Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And since this thread is about the cargo area, may be good to repeat that the cargo area is NOT secure. You can lift the floor and get access without having to open the tailgate....at least confirmed on the 4 door.
sadly true, but in one of the two I got to see they had the rubber cargo mat in the back and that extends under the door it seemed. Won't be super secure, but will hide that there even is a trap door and the mat was pretty sturdy when I pulled it up to look underneath, once the door sits on top of it it might at least make it quite an effort to pull up/out. Just a thought that I had when I saw it.
Since I have wash out floors in mine I did not yet order any extra mats, but might get the one for the back.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sadly true, but in one of the two I got to see they had the rubber cargo mat in the back and that extends under the door it seemed. Won't be super secure, but will hide that there even is a trap door and the mat was pretty sturdy when I pulled it up to look underneath, once the door sits on top of it it might at least make it quite an effort to pull up/out. Just a thought that I had when I saw it.
Since I have wash out floors in mine I did not yet order any extra mats, but might get the one for the back.
I really wish the cargo mat exposed the tie-downs 😐

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news! One question whose answer is already implied: You think us 6-4 types will have any issues with the clutch in terms of leg comfort? Sounds like not considering you didn't have the seat all the way back but just confirming as I really want a manual transmission.
@newsman9 The BD I sat in was manual, and when I had the seat all the way back, I had to stretch for the clutch. So yeah man, you'll be set.

OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Haha
Reactions: abe
OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news! I would love to hear your thoughts on the visibility out the windscreen. A recent thread on this site claimed the "visibility sucks" and it feels "small and dark". It sure doesn't look like it to me.
@markregel The way I'd describe it is like this- when I climb in a Rubicon, to me it sort of feels like climbing into a ball turret (if you know your B-17's) with your legs disappearing under the dash that seems all up in your face. The Bronco felt more like a truck, albeit with a short/ shallow dashboard, but it isn't all up in your face. So you feel like you have more air space, if that makes any sense.
The height between the dash and the rear-view mirror is probably 9"-10" (insert banana joke) but when I look at my Silverado or my wife's Pilot, it really isn't much different. Just one of those things I've never noticed nor did it ever bother me- if someone hadn't griped about it, I'd never have noticed it.
As for visibility, it's great! I don't feel trapped or anything and I can get a little claustrophobic (e.g., I HATE flying economy). Plenty of visibility. No idea where the "dark" comment came from. Plus in the back seat (which I shall not regularly visit, TBH... too small unless Danny DeVito was driving) truly does have a "stadium seating" feel to it, as you sit higher than the front row. @Ourbroncolife told me it's great for folks who get motion sickness or just generally want to be able to see the same trail line as the driver. Note that I tried it in the BD with the top off so I can't comment if someone my height would have issues with the ceiling, but I think I've seen a thread or 2 that talks to this point.
I will say, in closing, that while the B pillar didn't impact my comfort, if you're cranked all the way back and leaned back, it is somewhat in your peripheral vision. It was barely notably so, however.

OP
OP
530Squatch

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@530Squatch What did you think of the OBX bronze dash in person? I didn’t really like it in photos but I’ve seen a few comments on here saying it looks good in person.
@RyanM ya know, I had hated the look of it too in pictures I've seen. In real life, it was much more muted- not an annoyingly bright tone. The contrast between the brown and dark gray leather seats was much more pronounced by comparison. If I was picking an interior for the seats and loved them, but was worried that the bronze dash was going to be too much, don't be.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you had a cargo mat over the floor it probably would make a little more challenging. The current lid might be drilled and a box lock installed. You would have to have a corresponding lip of some type on the inside.

JCBIZ 16mm Thread Tubular Cam Lock Keyed Alike Security Lock DIY Furniture Hardware for Drawer Cabinet Desk Table Office Table with 2 Quincunx Key - - Amazon.com

51CjbVExICL._AC_SL1300_.jpg
Ironically this Broncohad the rubber matt. So I lifted the matt with one hand, pulled the tab with the other and I was in.

But good point with the key lock...maybe worth looking into adding.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
@markregel The way I'd describe it is like this- when I climb in a Rubicon, to me it sort of feels like climbing into a ball turret (if you know your B-17's) with your legs disappearing under the dash that seems all up in your face. The Bronco felt more like a truck, albeit with a short/ shallow dashboard, but it isn't all up in your face. So you feel like you have more air space, if that makes any sense.
The height between the dash and the rear-view mirror is probably 9"-10" (insert banana joke) but when I look at my Silverado or my wife's Pilot, it really isn't much different. Just one of those things I've never noticed nor did it ever bother me- if someone hadn't griped about it, I'd never have noticed it.
As for visibility, it's great! I don't feel trapped or anything and I can get a little claustrophobic (e.g., I HATE flying economy). Plenty of visibility. No idea where the "dark" comment came from. Plus in the back seat (which I shall not regularly visit, TBH... too small unless Danny DeVito was driving) truly does have a "stadium seating" feel to it, as you sit higher than the front row. @Ourbroncolife told me it's great for folks who get motion sickness or just generally want to be able to see the same trail line as the driver. Note that I tried it in the BD with the top off so I can't comment if someone my height would have issues with the ceiling, but I think I've seen a thread or 2 that talks to this point.
I will say, in closing, that while the B pillar didn't impact my comfort, if you're cranked all the way back and leaned back, it is somewhat in your peripheral vision. It was barely notably so, however.
Thanks for this great writeup. I think almost any vehicle has some visibility issues.
Sponsored