First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those might actually be inlays for long term door off vehicles, like the EB door inserts. Could also be insert used for soft doors.

Or...its just the door jam is designed in a way to harken back to the EB fiberglass inserts. Without the extra hassle. Being that the door are designed to be ultra light and easy to take off. They are not monstrously thick. Did I mention I know things? Just waiting for someone to really pick up on this design. The scuffplates should also be noted as being easy to replace. From what I understand...The whole thing was designed this way. You dont have to have an engineering degree to replace bashed peices. Knowing that people will play rough, but still want it to look good. I could be wrong on that one though.
Sponsored

drogers

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 m3, ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to be a jerk but then you would have to move cargo out of the trunk, to use the shelf ? Unless I interpreted wrong.
I meant it flipped up to *close*, not open - like a tailgate. But it doesn't appear to do that - a closer look at the ends shows a place for it to slide in....

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless it flips up instead of slides out... A beefy hinge would be much less susceptible to sand than a sliding mechanism, and would hold more weight for less complexity.

-- edit --
Nope, after a closer look it's pretty obvious it slides out. That may give some additional flexibility on size...
I originally thought about the hinge concept too, but these angles look too similar for it not to slide in like a drawer.
Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers 2020-07-10_15h43_58

Sponsored

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Definitely appears to be a pull out drawer/tail gate. If it turns into a dog ramp that'll be an amazing option I'd buy in a heart beat.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, we have already established that I have vision issues. At the bottom of the sill, is this multi-colored? Asking B4 reading full thread.
Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers multicolor

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or...its just the door jam is designed in a way to harken back to the EB fiberglass inserts. Without the extra hassle. Being that the door are designed to be ultra light and easy to take off. They are not monstrously thick. Did I mention I know things? Just waiting for someone to really pick up on this design. The scuffplates should also be noted as being easy to replace. From what I understand...The whole thing was designed this way. You dont have to have an engineering degree to replace bashed peices. Knowing that people will play rough, but still want it to look good. I could be wrong on that one though.
Ok, I think I see what youā€™re saying. I think that jamb pic is passenger side. Slight hump follows up door frame outlining EB door insert.
Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers B78554CB-9631-48E5-8A6A-4A8F8AD869D7

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers 746105A1-E697-420D-82BD-4C2706D2914E

So the rear angle on the door off silhouette picture is the actual door opening to give a roadster insert look? Seems like it would be tough for rear passengers to get in.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, we have already established that I have vision issues. At the bottom of the sill, is this multi-colored? Asking B4 reading full thread.
Ford Bronco Mid-Day 2021 Bronco and Bronco Sport Teasers 746105A1-E697-420D-82BD-4C2706D2914E
no, i am pretty sure that is just reflection

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
746105A1-E697-420D-82BD-4C2706D2914E.jpeg

So the rear angle on the door off silhouette picture is the actual door opening to give a roadster insert look? Seems like it would be tough for rear passengers to get in.
Not that extreme, you are seeing seat and center console silhouette.
The opening is plenty big, the taper on the sill, and the finished edge where the door frame meets the rear 1/4, will just give you that look of being more finished, not just an open door jam. Make sense?

dcbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1594413172500.png

Loving what Iā€™m seeing so far. My only concern with this slide out is that my current Wrangler has a lockable storage ā€œtrunkā€ under this area. Would hate to lose that.
Great point. I am wondering if there is a different spot to store bolts for the top/doors.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, Iā€™ve been looking at the tailgate pic for quite some time now. If that is a yeti tundra 35 or 45, hereā€™s the dimensions: 35- L 21 3/8, W 16 1/8. 45- L 25 3/4, W 16 1/8.

Now, if you look real hard, I think the back seat is up and not stowed down. From the looks of it, Iā€™d say this cargo area is roughly 18-20 inches deep.
I've been doing the same - obviously overall depth will depend on whether the tray pictured is in the 2 or 4 door. Assuming it's the 2 door (please be available in both!) - I'll go out on a limb and say it's even deeper. I agree that the back seat is in the upright position, with the "Yeti" butt up against it. If it's the Tundra 35, measuring 16-1/2" at the top and the seat is angled, which it likely is... I'm guessing the cargo area is closer to 24-30" from the base of the rear seat to the swing gate.

Can you tell I REALLY want some cargo area in the 2 door?! Probably dreaming but I'm free to dream till Monday.

aaclkjae

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am a fervent 'forever Jeep-er'. I've only driven old 2 door Wranglers for 20 years, even while having 2 young kids I wouldn't get rid of it.

Bronco has blown away even the new refined Jeeps, just based off released leaks so far. I cannot wait to sell the Jeep now. I cannot imagine what FCA triage internally is like.