Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeti wont see my money ever after the gun fiasco.

As far as my cooler fitting im 90% sure based on looking at these measurements (assuming the guy was actually accurate) that it would JUST BARELY not fit in the car because of the angle of the seating. With the seats folded down it will fit fine. However not if you want passengers
Yup! I posted that it will fit a bit earlier in the thread. Spent a long time analyzing the numbers this morning and I'm pumped!
Sponsored

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should look something like this. Posted a couple weeks ago....I think...I fine tuned it a few times until coming up with this.

Checks out with the 15.7” added length per Ford. Oh, and the drawings in this thread seem to match, which feels good

4E4EE932-4C03-4FF0-923C-48719356E35B.jpeg
You think the hight of the seat bump to the load floor is the same 4.5"?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ll bet some reading this post wish they had taken isometric or architectural drafting in school.
There are millions of Wranglers on the road, yet I can promise you that no one has made such a detailed diagram of the cargo area of one. That sketch is hardcore. Love it.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Meh. I've got a buddy who overlands with his wife and two kids in a 2-door JK, and it's got 6" less cargo length than this Bronco.

How does he do it? It's kind of a miracle that involves cargo nets on the ceiling. Nevertheless, I've run the entire Mojave Road with him and his family.
I've only ever owned 2 door 4x4s. Yet somehow have driven then around the country, up and down mountains, sometimes with friends, and later family of four. Based on how some folks react to the 2-door, maybe I was dreaming all that? :)

Admittedly the packing of sleeping bags etc takes more creativity. Anyway the beloved EB, the vehicle that got all this started for Bronco, was a 2-door. And somehow people managed to have fun and adventure with it.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sooo, I measure by cases of beer. How many cases of Busch Latte is that?? (I go cheap for the weekend adventures- leave the good stuff at home)

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In a pinch - like a downpour or a snowstorm - I can forego the tent and sleep in the back. It'll be on the diagonal and it'll be tight, but I'll be able to do it and that's all I care about. I've slept in smaller vehicles with less space.

Thanks for the diagram. In the 1980s I designed grading, water, sewer, and street light plans - first with rapidograph on acetate with an electric eraser and a reverse Polish notation calculator and later with DesignCad and CoGo. Those skills still come in handy every now and then.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Badsquatch2021
Yes...specific to the 4 door - If you look at the pics and scale it, it looks 4-5" high. The overall LENGTH of the hump assembly is 6.5". It looks like a 4.5" x 4.5" plastic triangle at 45 degrees with a 2" felt ledge leading up to the seat. In the Wildtrak video he said the hump was 4-5" high so that doesnt surprise me. I think the retractable tray is a bad idea if you need the space. You're losing almost 5" of cargo height. It's meaningful.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll bet some reading this post wish they had taken isometric or architectural drafting in school.
I did! 5 years of architecture undergrad back in the day. Try hand drawing a perspective. Only practiced for a couple years though. I realized that working long hours in numbers would be better suited if thinking in dollars instead of inches...and went for MBA, sold my soul, and went into finance for the ROI. But it helps when it comes to home improvements since I don’t need to hire designers/architects lol. Working through a new kitchen layout
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) E340DC04-7A38-442F-933E-890496B7C8EE

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.

Cooler-Diagram-70QT.jpg
Your cooler will fit just fine. You're looking at the dimensions wrong. The 16.5" dimension is at the top of the seat.
At the top of your cooler, there is actually about 18.5" of space, 1/8" more than you need.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 1614091222369

Last edited by a moderator:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hahaha at the single guys stressing over a $300 cooler fitting. Wait until you have kids. Worst case, you buy a different cooler? This car is $30-$65k., its pennies on the dollar.

Imagine having to prioritize fitting your family, car seats, luggage, etc in a four door. I cant replace my kids for smaller ones, like a cooler. If it isnt roomy enough, I need to sell the car.

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Badsquatch2021
Yes...specific to the 4 door - If you look at the pics and scale it, it looks 4-5" high. The overall LENGTH of the hump assembly is 6.5". It looks like a 4.5" x 4.5" plastic triangle at 45 degrees with a 2" felt ledge leading up to the seat. In the Wildtrak video he said the hump was 4-5" high so that doesnt surprise me. I think the retractable tray is a bad idea if you need the space. You're losing almost 5" of cargo height. It's meaningful.
I agree on loosing the space but I'd like a flat floor to sleep across. I'm planning on a quick drop in platform only when I need it
Sponsored