2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is no one talking about what’s changing on the 4 door MIC top for 2022?

Whatever they are improving on the mod top to accommodate a roof rack for a Sasquatch (which is obviously taking longer than expected) is probably the inner design around the C pillars/cross beam.

You’d think the front and mid panels aren’t changing, since they’re not structural, which is good since it’s going to be very costly if you break a panel down the road on your 2021-only top. I’m guess it’s just the clamshell inner structure.

I think the consolation of free sound deadening is more than just the mod top delay but also to appease MIC top guys that a part of our top will be a one and done for 2021. I don’t think the current sound deadening cut outs will be 100% compatible with any top after 2021 (such as the clamshell) since it will be modified for 2022....which is why it was such an easy decision to unload all of their sound deadening for free.

The fucked up part is that Ford said wait for 2022 to get rails on the Sasquatch. Then said mod tops will be delayed but could still be had in 2021. Personally, I wasn’t buying any of that, and steered clear of ordering my 21 with a mod top. Really? They are going to build a mod top for a 2 month production run in 2021 only to modify it in 2022 for better roof rail support? Yeah right. Look where they are now - They won’t even scrape together a couple thousand of them for FE owners.

In short - There will likely be two different structures for the 4 dr hardtops (one that can’t support rails on a Sasquatch ie 2021; and another slightly modified for the rails in 2022). The sound deadening cut out now are only compatible for 2021 (MIC only) and are free to everybody. MOD tops will be perfected in 2022, and MIC tops will be modified in 2022. Another reason why they axed dual tops. They just want to get the inadequate 2021 version of the MIC top over with to focus on the revised structure in 2022.
My hunch is that they're also having issues with the complexity of Ford's designed hardtop and getting it to seal properly w/ the mod top version (a problem for many jeep owners).

Before we know it, Ford will be telling us that MIC isn't available and soft top only. Just joking.
Sponsored

teerussyo

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ya know, what would be cool is if they would buy back our hard tops or swap them for soft tops (for 2 door folks) at no charge. Otherwise I will be putting my hard top out to the curb and setting it on fire within 5 minutes of getting my Bronco home.

AmericanGirl

Badlands
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
I've decided to proceed with the MIC top and purchase the modular painted top when it becomes available. Any word on how much they will be selling it for ?

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im a 7/15/20 Res and ordered dual tops with Shadow-black hard top. And Im waiting. So someone is moving up in line :)
Thank you from Base Camp!

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can a customer order a 2021 Bronco with soft top now, and then purchase a modular hard top at a later date? No. Bronco four-door models with soft top are not equipped with the necessary connections to support the rear windshield wiper assembly.

We all knew this...but...the answer is misleading....the MOD top would fit...just without washer/heater. Correct?
Speculation.....but this could also mean they have no present intention, due to all the current issues, plus shipping logistics possibly, of making that 4DR mega multi-piece top available for later purchase

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For 2021 the MOD top is completely cancelled, right?
It is for the FE. MIC only, no soft top can be ordered with the FE either, it has to be ordered through your dealer at a later date.

Hedz_Up

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those wanting to move up in line, you’ve moved up one spot. I just canceled my FE order and will be looking elsewhere for a new vehicle. While I was excited for the new Bronco, I just can’t do the MIC top for a vehicle that expensive. I know there are options later, but I’m moving on. Good luck to you all and enjoy your Broncos.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've decided to proceed with the MIC top and purchase the modular painted top when it becomes available. Any word on how much they will be selling it for ?
If using the current Wrangler OEM hardtop as a price guide, you'd be looking at around $2500 (plus shipping and wiring kit). That would be either a textured black finish, or smooth primer finish (which would require additional expense of the desired paint color).

Sample 4-door hardtop for reference: https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/75452452/82215142.html

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went through all 50 pages. The question I have now is "Are these modular hardtops (white, gloss black, body color) going to be available at the start of the 2022MY" or is Ford going to still play the late availability game.
The late availability game is getting a little old.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on what has been said in other threads
About 125,000 converted Reservations means:
~34,000 2 doors
~91,000 4 doors
Of those
-50,000 are I4 (So we can gather that about 22,000 are manual and 28,0000 are automatic)
~75,000 are V6

~ 62,000 are Sasquatch

~ 88,000 are high trims??

Just a bit of perspective since it sounds like ford will produce maybe 60,000 broncos this year?

Base it on the MOD top that forum members ordered. I would say about 20% of the converted reservations are MY22 unless owners switch to a MIC top. So 100,000 orders are considered for MY21.

Just random number crunching, correct me if I am wrong
Sponsored