First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 7/17 reservation at a major dealer, with no late availability options, yet Ford can’t even guarantee me a MY21. Then behind the scenes, they decide to skip even more people ahead of us with “priority orders.” It’s not the waiting that bothers me... It’s the lack of transparency and fairness from Ford that’s frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 7/17 reservation at a major dealer, with no late availability options, yet Ford can’t even guarantee me a MY21. Then behind the scenes, they decide to skip even more people ahead of us with “priority orders.” It’s not the waiting that bothers me... It’s the lack of transparency and fairness from Ford that’s frustrating.
I get that.

Are you with a big dealership? Seems like the bigger the dealership, the less likely you are to get a MY21 unless you were a day one reservation.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on the dealership. 1 to 25 in the first month. My dealership said Ford told them they'd be getting about 24 in the first month of allocations. That'll be sometime in June or July.

I mean it happens. It's unfortunate, but it does.

I guess I'm just more pragmatic than you are. Because numbers 1 through 24 don't really get screwed.

His post was at 10:33 am, mine was at 1:56 pm. That's nearly three and a half hours difference. All I did was share the information I was given.

It seems like you're trying to imply something that isn't rational and you're basically shooting the messenger. Me being the messenger. Look over my posts. I'm
Pragmatic . Ok bro.

Nepotism which “just happens” does not equal lucky as you define it. And nobody that’s made comment about those that benefitted from the dealer/Ford scam blamed those that benefited.
But you have a good night defending this topic.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get that.

Are you with a big dealership? Seems like the bigger the dealership, the less likely you are to get a MY21 unless you were a day one reservation.
Yup. 7/17 reservation at Sewell in Odessa, TX. I move a lot for my job, and they offered invoice pricing, as well as free delivery anywhere. I couldn’t turn that down given my circumstances. But the longer this rollout goes on, the more Ford screws the people who went to larger dealerships. Had I known they were going to pull this, I would have gone with a local dealer and ate the shipping. I’m going to be extremely salty when people who reserved in September get theirs before me just because they’re “connected.”

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bro

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup. 7/17 reservation at Sewell in Odessa, TX. I move a lot for my job, and they offered invoice pricing, as well as free delivery anywhere. I couldn’t turn that down given my circumstances. But the longer this rollout goes on, the more Ford screws the people who went to larger dealerships. Had I known they were going to pull this, I would have gone with a local dealer and ate the shipping. I’m going to be extremely salty when people who reserved in September get theirs before me just because they’re “connected.”
Sorry to hear that. But OP says it’s ok. Few hundred dealers sons, daughters and nephews getting Bronco before you “just happens”.
Oh btw that wouldn’t count towards the 20 percent without penalty.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pragmatic . Ok bro.

Nepotism which “just happens” does not equal lucky as you define it. And nobody that’s made comment about those that benefitted from the dealer/Ford scam blamed those that benefited.
But you have a good night defending this topic.
You seem to be mad at me about something Ford did.

All I'm saying is it's not worth my time to get pissed off about it.

Don't blame me.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Sewell ended up with almost 900 reservations and not really even close to enough allocations to fill them. That's one of the reasons I left Sewell, I saw the signs before the other shoe dropped.

I wouldn't put to much stock in "connected" people getting a vehicle. It's really just one or two guys at the larger dealerships getting a leg up.

Hell, if my dealership offered me the chance to get a Priority Order, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WyoBronc stated he was the FIRST reservation in line at his dealership. So, unless he got something late availability, he's still getting his rig with the first shipment. So nothing really changes for him. It's not like one guy getting put ahead of him is going to push his delivery out three months.
I don't understand your logic. He wasn't bumped by a single reservation, but potentially THOUSANDS of priority orders will now be built before his. I assume that his build could be pushed out by weeks, or even months if the priority orders burn through a critical commodity.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand your logic. He wasn't bumped by a single reservation, but potentially THOUSANDS of priority orders will now be built before his. I assume that his build could be pushed out by weeks, or even months if the priority orders burn through a critical commodity.
If his vehicle was slated to be delivered as the first production vehicle on his dealership's lot, it doesn't matter where the line cutters are. He's still going to be the second production vehicle on his dealership's lot if there's one PO in front of him.

His delivery window hasn't been determined yet, and every person that has an acceptable build to be produced before him is still going to be ahead of him.

Something to consider is that the Ford plant will hold onto a built vehicle until it makes financial sense to ship it. Either as a full fleet shipment or as a designation shipment with other cars from lots on the way to it's home lot.

So, Priority Order 1 gets built, but it won't ship that day. It could be a week, or a month before it ships to its destination. They're going to hold it until they have more vehicles going to that same dealership. The only way it would be shipped alone is if the next build was six weeks out or more. So, at that point, does it even matter? Not really.

In all reality, these Priority Orders are going to make little to no impact on the overall shipping schedule post production.

That's my logic.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So few people on here seem to understand how business works, why it is fair, and why it is silly to get indignant over all this.

If I were a dealer, and I had a couple priority order spots, and these were my Bronco orders:
A. A second time customer in the past 5 years
B. A second generation customer with a 15 1/2 year old kid
C. A business customer who buys a couple pickups every 3 years
D. A first time customer who's been buying toyotas for the last 20 years (like me)...

I'd give my two spots to B & C without regard to reservation.

Loyalty in business gets rewarded. I probably know B and C, and they've been long-time customers and it is right-and-proper for me to reward their loyalty. It is cheaper to keep a customer happy than to earn a new one. There is no meritocracy in a time stamp, and I remember no guarantee of a first-before-all-others Bronco because of my no-fault fully refundable reservation.

Trust me, I get bent out of shape about other things like when I feel someone unfairly cut in front of me at the McDonald's stupid double drive thrus... we all need to do better to get rid of our entitlement bias and just go with the flow, trusting others are doing the best they can to deliver on expectations...
and I really need to stop eating fast food! :D :D :D

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else... I just ran out of patience screening through half this thread, finding few reasonable comments, and lots of indignant complaints

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So few people on here seem to understand how business works, why it is fair, and why it is silly to get indignant over all this.

If I were a dealer, and I had a couple priority order spots, and these were my Bronco orders:
A. A second time customer in the past 5 years
B. A second generation customer with a 15 1/2 year old kid
C. A business customer who buys a couple pickups every 3 years
D. A first time customer who's been buying toyotas for the last 20 years (like me)...

I'd give my two spots to B & C without regard to reservation.

Loyalty in business gets rewarded. I probably know B and C, and they've been long-time customers and it is right-and-proper for me to reward their loyalty. It is cheaper to keep a customer happy than to earn a new one. There is no meritocracy in a time stamp, and I remember no guarantee of a first-before-all-others Bronco because of my no-fault fully refundable reservation.

Trust me, I get bent out of shape about other things like when I feel someone unfairly cut in front of me at the McDonald's stupid double drive thrus... we all need to do better to get rid of our entitlement bias and just go with the flow, trusting others are doing the best they can to deliver on expectations...
and I really need to stop eating fast food! :D :D :D

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else... I just ran out of patience screening through half this thread, finding few reasonable comments, and lots of indignant complaints
Quoted for truth. Thank you.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cappy makes a good point though. Even if the vehicle is built before yours it doesn’t mean it will get delivered before yours at the dealership due to shipping logistics. Ford could put the vehicle on a truck with a bunch of Rangers going to the same dealership seeing how they’re built at the same plant or even other Broncos but they’re not going to send it alone on a semi hauler.
Sponsored