Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should be able to cancel once the delivery estimate is communicated.

like, august ok.

november, cancel or opt for 22.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tend to always find the positive in things.
I'm a ride or die mod top guy. So I'm gonna wait for it and forego the credits

The positive of waiting is the possibility lightning blue is extended to My wildtrak series for fy22. And they bring that black leather interior too, seeing people's demand for it
(Pie in the sky hopes and dreams)
Highly doubtful on LB. I do see the black interior being a possibility, though.

Bodies are painted long ahead of time as seen in pics on this site, no?
I guess they could build at the end of the '21 run and park it in a factory storage lot for several months until the MOD was available. I read posts where factory employees have said they do this with hundreds of vehicles waiting on something or another.
I suppose that's true.

So....you must believe the MOD unavailability is a Covid issue, rather than an engineering fail or sourcing blunder. Wake up; Covid is just a new version of "the dog ate my homework".

I would cut Ford more slack if they hadn't shown their ass on so many issues where there was no possibility of a viral culprit.
Yup, since a situation where factories and businesses were closed for months couldn't possibly interrupt a production/launch schedule. Completely impossible! Also impossible they were overly optimistic in when they could get things back up to speed, and are having to backtrack.

Look at the semiconductor shortage, foam shortage, etc. issues that are rippling through the auto industry - covid delays are real whether you like it or not.

HalfSmallGosling-size_restricted.gif

I let this one simmer. I’m definitely disappointed because I’m not going MIC Top. I’m sticking to the Painted MOD. I just wish they offered the option to get the dual top w/the ability to pick up the Modular Top at a later date, versus delaying my First Day Reservation to 2022.

Also, locking in the price is alright (even though they already made one price hike already) and $250 towards the off-roading academy, but man do I wish they’d give the people a little more than that, especially since they’re willing to give $1 Grand (+495 Sound) for people shifting to the MIC.

I feel like I’m just being discarded.

I understand we’re in a pandemic, and if these delays mean the factory workers and employees are executing on safe work practices, than I’m ok by that. To me, that’s far more important than getting my new Bronco a couple months earlier. I just wish they gave more consideration to the people who have been building their vehicle for almost a 1/2 year... got it exactly how they want, put their order in and suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them.

It feels very disingenuous to those who are sticking with and paying more for the MOD top
Yeah, that's another route I didn't think of in my "potential solutions" post yesterday - they could just wire dual top ones for hardtops and then give you a soft top and get you your hardtop at a later date.

Looks like its time to find another supplier!!! Jeep never had this problem.
Jeep also didn't have to launch a completely new vehicle in the middle of global parts shortages.

Can Ford legally have two sets of invoice and MSRP prices for '22MY Broncos being sold concurrently? If they did a rebate to the dealer for the difference after the sale, there is no mechanism to know if they passed on the savings to the customer. I just don't see them trying to do a rebate to the customers after the sale, be a nightmare. Since a large chunk of the deals are based on the MSRP or invoice price points, I can envision a lot of dealers lining their pockets with this so called price protection BS. I fear the implementation of this, perhaps having dealers code in rebates at the time of sale for price differences will lead to widespread 'errors' that end up as an invisible to the customer ADM.
tenor.gif
Honestly, I'm guessing they're going to be producing reservations/orders for most if not all of the '22 MY anyway, so they're probably unlikely to wind up changing '22 pricing at all.

Speculation.....but this could also mean they have no present intention, due to all the current issues, plus shipping logistics possibly, of making that 4DR mega multi-piece top available for later purchase
I'd think they have to, as dealers will need to be able to order replacements in the event of accidents and whatnot.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like, august ok.

I just e-mailed my dealer to change my order to MIC only. If I later find out that I still won't get my rig until very late this year I might just change my order back to dual top, thus guaranteeing a MY22. Not that I care what model year I have, I just want to have it yesterday instead of tomorrow :-D
You can change your order until VIN is assigned, so really no risk in changing it now with the hopes of getting an earlier delivery. Plus that $1000 incentive is hard to not jump on. Extra cash AND get my ride this year? Yes please :)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what does that non-sense even mean, if you ordered a base model you get it but if you ordered any options...you have to wait. Solid ;) This is looking more fleeting by the moment. Figure we will get the estimated delivery time on Memorial Day or sometime in June. Wouldn't be surprised if people didn't see deliveries till July.
I ordered a 4Dr Base 2.7L Squatch after being firmly in the Badlands camp for months. In the end, I realized this was a much better deal imo AND I also thought what you said. Seeing how many people here were ordering the upper trims made me think being one of the few 4Dr Base orders would get me my vehicle quicker. We'll see!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pure pulling these numbers out of my butt:

2% of FE orders will be cancelled.
10% of FE orders will be converted to other models so that they can still get the Mod top next year.
50% of MOD top orders (outside of FE) will push to next year.

