918v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly people seem to forget that they have to drive it on freeways to get to the trails. It’s not fun trying to merge in the traffic when you have zero power. Even the F150 with a 2.7 goes 0 to 60 and 6.1 seconds.
With small wheels and 600 pounds less weight.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow.
People say that, but it's still the most fun to drive a fast car fast.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know about that... When I had my Camaro SS, I found I drove that car slower than I thought I would. Just knowing I could kick their ass was enough to keep me in check, most of the time.

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every time in my life a car ends up being slower than it should, the same sheep-like arguments are made about “it’s not a sports car” blah blah blah.

look if a f150 can do a sub 6s 0-60, then this thing should be able to as well. I don’t know if this was driver error or if the factory software nerfs the engine for the first 1000 miles or what. What I do know is that if this ends up being real, then the Broncos value prop is going to take a massive hit.

for some reason, manufacturers can’t give us a capable off road vehicle that also has good performance. There are only 3 true off-roaders that have decent performance as of now:

wrangler 4xe
Wrangler 392
G wagen

that’s it. It’s like…come on this can’t be this hard. Even if you don’t want to drag race your bronco, a vehicle is a hell of a lot more fun when every stab of the throttle results in effortless, easy acceleration and passing. If the vehicle is struggling all the time, it just sucks. It just does.

at the end of the day, we need a vehicle that’s a drag racer on the streets and a crawler on the steeps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without all the relevant parameters that video is completely useless.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
8.1 is pathetic. So much for being a jeep killer. Might just get the 392 at this point.
8.1 seconds is extremely slow! For a twin turbo V6 with 10 speeds? The old ancient outdated 4Runner everyone is making fun off is 8.0 roughly. So let me recap: it can’t tow more than the Rubicon because it’s too heavy and it has the weaker transmission R60 and now it’s slower than a Rubicon that u can buy now? FYI Jeep has time now to design their next model? What is going on here. I’m an early reservation holder with a MOdular top and Ford thinks I’m going to wait until 22-23 to get this Bronco? Oh and I can’t add my tow-hitch unless I loose the roof rails… but I can’t get roof rails to carry my sport stuff around because I have to settle for a rag top? Too many negatives for me. This is disappointing.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brake stand, spool up the turbos and let er rip. Also make sure the GOAT mode isn't in Eco......Normal or Sport only.

Would easily get a quicker time.

Sponsored

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
8.1 seconds is extremely slow! For a twin turbo V6 with 10 speeds? The old ancient outdated 4Runner everyone is making fun off is 8.0 roughly. So let me recap: it can’t tow more than the Rubicon because it’s too heavy and it has the weaker transmission R60 and now it’s slower than a Rubicon that u can buy now? FYI Jeep has time now to design their next model? What is going on here. I’m an early reservation holder with a MOdular top and Ford thinks I’m going to wait until 22-23 to get this Bronco? Oh and I can’t add my tow-hitch unless I loose the roof rails… but I can’t get roof rails to carry my sport stuff around because I have to settle for a rag top? Too many negatives for me. This is disappointing.
I also jump to conclusions and whole-heartedly believe videos on the internet.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

8So let me recap: it can’t tow more than the Rubicon because it’s too heavy and it has the weaker transmission R60?
That's highly doubtful

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if it’s really a 2.3, it’s excusable. But if that’s the twin turbo V6 like it says, it’s pathetic. Even a diesel Rubicon is quicker. I get frustrated with Ford because everything always sounds too good to be true when they announce something. Then they bring it out and it’s not as amazing as people were expecting.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? You forget to turn dem turbos on? Wow. I hope that this is a fluke, because that is just ridiculous given the power rating of the engine and 10 speed tranny.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Test drove a rubicon jk a few years back. Scared the sales guy exiting the highway. Jeep does not handle or brake like STi.
um, what? I drive a 2011 Ford Econoline for work and I have to floor it to get it up to 65 merging onto a 75 mph highway. I own a 2019 Challenger scat pack, I can hit 100+ in that distance with ease. The van is not more fun.
Sponsored