Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

we can throw in next gen nuclear reactors if we want to talk about green, but then again there is the recycle arguments.
Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rural America is not going to be able to have charging stations every 30 miles or so in the middle of no where. Great for fleets or big city folks but not anywhere else. And it really won't be much greener with battery disposal and Petroleum or coal generating most of the electricity grid.

Just trading one evil for another.
Again though you're focusing on how things are today and not how they can be. The grid will not stay the way it is currently forever and investment is in alternative energies not coal. The proportion of energy sourced from coal will only continue to decrease with time. As for rural charging stations, I'm not sure how it's any different from stating rural America can't support having gas stations dotted across the landscape enough to support ICE vehicles. The infrastructure will develope alongside the adoption of the vehicles. Rural America will be the last hurdle, but at some point the industry will be flipped in favor of supporting electric over ICE and they will manage whatever hurdles get in the way of that.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do we all get to Mars in a green manner when the earth is done?

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rural America is not going to be able to have charging stations every 30 miles or so in the middle of no where. Great for fleets or big city folks but not anywhere else. And it really won't be much greener with battery disposal and Petroleum or coal generating most of the electricity grid.

Just trading one evil for another.
Think about all the real estate solar panels and windmills take up compared to oil.
Who wants to look at all that ugly stuff!
I don’t know why everything has to be so black-and-white with each administration!
One is all about oil! One is all about green!

Just a little bit at a time each step forward is all we need.

CO0LHand

Badlands
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not entirely sold on the idea that electric vehicles are "greener" or "better". The manufacturing process requires a lot of raw materials and processes that aren't "green". How "green" are the power plants? How many more power plants will we need? Anybody think about battery disposal? I'm not sure we're ready for this transformation... Just my 2 cents...
This is true but the issue isn't necessarily "green." It's more that as we continue to dig up carbon that has spent the last several billion years being sequestered and burn it and release it into the atmosphere we are undoing a LOT of natural time spent getting the atmosphere where it is now. Maddow makes an interesting point though. If the functionality is better as an electric vehicle than a gas vehicle that's the tipping point where we don't need to burn nearly as much gas as we have for a LOONG time.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think about all the real estate solar panels and windmills take up compared to oil.
I don’t know why everything has to be so black-and-white with each administration!

All one needs to do is go visit a steel production plant to understand really what electricity is.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would have to drive and keep your electric car for 7 years before you break even with the carbon footprint created by the process of creating the battery that powers it. And until the grid's electricity has a lot more cleaner sources that power it you are just using non green ways to charge that battery. It's all just feel good nonsense.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure this is the way of the auto industry, and that's fine. I just wonder how many electric cars would sell if the Government stopped giving people other peoples money to buy them. Plug in vehicles amount to less than 2% in America, and I'd bet it would be less than 1% if the $7500 from the tax payers wasn't there. IMHO

If all of this green becomes viable it needs to come from the free market. Not the government.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is true but the issue isn't necessarily "green." It's more that as we continue to dig up carbon that has spent the last several billion years being sequestered and burn it and release it into the atmosphere we are undoing a LOT of natural time spent getting the atmosphere where it is now. Maddow makes an interesting point though. If the functionality is better as an electric vehicle than a gas vehicle that's the tipping point where we don't need to burn nearly as much gas as we have for a LOONG time.
Eh, well most of it gets recycled every time the sun sets.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base

not to mention that wind farm blades are not reusable and are just dumped in the landfill where they will sit until the end of time.
Sponsored