Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco Family Vid is WEAK. Seriously showing all that cool footage and then a padded up prototype. Looks like a rolling garbage bag. Just wait a week and WOW us.. instead of splicing in spyproof vids of "something" rolling up a creek.
Sorry did we watch the same video?
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Family Vid is WEAK. Seriously showing all that cool footage and then a padded up prototype. Looks like a rolling garbage bag. Just wait a week and WOW us.. instead of splicing in spyproof vids of "something" rolling up a creek.
Can‘t just give away all the fun right off the bat now can they??

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its better than nothing

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
its better than nothing
Should have just done the first part and ended with the split image of the old bronco and new bronco front view. Be the bridge commercial.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco page has been updated on Ford's website. It lists the bronco being powered by, "race-tested Ecoboost turbocharged engines." That basically confirms the 2.3 and 2.7/3.0 being offered
bronco family! Not just one bronco. Including the 1.5 and 2.0 ecoboosts in the sport.
but I agree there will be a v6

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WOW! that's a busy video. cant wait! still hoping for the 2.7 V6
All of the exhaust sounds were of a V6, but worryingly, every shift they provided sound of was unquestioningly the automatic. If you're trying to inspire drama, manual shifts sound much more crisp and exciting - the lazy way that revs bwaaaaa down to the next gear with an automatic is uninspiring.

I'll be pretty disappointed if the manual is 4cyl-only.

This video would have been 10x more amazing if Sam Elliot did the voice over.
I wonder if Dodge has him in some sort of exclusivity contract. :ROFLMAO:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All of the exhaust sounds were of a V6, but worryingly, every shift they provided sound of was unquestioningly the automatic. If you're trying to inspire drama, manual shifts sound much more crisp and exciting - the lazy way that revs bwaaaaa down to the next gear with an automatic is uninspiring.

I'll be pretty disappointed if the manual is 4cyl-only.

I wonder if Dodge has him in some sort of exclusivity contract. :ROFLMAO:
Ford tends to be pretty good about offering manuals for their performance vehicles (GT500 and GT are the exceptions).

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford tends to be pretty good about offering manuals for their performance vehicles (GT500 and GT are the exceptions).
Well, I was 100% convinced there would be no manual at all until news of the 7 speed broke, so I'd be more than happy to be wrong again. I suppose it's possible they'd decide to develop two different transmission casings to attach the same trans to two different engines, but I'm skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 4cyl manual with 2H/4H/4L only, with the V6 as auto only and 4A also auto only.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
“You need a Bronco.”
Yes I fucking do!!

Thread TLDR
-this sucks
-this is amazing
How can you be mad? My first forum post on this thing (on another forum) was back in 2016. The fact that we are 1 week away from the reveal... this week is gonna go by in 2 seconds flat. Enjoy the ride!