Which if I crunch the math... means I still won't get my Dec res in the first quarter. But I suspect MY22 ordering will open in the first quarter so I will get to also decide then if I want to push to MY22. :p

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what has been said in other threads
About 125,000 converted Reservations means:
~34,000 2 doors
~91,000 4 doors
Of those
-50,000 are I4 (So we can gather that about 22,000 are manual and 28,0000 are automatic)
~75,000 are V6

~ 62,000 are Sasquatch

~ 88,000 are high trims??

Just a bit of perspective since it sounds like ford will produce maybe 60,000 broncos this year?

Base it on the MOD top that forum members ordered. I would say about 20% of the converted reservations are MY22 unless owners switch to a MIC top. So 100,000 orders are considered for MY21.

Just random number crunching, correct me if I am wrong
No, you’re right, definitely random number crunching.

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alas, I have told my dealership I'll be a MY22. I really don't like the grey MIC hardtop and I was a late July reservation anyway with my fingers crossed just to receive a MY21. Hunting the good stuff maybe now I can get a roof rack and one of those, "special editions" that keep getting alluded to. I'll just have to wait a bit longer now. The only thing I'm bitter about are the Ford Pass rewards. I was willing to wait longer for the MOD top without complaint. Why would I only receive the rewards if I go with a top I don't want? Its not my fault Ford is having issues with suppliers and made the decision to push the MOD top to MY22. They should give those rewards to all MOD top orders regardless if they choose to change tops or wait. Ford, make this right!

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that Base Camp will be the big winners.
While I agree with your statement, I can't imagine that is the Bronco Ford wants out in the public setting the impressions of the normies (non Bronco6G members)!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I agree with your statement, I can't imagine that is the Bronco Ford wants out in the public setting the impressions of the normies (non Bronco6G members)!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine Base is the Bronco Ford wants out in the public setting the impressions
Correct...that's why the launched the Sport 6 months early

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow !
Possibly wait till 2023-24 model year make sure all bugs and recalls are worked out with this new gen?
Might have to rename the site to Bronco7G! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The screw-ups were not just marketing, it was across the board, from engineering screwing up the winch blocking the camera to the roof rail GVWR issue. Then the design team gave us some great interior choices that we still question, colors, etc.

Working in Engineering Project Management, I have seen first hand how the same people in a company float across roles at various stages of a project. Granted I work in Aerospace and not Automotive but the fundamentals are the same. And it is the same senior management at all the key meetings, approving things before you move to the next project phase.

Early in the project you maybe working with management and marketing on business decisions that affect the product. Later, during design, you maybe working with the end customer to assure the design elements and goals are on track, this end customer could be production or the final user. Once the design is complete, you then move into the role of standing on the production floor at the daily meetings to resolve any issues production is facing.

And then we have @Litestorm17 great list of other Ford model launch issues:
This true everywhere and I agree its far worse in aerospace, we call it the self licking Ice cream cone. Buddy at the top sees something he likes and says yes, then all his yes men agree (for fear of saying no) then all the middle management (who haven't worked on the plane in years) agree. It's only when they show up on the floor with the piece of equipment that has been bought & paid for do they find out form the worker bees that it won't fit and can't be done without redesign.
This Bronco seems to be a few cases of excited marketing executives wanting to showcase everything right out of the gate and then figure the logistics and engineering on the back swing. I kind of wish they started with 3 limited option trims for the 21MY & unveiled the remaining 3 for MY22. This or do a better job with managing people expectations from day one.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like, august ok.

You can do exactly that.

You can also modify your order to different options when you find out your delivery estimate.

Not only can you do these things, Ford has explicitly said they are expecting people to do this.

nealpark

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr FE / 2013 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sad I won't be getting the MOD top on my FE. Will now have painted black grille & mirror caps, but MIC top & fenders. Would a vinyl wrap of the MIC top work?

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like, august ok.

I've seen a few posts of people finally giving in and cancelling their orders already. So a question for opinions...

Will dealers actually cancel the orders with Ford or will they keep the order and get a Bronco they can put on the lot?

I can especially see this happening with FEs. I think Ford will be building 7000 First Editions this year. Whether they go to an original reservation holder or to the dealer lot, they will be built and sold IMO.
Sponsored