Sponsored

Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions]

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been thinking about this as well. Being as all broncos will have a removable top, or a soft top, weather and security will be issues.

I've been thinking about some sort of sealed tube, case, or drawer that is either protected by itself, or that will reside in the cargo area protection that I will probably add. Too many variables to even consider before I finally have the MY22 in the garage. šŸ˜ž

When I momentarily forget the weather & security concerns, though, I really like the angled rollbars in the rear for likely locations.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modern gun rack are only good for easy access when hunting. Otherwise they are just an invitation to have your property stolen. Out of site out of mind.
But how else am I supposed to show off all my guns to everyone?

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been thinking about this as well. Being as all broncos will have a removable top, or a soft top, weather and security will be issues.

I've been thinking about some sort of sealed tube, case, or drawer that is either protected by itself, or that will reside in the cargo area protection that I will probably add. Too many variables to even consider before I finally have the MY22 in the garage. šŸ˜ž

When I momentarily forget the weather & security concerns, though, I really like the angled rollbars in the rear for likely locations.
A 7 mile wide asteriod may hit earth some day as well. Live a little. lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford accessory catalog for the Bronco had a drawer vault listed for the rear cargo area in addition to underfloor safe and security cage.

Iā€™m a big fan of the drawer kind for firearms and gear... Iā€™m interested to see the details on it when they become available. (Whether there is something unique about it to the Bronco or whether itā€™s an existing model that happens to kind of fit)

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Please keep this discussion focused on technical discussions about gun racks and avoid glorification, states, laws, politics -- these are controversial topics that have high chances of getting a good technical discussion thread closed.

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My AR will just be in its case. I am trying to sort out what I will do for a nice quick access mount for my full frame sig scorpion 1911 though:). I have a magnetic mount but Iā€™m thinking to do something more rigid for when I am off road and bouncing around.

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My AR will just be in its case. I am trying to sort out what I will do for a nice quick access mount for my full frame sig scorpion 1911 though:). I have a magnetic mount but Iā€™m thinking to do something more rigid for when I am off road and bouncing around.
HELL YA !!!!!!

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope not just you, nothing but the body armor. I get those, the wheels, and Marie Osmond weight loss ads. Bronco6G thinks I'm a fat militant offroad wannabe. HAHAHaa heeeey waitaminit

I agree with this. The easy accessibility will require a secure storage solution. Fortunately Jeep owners have been dealing with this for years and the aftermarket has Jeep solutions. It will not take long for them to have a Bronco specific application so you can go to the beach or wherever and be able to safely store your valuables.

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely picking up a 3D printer to design something to go in place of the center console grab handle. Have something similar in my TJ Wrangler with a Safariland QD platform. Just swap out holsters for whatever I'm carrying that day.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a number of Cargo Area Enclosure produced by TUFFY:
,Deluxe Raised Lid, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 579.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-E
Cargo Area Security Drawer, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 709.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-B
Cargo Area Enclosure, Small, 2DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 439.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 499.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-A
Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid, 2DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
Gun Vault also has a couple listed in Fordā€™s Accessories list.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a number of Cargo Area Enclosure produced by TUFFY:
,Deluxe Raised Lid, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 579.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-E
Cargo Area Security Drawer, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 709.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-B
Cargo Area Enclosure, Small, 2DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 439.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-C
Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid, 4DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
$ 499.00
VM2DZ-78115A00-A
Cargo Area Enclosure, Fixed Lid, 2DR by Tuffy
Bed/Cargo Area
a
Thank you for grabbing those.

Im pretty sure thereā€™s an ā€œunder floor safeā€ or something elsewhere in that list. Probably not big enough for a long gun if it goes where the jack is.

::EDIT::

Found it. For that price and from that manufacturer it might actually be pretty impressive.

Finger's crossed.

Ford Bronco Gun / Firearm Racks & Storage [*** Storage Talk Only *** No Glorification, States, Laws, Permits, Politics or Usage Discussions] Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 09.58.17

Last edited:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about that steel enclosure/ shelf for the cargo area of the 4 door? Previously shown on that "overland concept" or whatever it was called. Wouldn't be quickly accessible but I think the notion was with the rear hatch door closed and locked its somewhat secure. That was my understanding anyway.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about that steel enclosure/ shelf for the cargo area of the 4 door? Previously shown on that "overland concept" or whatever it was called. Wouldn't be quickly accessible but I think the notion was with the rear hatch door closed and locked its somewhat secure. That was my understanding anyway.
Thats also how I understood it. It looks to form a cage thatā€™s only accessible when the rear gate is open.

On my Jeep, the interior electric lock buttons are disabled after a few minutes, so even if you leave the top off, as long as you remembered to lock the vehicle, someone canā€™t open the rear gate without a key/key fob.

This may or may not meet your requirements for secure storage, but implemented correctly itā€™s quite a clever solution. Basically gives you a lockable trunk when youā€™re driving around without a top.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an aluminum case designed for air travel (never used for that) which I figure I'll lockdown somehow...
Sponsored