First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting, I was told the same thing when I ordered Feb 6th. System kicked it back due the RR.
What time frame were you guys ordering it?
Ford already has the rock rails up on the Ford accessories website for pretty cheap

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never seen so many salty jealous people in my life than on this forum. Everyone should be happy these are finally hitting the streets for real customers who placed reservations. We all know Ford keeps fumbling throughout this whole process but we shouldn't be getting mad at each other when someone actually gets one of these beauties. Enjoy the ride!

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm of the belief at this point it's 100% random. I've seen so many posts where guys with MIC tops and sas. packages are getting build dates for this month or next and they reserved weeks or even months after the initial release. I know I was the first one at my dealer and it's not a small dealer. Last I asked they had over 90 reservations. I'm just getting salty at this point about not even having a VIN # almost 12 months later. There are really good vehicles like the defender that were announced around the same time and somehow a much smaller company released a much more complicated vehicle faster than Ford. Maybe Ford made the announcement 6 months or more sooner than they should have.
It's looking like the bronco may get flipped and I'll wait for something better like the 'warthog' if my FE really shows up closer to December.
What’s your build though?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've never seen so many salty jealous people in my life than on this forum. Everyone should be happy these are finally hitting the streets for real customers who placed reservations. We all know Ford keeps fumbling throughout this whole process but we shouldn't be getting mad at each other when someone actually gets one of these beauties. Enjoy the ride!
If people wanna be pissed off at somebody it should be Ford. They’re the ones giving priority orders, not following timestamps like they said they would, no numbered badge, and now they’re giving out cancelled first edition allocations to dealers at the bronco offrodeo. Which in essence is going to screw a non FE holder out of a 2021.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm of the belief at this point it's 100% random. I've seen so many posts where guys with MIC tops and sas. packages are getting build dates for this month or next and they reserved weeks or even months after the initial release. I know I was the first one at my dealer and it's not a small dealer. Last I asked they had over 90 reservations. I'm just getting salty at this point about not even having a VIN # almost 12 months later. There are really good vehicles like the defender that were announced around the same time and somehow a much smaller company released a much more complicated vehicle faster than Ford. Maybe Ford made the announcement 6 months or more sooner than they should have.
It's looking like the bronco may get flipped and I'll wait for something better like the 'warthog' if my FE really shows up closer to December.
Hummm. So according to the internet, the New Defender was revealed at the Frankfurt Auto Show on Sept. 10th, 2019. According to LandRover's website, the opening of ordering (in the UK) was announced on Feb. 26th, 2020, with "Spring" deliveries. I couldn't find a date as to whom was the first retail customer delivery (in the UK I assume), but subtracting Spring of 2020 from Sept. of 2019, gets seven to eight months between reveal and delivery.

The Bronco was launched on the internet with ordering directly from the Manufacturer in July 2020 and the first retail deliveries were the 3rd week of June 2021. My count is 11 months between reveal and delivery. So a max 4-month difference between the two SUV's release schedules. Ford delivered the Bronco about 3 months late based on its initial "Spring 2021" delivery schedule. Ford's Bronco was revealed and set into production during a worldwide pandemic that shut the entire world down for at least 6 months.

You said the Defender is a "much more complicated vehicle", well that I'd have to argue with. I'd say that the Bronco is more complicated than the Defender. The Defender does not have a removable, multi-section roof and does not have removable doors. The Bronco also has a two engine options (yup, the Defender has a few more - some different sizes of the same engine block?) and manual transmission option, and the Bronco has 11 different suspension configurations (according to a post on B6G). The Defender is built on Rover's established U7 platform. Bronco is built on a entirely new platform.

In my book, considering the height of the pandemic was right in the middle of Ford's Bronco launch, I think Ford did pretty damned well with just a 4-month slip.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If people wanna be pissed off at somebody it should be Ford. They’re the ones giving priority orders, not following timestamps like they said they would, no numbered badge, and now they’re giving out cancelled first edition allocations to dealers at the bronco offrodeo. Which in essence is going to screw a non FE holder out of a 2021.
Exactly my point. No one should be mad at each other for getting their Bronco. Ford is where the anger should be directed at. Where did you read that they are giving out canceled 1st editions at? I'm not on the forum all day long but that's the first I'm reading that happened on here.

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Exactly my point. No one should be mad at each other for getting their Bronco. Ford is where the anger should be directed at. Where did you read that they are giving out canceled 1st editions at? I'm not on the forum all day long but that's the first I'm reading that happened on here.
A dealer posted a poll asking if they’d upgrade into a FE. He said they (Ford) were giving out FE reservations as a prizes at off rodeo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No pictures other then of a dented bumper and company logo?
Thanks for a whole lot of, look at me I have my bronco and the rest of you can suck it..
tempImageBIppDW.png

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A dealer posted a poll asking if they’d upgrade into a FE. He said they (Ford) were giving out FE reservations as a prizes at off rodeo.
Link to that thread? I can't seem to find it.