Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard lots of things, including how much they loved the sway bar disconnect and how nice it was that it activated on the roll, off camber and auto reconnected. Many of the comments around “novice” needs were centered around the GOAT modes and one pedal driving, trail control in my recollection. Even then, several commented that the modes worked really well and they would enjoy being able to have those functions work to make the driving experience better, more relaxed and enjoyable when not “competing”. I am fairly experienced, but love the idea of a smoother ride with the sway bar disconnect, trail control for running trails at a regulated pace and one pedal seems awesome both for me and to get my wife into driving off road. None of it is required, but all of it is interesting to me.
I agree it's all nice stuff to have, and the pros did like having those options but to claim wildtrak owners can't rock crawl is 100% incorrect.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree it's all nice stuff to have, and the pros did like having those options but to claim wildtrak owners can't rock crawl is 100% incorrect.
Agreed. I think IFS Is more limited in articulation the a SFA equivalent (Jeep), but it will still work well for most any reasonable off road application. I chose the BL for all sorts of reasons, but as much for MGV as sway bar disconnect.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Photo courtesy of Broncos_south on IG

Left: Badlands. Right: Wildtrak

This photo has me rethinking adding the Sasquatch package.

Maybe it’s the fender flares the Wildtrak looks wider in this pic

2021 Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak comparison side by side.jpeg
Wildtrak looking supreme

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any information out there to suggest that the Badlands with Sas and Wildtrack with Sas have any suspension differences other than the disconnecting roll bar on the Badlands?

I ask because I would think there would be spring and damping differences between one vehicle intended for crawling and another for higher speed stuff.
No difference. Sasquatch is Sasquatch no matter the trim.

Fndinoc

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrack is the Mall Crawler package. Gives the look without the extra functionality (ie Rock Crawl mode, and sway bar disconnect). If you are just doing light 4x4ing its a good way to save some money. But if you watch any of the pro drivers they were all in Badlands or First Editions to get those 2 features.
I don't understand this thought process, do you care to elaborate? As someone who has done some rather aggressive off-roading, I find zero value in the rock crawl mode as I don't need it to auto engage my lockers, I will decide myself which one I want or need, or quite frankly the sway bar disconnect (another thing to break).

At least previously in other vehicles, if I want to go do a off-road trip, I would crawl under and take the sway bar off (or keep it permanently off prior to having a kid).

Am I missing something here? I ordered a Big Bend with a SAS package, so I get the better gear ratio, have all the 4x4 I need, front and rear lockers, 35 inch tires. I chose to get the BB for the cloth seats because I live in Phoenix where leather and vinyl sounds miserable, why would I have any belief a BB would be more capable then a BL for example? The sway bar disconnect?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be interested to see who jut throws 35s on the standard BL and tells us what happens.
There was that A51 overlanding/camping model that they just threw 35s on standard BL suspension and it looked like it had no room in the wheel well and would probably rub

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t forget axle ratios and all that when deciding between Sasquatch and not... unless you’re only going for a given look.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My build is on the left. BL, A51, 2.7L, 33" tires w/upgraded wheels and I can't wait! That being said, anyone who thinks the WT rig on the right is a 'mall crawler' is smoking dope. Both are badass rigs.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak actually makes the most logical sense. If any bronco is a “mall crawler” it’s the outerbanks. The wildtrak is the desert runner, the badlands is the rock crawler.
Whats the difference between the OBX and WT? What makes the WT a "desert runner"?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is no technical reason why the wildtrak can’t have SD but let’s imagine that WT did come with SD and if it did then what would be the difference between the WT and BL?

Does anyone know why the wildtrak doesn't have swaybar disconnect? Is there a technical reason that particular trim can't have it?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very subtle differences. I still like the idea of a Sasquatch with skinny flares.

Yes !!!!!! ........... Mine too !!!!!!!

86C4ADD0-6A3E-4439-97B3-D5D183A6D3C5.jpeg

5A1901BD-14EB-4570-AA82-79B598BC7BE1.jpeg

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is no technical reason why the wildtrak can’t have SD but let’s imagine that WT did come with SD and if it did then what would be the difference between the WT and BL?
I do get that, they want that differentiation... but my problem is what if you want a Bronco to do it all? What if you want the the highspeed wildtrak stuff, AND you want a disconnecting swaybar for occasional rock crawling?

I guess what I would like is a "do-it-all" trim above the wildtrak.... perhaps that will be the Warthog? I just hope that it's somewhat affordable.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do get that, they want that differentiation... but my problem is what if you want a Bronco to do it all? What if you want the the highspeed wildtrak stuff, AND you want a disconnecting swaybar for occasional rock crawling?

I guess what I would like is a "do-it-all" trim above the wildtrak.... perhaps that will be the Warthog? I just hope that it's somewhat affordable.
The do-it-all trim is the Badlands.
Sponsored