Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So please just leave our politics off the table for 10 minutes and watch this report by Racheal Maddow. Whether you like her or not she reported on a company we all support and love here. It made alot of good points and I hope will help center us as distinctly car centric country. Alot of us already know everything she says, but some dont and may be suprised. So please give this video a chance for a minute.

In all fairness I dont always find her reports or style great and she can have a tone I dont prefer. But honesty and fairness is important in journalism and she often shows it.

Remember this is about Ford, our future, and our country.
Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that electric vehicles are "greener" or "better". The manufacturing process requires a lot of raw materials and processes that aren't "green". How "green" are the power plants? How many more power plants will we need? Anybody think about battery disposal? I'm not sure we're ready for this transformation... Just my 2 cents...

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
honestly unless this car has a 400 mile range or something that makes it different from other electric cars , ford is wasting money

the tech is not there yet.

They just announced that the new electric hummer is almost 10 thousand pounds with all the batteries it has.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that electric vehicles are "greener" or "better". The manufacturing process requires a lot of raw materials and processes that aren't "green". How "green" are the power plants? How many more power plants will we need? Anybody think about battery disposal? I'm not sure we're ready for this transformation... Just my 2 cents...
Battery disposal has already been thought of. VW and Tesla are looking at battery recycling. There's a former Tesla engineer that also started a company to recycle old batteries https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanoh...ches-from-your-old-batteries/?sh=5cffbdb73726. There are companies that actually sell old Tesla battery packs today because they still have a lot of juice in them.
The grid isn't super green and neither are the batteries, but then again if you look at oil wells dotted around the world, it's not exactly like the only thing making oil/gas bad for the environment is CO2. Oil spills, pipeline spills, and dammit when I was 20 I forgot to put the oil plug back in and dumped 4 quarts onto my dad's new paved driveway :ROFLMAO:.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Baby steps. It took 10 liter inline sixes to out run horses to convince people on internal combustion. Sure wasnt efficient but it got the ball rolling. Get people convinced then people invest in battery tech/recycling, one problem at a time sort of deal. Power production at this point for EV is more efficient, storage and waste is still a toss up. It will not be a quick transformation, realistically I'd say 30 years before gas stations are relics. I will probably take my last ride in a V8 vehicle run on home brew corn or sugar cane ethanol but thats gonna be a long time from now. But for now I just wanna see the prez do donuts in anything.

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
honestly unless this car has a 400 mile range or something that makes it different from other electric cars , ford is wasting money

the tech is not there yet.

They just announced that the new electric hummer is almost 10 thousand pounds with all the batteries it has.
Ford towed a train 2 years ago, they are putting in the work and wouldnt F with the F series if they could only get 200 miles of range out of it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can make a thousand arguments about why electric cars will never work and debate them FOREVER. But one argument no one can deny. Fossil based fuels will eventually run out. If we don't find an alternative source for fossil fuels then civilization will cease.

Looked what happened last week when the pipeline just stopped for 1 week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can make a thousand arguments about why electric arguments will never work and debate them FOREVER. But one argument no one can deny. Fossil based fuels will eventually run out. If we don't find an alternative source for fossil fuels then civilization will cease.

Yep people lit themselves on fire because they didnt know what else to do with themselves.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can make a thousand arguments about why electric cars will never work and debate them FOREVER. But one argument no one can deny. Fossil based fuels will eventually run out. If we don't find an alternative source for fossil fuels then civilization will cease.

Good point.....hey you wouldn't happen to be interested in a couple of grocery bags of gas would you?

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oil and gas pay their own way plus some.
Say who now what? You mean because they are just sitting there waiting for us to use? They dont require any work to create(not produce) so that makes them cheaper. But in the earlier days of the oil industry their was death and disaster and criminal cruelty. Now we have a system, the rights are now owned and everything seems like we just pluck it out of the ground, stir it up and fill the tank. It takes time, decades to build the system so it doesnt need waste and subsidies. Takes time.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So please just leave our politics off the table for 10 minutes and watch this report by Racheal Maddow. Whether you like her or not she reported on a company we all support and love here. It made alot of good points and I hope will help center us as distinctly car centric country. Alot of us already know everything she says, but some dont and may be suprised. So please give this video a chance for a minute.

In all fairness I dont always find her reports or style great and she can have a tone I dont prefer. But honesty and fairness is important in journalism and she often shows it.

Remember this is about Ford, our future, and our country.
That’s a great video making a ton of sense. Thanks for posting. If electric makes the F series better for what it does then people will buy it period, whether they care if it is greener or not. Looking forward to a better Bronco someday as well.