Sponsored

Will this be your last Ford?

Will this be the last Ford you purchase?

• Total voters

maade48

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know about any of you, but after this “email” from Ford, I have lost a lot of faith in their ability to care for customers and communicate. I have decided this will be my last Ford and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Will this be your last Ford, or are you going to give them another chance?
Sponsored

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know about any of you, but after this “email” from Ford, I have lost a lot of faith in their ability to care for customers and communicate. I have decided this will be my last Ford and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Last one for sure. The way I (and others) have been led on to believe their endless lies and their disregard for the customer is definitely something I never want to do again. Worst car buying experience ever.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different reason here. Maybe a new Mustang if gasoline V8 only, otherwise no interest in ever buying an electric toy from any manufacturer. Used cars for my future.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No…when my wife’s turn comes up, I’m thinking of an Edge or Explorer to complement my Bronco. Expect to go back to Chapman to do so.

To be honest, I have had a great experience with Ford and the Bronco. I know people have had issues, delays, inconsistencies, etc. That has not been my experience. I found Chapman’s deal through this forum (although I’m only half hour away conveniently) ordered my Bronco the way I wanted and changed a few times. Sure it took a bit, but once I got my build date, it was built on time and delivered on time. Chapman was a great experience and I got a great price and I love the product itself. The vehicle is awesome and exactly what I hoped for 1,500 miles and two months in. I liked the Tacoma I had a lot, but much more enjoy my OBX Bronco. Sometimes big dumb companies are going to be big dumb companies, but I’m very happy with my experience and product.

I understand others have had issues and empathize with them. But I can’t pile on when that was not my experience.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I said that about my last one (6.0 Powerstroke 15 years ago) but here I am once again.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hit a pole like this a while ago. Majority of people are just Ford fans and responded that they will continue with Ford. But it's been a while so I wonder if opinions have changed. I know I won't.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It won't be my last Ford I'm sure, but it will be my last new Ford and I'll never drive onto another Ford dealer lot again any where for any reason unless God forbid I have to go to one for my Bronco warranty....

I've not gone to a Walmart since 2018...I've got a list of restaurants with terrible service that we've not eaten at for years(most have since closed).....we switched banks at the drop of a hat after using them for 16y due to covid requirements...so I've got zero issues taking my business somewhere that's wants and appreciates my business.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll reserve judgment until i try the product. I'm still here so that should tell you something. For all those that say they wouldn't get another Ford, you should cancel your orders, that will show Ford you mean business. Seriously, why would you still be here? Vote with your wallet.

I think what we can learn from this process is that
1. Ford is not Amazon(i hate Amazon but they are a necessary evil sometimes and their customer service is top notch)
2. You'll be better prepared for your next Ford order, it isn't as bad if you expect it.

This is how we learn, this is how we evolve

Last edited:

MaddSkillzzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Morris Minor Traveller
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At 67 I think it will be my last, if I were younger like most of you I couldn't answer this. My first new was a Ford though, would like to end with one but we will see what happens.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are making your decision because of an "email"? People have received the email that have already received their Broncos all the way back in January. Obviously the intern that sent out the "emails" had no clue what he or she was doing.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why so brand dependent? i just get what fits my need and is best value. if i wasn't a bronco fan growing up and wanted to spend a little more coin would have went defender, and fast.

for ford, who knows. the communication and wait sucks but then again most supply chains are fd up and there was no way to predict popularity + covid + other issues. they did send a bunch of shit and are transparent about delays, just not communicating well overall.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without a doubt, Ford won't get another look from me. In fact, we've bought another vehicle since getting the Bronco and the only brands we did not look at were Ford/Lincoln.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned 35+ or so vehicles, Bronco is the first brand new vehicle. In that count only a couple have not been a FMC vehicle (one was a mercury). So yes I know I'll buy more Fords.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not a Ford fan boy, but I’m mostly happy with the bronco. My wait was long, but not as bad as others, and I didn’t drop anything to get it built faster. If I never buy another Ford, it’s not because of my Bronco experience.
Sponsored