Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick, saw a A51 (first time) today on a sport.
waaaaaaaay darker than these pics...
wonder if it shifted since the “overlander”..?
I had not thought they would have replaced the top with a closer-to-production unit, but now that you mention it, it's certainly possible!

If somebody is at the Hammer My Bronco event, they can tell by looking at the rear window guards on the Overland rig. At Filson event it looked like a high schoolers science project with the black tar and silicone to seal those plastic panels over the gaps (there was no glass in place, just plastic panels glued into place hap hazardly).

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just noticed but the edges are totally in a different place too So these are definitely newer/different. See arrows.

9448356D-E642-4937-BDD9-0132C1119962.jpeg
Yes. Thx for being more specific. But this is what I meant by seams are different. Meaning in a different spot.

They have said vendor issues. Possibly a new one? Or they likely have just fine tuned.

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be a good step in the right direction, but it's so slight a color shift I'm willing myself to see it.

OP
OP
Zap74

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I trust a soldier to come up with a suitable field repair.

There are many DIY options available to make this top BLACK.
Maybe some black magic!

Sponsored

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope we didn't get a darker color but with larger gaps,, that would not be good.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Matches the flares! Perfect, since some of my reasoning of switching to sasquatch on OBX, rather than upgrading tires was to pull in the MIC top....also didnt want to delay Day 1 reservation with hopes of a mod top.

Also explains why MICs were phased out of MAP, then just started phasing back in. Some people were worried there.

This is also good news for darker colored Broncos, although I could see why carbonized gray guys are now wondering how this matches the paint compared to the old top....and A51 guys are also thinking if the new MIC top looks as good as the MIC/A51 Super Cel combo (which really prompted a lot of guys to go A51 with the lighter MIC top).

Reactions: RLW

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me put this as clear as I can……We want a BLACK top, not gray, or dark gray, BLACK..
Guess what? You have an option! For $1900 more you can get the black top you want 😎
I had not thought they would have replaced the top with a closer-to-production unit, but now that you mention it, it's certainly possible!

If somebody is at the Hammer My Bronco event, they can tell by looking at the rear window guards on the Overland rig. At Filson event it looked like a high schoolers science project with the black tar and silicone to seal those plastic panels over the gaps (there was no glass in place, just plastic panels glued into place hap hazardly).
Rick I think he was talking about the a51 color of the color, not the top

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The newer mic top looks great with the big flares. I say get whatever top matches your grill. The glossy wild track grill would look great with the painted modular but a badlands looks great with MIC.
Yes, this! I agree with your taste in matching the top to the Broncos!

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Photo was made by Bronco Nation. Is this why the more recent MIC tops we've been seeing look darker? Looks to be smoother too.

2021 Bronco MIC Top.PNG

Photo of the newer MIC Top from this First Edition Bronco.

first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-b-jpg.jpg

first-edition-2021-bronco-rapid-red-c-jpg.jpg
IF it truly matches the fender flare color/texture then I'm ok with it. Otherwise I'll wait for body color match or white!
Sponsored