DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even "priority" orders are being delayed. My stores one and only Bronco that has been scheduled is our Priority and it has been pushed back to 8/16.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I don't understand all the hate. Maybe the owner of the dealership stayed up all night trying to reserve one like the rest of us (well not me) and got one of those early numbers. I say that because my sales person at the dealership I have my order through did this herself (well actually her husband) to get a First Edition. She still doesn't have hers but I believe her since we both share all the same horror stories. Some of Fords on employees are pretty stoked by this too!

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow, I can't believe some of the comments here. Myself I'm just happy to see Ford is actually getting some Bronco's on the road.

@Middleton_Sasquatch Andrew, Congratulations, it's a beauty. I'm looking forward to some real world reviews, so I ask you to tell it like it is. Please don't fluff over anything. It's not going to hurt my feelings if the Bronco is less than perfect. I just want the truth so I can have an idea of what to look for when mine finally arrives. Enjoy

First Edition 0-60 !

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the vid. Your the first true tester I have seen! Although in the 8 seconds is probably not to surprising I was hoping for something closer to the 7 sec range. Oh well there is always the tunes! Was this done in Sport Mode? I am pretty sure the FE has that right.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That ain't bad for a big ol' heavy brick with four tires. I really didn't expect the Bronco to be a barn burner. It just isn't build for that.
Maybe not but my 2000 Dodge Durango with 20 year old tech was about this fast. ALthough it didn't have 35" tires either. This reminds me of my test drives of the Ranger and F150 (also with the 2.7). It takes a bit to get going for some reason. I guess it's the way they have it mapped for economy or something. I will definitely be doing the Ford Tune (or equivalent).

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the vid. Your the first true tester I have seen! Although in the 8 seconds is probably not to surprising I was hoping for something closer to the 7 sec range. Oh well there is always the tunes! Was this done in Sport Mode? I am pretty sure the FE has that right.
No sport mode on the FE. We've theorized that you could get the same effect in Baja mode IF you can switch it to 2 wheel drive.

Edit: @Middleton_Sasquatch can you check if Baja mode can be used in 2 wheel only please?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No sport mode on the FE. We've theorized that you could get the same effect in Baja mode IF you can switch it to 2 wheel drive.

Edit: @Middleton_Sasquatch can you check if Baja mode can be used in 2 wheel only please?
Interesting, so that should hold true for Badlands too right? I know FE is some strange combo of Badlands and Wildtrack and wasn't sure how the "Sport" Mode fit into the equation. I have a Badlands ordered BTW which is the reason for my curiosity ;)

GeebeeBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we’re going to be seeing a lot of this for the next 6 months while the rest of us peasants are in the dark. Every influencer, insider, owner/priority, and all the others that know the system, will be showing off their truck and acting like all is right in the world. Meanwhile, said peasants will be force fed by these people until one day, maybe, on the horizon, over that mountain, there will be a mass produced Bronco that we can also enjoy. First year Broncos are now just marketing tools in hopes to keep people hooked into 22-23. No offense to the OP, but that is direction things seem to have gone.
I’m a common man just wanting my Bronco. Hard to celebrate the insiders when we can’t get honest and timely communication.

Sponsored

JJWOOD

First Edition
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2005 Cayenne Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hummm. So according to the internet, the New Defender was revealed at the Frankfurt Auto Show on Sept. 10th, 2019. According to LandRover's website, the opening of ordering (in the UK) was announced on Feb. 26th, 2020, with "Spring" deliveries. I couldn't find a date as to whom was the first retail customer delivery (in the UK I assume), but subtracting Spring of 2020 from Sept. of 2019, gets seven to eight months between reveal and delivery.

The Bronco was launched on the internet with ordering directly from the Manufacturer in July 2020 and the first retail deliveries were the 3rd week of June 2021. My count is 11 months between reveal and delivery. So a max 4-month difference between the two SUV's release schedules. Ford delivered the Bronco about 3 months late based on its initial "Spring 2021" delivery schedule. Ford's Bronco was revealed and set into production during a worldwide pandemic that shut the entire world down for at least 6 months.

You said the Defender is a "much more complicated vehicle", well that I'd have to argue with. I'd say that the Bronco is more complicated than the Defender. The Defender does not have a removable, multi-section roof and does not have removable doors. The Bronco also has a two engine options (yup, the Defender has a few more - some different sizes of the same engine block?) and manual transmission option, and the Bronco has 11 different suspension configurations (according to a post on B6G). The Defender is built on Rover's established U7 platform. Bronco is built on a entirely new platform.

In my book, considering the height of the pandemic was right in the middle of Ford's Bronco launch, I think Ford did pretty damned well with just a 4-month slip.

My 2 cents.
They launched it IN a pandemic. not before. They should have known it would be hard and planned accordingly. Announcing a car 18 months in advance gives your competition a lot of time to react. Jeep announced, tested, and released the 392 in that time. The best move is always the last-minute announcement. Car companies are looking at other industry and Tesla does this sort of thing and it needs to stop. Announce it when it's done, not before you've even established a factory to build it in.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They launched it IN a pandemic. not before. They should have known it would be hard and planned accordingly. Announcing a car 18 months in advance gives your competition a lot of time to react. Jeep announced, tested, and released the 392 in that time. The best move is always the last-minute announcement. Car companies are looking at other industry and Tesla does this sort of thing and it needs to stop. Announce it when it's done, not before you've even established a factory to build it in.
That is my point, Ford launched the Bronco IN the pandemic and Rover launched BEFORE the pandemic. The tops on the Bronco and the removeable doors make the Bronco a far more complicated vehicle to engineer and manufacture. And there is only a 4 - 5 month difference between the two SUV's launch - to - delivery times.

But I agree with you, manufacturers should not have such advanced formal notices of new vehicles. And the Tesla cyber launch scheme just doesn't work with the traditional manufacturers who have private dealerships distribute the product. But as usual, Tesla gets away with an 18-month Model 3 delay and a 24-month Model X delay; with neither vehicle affected by a global pandemic.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t think anyone is “hating” on the OP, but him avoiding certain questions and prioritizing publishing content feels sketchy. Some transparency would help a lot. If he doesn’t want to, that’s fine. However, it will leave the door open for “haters” to “hate”.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Baja mode can be used in 2H. I tried this with a Badlands model

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never seen so many salty jealous people in my life than on this forum. Everyone should be happy these are finally hitting the streets for real customers who placed reservations. We all know Ford keeps fumbling throughout this whole process but we shouldn't be getting mad at each other when someone actually gets one of these beauties. Enjoy the ride!
You are correct. People are so fucking childish that they can't even enjoy the moments we have talked about and waited for...new Broncos rolling off transport trucks. It is actually sad that people are so emotionally vested in this one product, they can't even let somebody else express his joy without being a bunch of assholes. And the nitpicking, calling out spots or potential issues with his new car...it's just shitty. LOL.

I will have to remember this thread when I even think about sharing a photo of my Bronco...it's probably not worth it.

I don’t think anyone is “hating” on the OP, but him avoiding certain questions and prioritizing publishing content feels sketchy. Some transparency would help a lot. If he doesn’t want to, that’s fine. However, it will leave the door open for “haters” to “hate”.
You have got to be joking. What does the OP owe to anybody who asks a question about "how did you get your Bronco?" , aside from "none of you damn business". lol

The sense of entitlement is strong in this thread.
Sponsored