic - PE....nothing sticks to PE. Even when sanded and an adhesion promoter is applied - RAPTOR, or any other coating, will loose adhesion in a short period of time. Other flexible plastics, TPO, EDPM, PP, must be cleaned, sanded 220 - 320 and have GRIP 4 applied - then adhesion is quite good."

anyone know or care to guess what kinda plastic the MIC tops are made of?

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking at the full vehicle pics. It looks MUCH better!

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm... just looking at the raptor liner website.

"Here is some extra advice and information about deciding to use RAPTOR Liner to cover most ATV fenders and components are made of a plastic - PE....nothing sticks to PE. Even when sanded and an adhesion promoter is applied - RAPTOR, or any other coating, will loose adhesion in a short period of time. Other flexible plastics, TPO, EDPM, PP, must be cleaned, sanded 220 - 320 and have GRIP 4 applied - then adhesion is quite good."

anyone know or care to guess what kinda plastic the MIC tops are made of?
If there is flex to the top, which I'm sure there is, any of the poly...blah blah (whatever the chemical name for all those bedliners are) will prob not hold up long term. Best bet is to visit a good body shop after you get your hard top and ask them. Personally I'm prob going to keep mine as MIC.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Photo was made by Bronco Nation. Is this why the more recent MIC tops we've been seeing look darker? Looks to be smoother too.

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look 2021 Bronco MIC Top.PNG

Photo of the newer MIC Top from this First Edition Bronco.

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-b-

Ford Bronco Newer MIC top has slightly darker look first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-c-
Sponsored