First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Car Play on my Mercedes and it takes over the full screen. I’m not sure why people would prefer this. This makes it unnecessarily difficult to access the car systems like the radio, cameras or other vehicle status, functions, etc. I actually think this system will be better.
Sponsored

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was an awesome thread on exactly that a while ago by a really helpful chap on the forums. Nobody reads such threads because they are stupid and only tell you information nobody wants to know.

What Ford calls it is "Information on Demand Panel" or "IDP".

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/information-on-demand-panel-idp-with-sync4.12555/

I will put forward that the 360 camera functions on an 8" screen would be laughable, especially when doing the front facing and surround at the same time, so it was a reasonable decision by Ford to limit that to only those bringing the full 12" to the playground.
This is very helpful. Thanks for this.

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok I'm actually pretty glad I'm only getting the 8" screen. That pages is helpful for the offroad stuff, but I gotta have full screen Android Auto

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome Info!! Did anyone else see the 19mpg average??!! Saw it about at 4:19. I know we don't know what trim or engine.... But, I'll take that over what I get in my Tundra!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long until somebody accidentally changes the voice to a foreign language they don’t understand and can’t figure out how to change it back? 😁

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! Million dollar question for OP (surprised no one asked as this should be the number 1 question)

given sync 4 allows for driver profiles settings to be saved, and the one you tested has power leather seats, do we get quasi memory seats with that combo such that each key fob sets the seat to the last setting for that particular driver profile?

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fantastic video. A really nice overview that has me excited about Sync4. Thank you.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the vid. This makes the 8” screen seem like the better buy since its basically the same size as the 12” screen minus the “pages” section. If you could use the entire screen without the pages, then the 12” might be worth it.
Each to their own but if you're buying a model that allows you to spec High or Lux, I think the extra coin will be worth it for resale value and 'cool' factor of the giant screen. Especially with the trail cams!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta say, it's kind of unimpressive compared to the Tesla screens.