Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, but plenty of people are confusing the Bronco and the Bronco Sport. People are stupid, and Ford hasn't done the best job of making the difference obvious for those people.
I mean, that's entirely on purpose. They want the Sport to ride the coattails of the Bronco's capability, and the less they differentiate the difference between the models, the better this plan works.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good, Stellantis is scared. That will make the next gen wrangler better. Win-win for the consumer. We get our awesome Broncos and Jeep is forced to compete in a way that doesn’t involve stuffing a massive expensive engine into every chassis in their portfolio; making the next gen wrangler a better option for everyone (hopefully).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty funny that Ford successfully defended every single performance claim of relevance...every one. Also funny that FCA was petty enough to challenge....instead of just building a vehicle with better ground clearance, better angles, better fording capabality etc....and like said above, Bronco is the best thing to ever happen to Jeep buyers 4 years from now. Their vehicles will be infinitely better than they are today because of Bronco.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't be so sure...The general public DOES seem to think the Sport is THE new Bronco. Most people don't realize there's still the real thing to come.
Agreed,
I tried to tell my boss that I pre-ordered a new bronco & won't get it for a year probably, & her response was "oh I saw one of those the other day at a dealership.." My response was that they aren't out yet & it was probably the new little bronco (sport) lol.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deleted member 3063

I'm not so sure Stellantis has the intent or the means to challenge Bronco in the near term.
A conglomerate often buys up money making product brands and milks them into the ground. Then some time in the future sells the name while it still holds some value and moves on.
Frivolous lawsuits and bathroom closings don't bode well.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article is about Ford "creating" a new vehicle segment, "medium traditional utilities" and then using marketing terms applied to a new vehicle segment and pre-production vehicles. This is not a good thing for the car-buyer.

Ford provided best in class for pre-production vehicles. What's happened is Ford's "win" will now allow manufacturers to advertise options and features that may not make it to market. This is not a win for the consumer.

Also, NAD stated Ford was misleading several times and recommended they change their advertising claims. They did approve of the use of "projected" or "available", which is ambiguous to the buyer, and may not make it to market. This good for Ford, but bad for the consumer.

I read, " Therefore, the watchdog recommended that the claim be discontinued" and "To avoid confusion, the advertising watchdog recommended that the challenged press release and media kit be modified to clearly indicate that the "best-in-class" claims do not apply to the Bronco Sport."

This was a claim brought about by a competitor, sure, but this wasn't a Wrangler vs Ford challenge. What Ford was doing was marketing in a new and ambiguous, if not deceptive, way. Ford fan-boys may just see this as a FCA vs Ford challenge that went Ford's way, but this was much more than that.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. Doesn’t personally affect me in any way whatsoever. I just went to know when my Bronco is coming.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty funny that Ford successfully defended every single performance claim of relevance...every one. Also funny that FCA was petty enough to challenge....instead of just building a vehicle with better ground clearance, better angles, better fording capabality etc....and like said above, Bronco is the best thing to ever happen to Jeep buyers 4 years from now. Their vehicles will be infinitely better than they are today because of Bronco.
Somewhere in a FCA Engineering/Design office:

Ford Bronco Jeep Challenges Ford Bronco's "Best In Class" Advertising Claims, But NAD Sides With Ford 1616604056824

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
OmahaKevin

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The article is about Ford "creating" a new vehicle segment, "medium traditional utilities" and then using marketing terms applied to a new vehicle segment and pre-production vehicles. This is not a good thing for the car-buyer.

Ford provided best in class for pre-production vehicles. What's happened is Ford's "win" will now allow manufacturers to advertise options and features that may not make it to market. This is not a win for the consumer.

Also, NAD stated Ford was misleading several times and recommended they change their advertising claims. They did approve of the use of "projected" or "available", which is ambiguous to the buyer, and may not make it to market. This good for Ford, but bad for the consumer.

I read, " Therefore, the watchdog recommended that the claim be discontinued" and "To avoid confusion, the advertising watchdog recommended that the challenged press release and media kit be modified to clearly indicate that the "best-in-class" claims do not apply to the Bronco Sport."

This was a claim brought about by a competitor, sure, but this wasn't a Wrangler vs Ford challenge. What Ford was doing was marketing in a new and ambiguous, if not deceptive, way. Ford fan-boys may just see this as a FCA vs Ford challenge that went Ford's way, but this was much more than that.
I read it differently. The article says that there are now three vehicles in that class.

" The advertising watchdog noted that with the introduction of the Bronco, there are now three body-on-frame utility vehicles in the midsize category. The Bronco, Wrangler, and 4Runner are midsized, utility vehicles (not cars or trucks), built on a traditional/body-on-frame (not crossover/unibody) platform. "
Sponsored