Sponsored

MPG Poll...yes it has come to this

If avg. MPG is below this number, I'm walking away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expect my Sansquatch BL to be around 15-18 average and I'm 100% fine with that. Beats the shit out of all the tahoes and whatnot over the years I've had getting 10-12. My 3.5 F150 now is getting around 18.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put 8...but in reality, no one is walking away from this for that reason. This is non-aerodynamic open air 4x4 with 35s (for many). No one who intends to buy now is abandoning this type of vehicle for reasons of mileage. You may have some yahoo make that his excuse, but it's not reality.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

14 - you know why - I would love to say I am not walking away - but really if they cannot do better than 14 in 2021 - then what else on the build can they not do better on that is substandard.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Let's settle this once and for all" lol

I dont know why people are quick to say my full size SUV/pick up gets x, so I'm cool with y. We need to acknowledge that the interior of the bronco is the size of a Honda CRV. It's doesnt seat 7 people, or have a 6 ft bed attached to it. Putting off-road capabilities aside, we are driving something the size of a Honda CRV and getting for example 16-17 mpg mixed (sasquatch) instead of 27 mpg mixed.

Anyway, I'm not walking. But I could see myself owning this for a much shorter amount of time out of frustration, if my 90% "city" driving is like 12 mpg or less.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL @ whomever expects 20mpg avg. You better be getting a 2DR, Base, 2.3, auto.
4 door, 2.3 auto. "It's an offroad vehicle. Get a Tesla if you're concerned about fuel economy!" I mean fuck me for expecting that they managed to squeeze out an additional 2 mpg combined in the last 34 years and expecting comparable MPG to the 4 banger turbo Jeep 4D at 22mpg combined. It's an offroad vehicle, so obviously I'm not so concerned with MPG as I'm already willing to accept it is way worse than a lot of options out there, but it's also 2021, expecting less than 20 out of a vehicle with an engine the size of a Chihuahua shouldn't be considered so ridiculous.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 door, 2.3 auto. "It's an offroad vehicle. Get a Tesla if you're concerned about fuel economy!" I mean fuck me for expecting that they managed to squeeze out an additional 2 mpg combined in the last 34 years and expecting comparable MPG to the 4 banger turbo Jeep 4D at 22mpg combined. It's an offroad vehicle, so obviously I'm not so concerned with MPG as I'm already willing to accept it is way worse than a lot of options out there, but it's also 2021, expecting less than 20 out of a vehicle with an engine the size of a Chihuahua shouldn't be considered so ridiculous.
2 Dr, 4 cyl base model Jeep with 29" street tires might get >20mpg if you drive it like a granny. Go ahead an option the Rubicon up, 33" M/Ts, 4 door, and watch that economy drop down to about 16mpg average.

Status
Not open for further replies.