First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any reviews on a 2 door base yet? Sorry if I overlooked that. Base base that is, non sasquatch package.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So many varying opinions on many of the same subjects, but that's to be expected. Overall it looks like the Bronco will do everything I want, and need it to do. And, drive better than my Jeep while doing so. We enjoy taking long roads trips in our vehicles, and do that in our Jeep also. The last trip being 5K+ miles on the highway, and many back roads of varying condition. The Jeep did everything I wanted it to do, but after you get a few thousand miles of highway driving under my belt I am wishing for a little less play in the steering. But, it always end up just fine. I'm looking forward to the better highway driving attributes the IFS will display, plus the better handling it will give over the washboards of the older dirt back roads. I can't wait, but I guess I'll have too. :)

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many varying opinions on many of the same subjects, but that's to be expected. Overall it looks like the Bronco will do everything I want, and need it to do. And, drive better than my Jeep while doing so. We enjoy taking long roads trips in our vehicles, and do that in our Jeep also. The last trip being 5K+ miles on the highway, and many back roads of varying condition. The Jeep did everything I wanted it to do, but after you get a few thousand miles of highway driving under my belt I am wishing for a little less play in the steering. But, it always end up just fine. I'm looking forward to the better highway driving attributes the IFS will display, plus the better handling it will give over the washboards of the older dirt back roads. I can't wait, but I guess I'll have too. :)
Even the non Sasquatch is a ton of fun on some rough dirt roads. Vaughn mentioned to me it is “like a rzr” and I agree, but it is a bit stiffer. The rzr suspension is crazy soft, you really wouldn’t want that for a daily. Bronco soaks up the bumps but also feels sporty and controlled. Riding along with those guys this thing can absolutely haul ass in the dirt.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting absolutely no work done today. :oops:
😭 ugh my government computer blocks all YouTube links and I have no cell signal on base… this is cruel

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All positive, no negatives
Are you just being funny? I randomly picked the Motor Trend article to read first, and it wasn't exactly glowing.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco/2021/2021-ford-bronco-first-drive-review/

"The steering feels less than linear in corners, and the 2021 Bronco's engineers quelled body roll to the point that, with quick steering inputs, yaw feels remarkably pronounced. Driving a Bronco fast through twisty roads is not something we'd recommend to our friends, though the Ford feels appreciably less discombobulated than the Wrangler. Still, the Land Rover Defender reminds us it is possible to combine outstanding off-road competence with true curvy-road athleticism, something the Bronco can't quite manage. Oh, Ford, why did you ever sell Land Rover? "

" The best we can do is to tell those who have already put down a deposit that, if their expectations are geared to an off-road vehicle, they are unlikely to be disappointed."

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you just being funny? I randomly picked the Motor Trend article to read first, and it wasn't exactly glowing.
To me, this part is more important as the Land Rover Defender doesn't have removable doors/top nor is the average Bronco potential owner typically cross shopping with a Defender:

To summarize the on-road experience: It's no fancy Italian exotic, but we think a cross-country trip in a 2021 Ford Bronco would be far more tolerable than one in a Jeep Wrangler, though not nearly as enjoyable as the same trip would be in a Land Rover Defender.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco/2021/2021-ford-bronco-first-drive-review/

"The steering feels less than linear in corners, and the 2021 Bronco's engineers quelled body roll to the point that, with quick steering inputs, yaw feels remarkably pronounced. Driving a Bronco fast through twisty roads is not something we'd recommend to our friends, though the Ford feels appreciably less discombobulated than the Wrangler. Still, the Land Rover Defender reminds us it is possible to combine outstanding off-road competence with true curvy-road athleticism, something the Bronco can't quite manage. Oh, Ford, why did you ever sell Land Rover? "

" The best we can do is to tell those who have already put down a deposit that, if their expectations are geared to an off-road vehicle, they are unlikely to be disappointed."
If you are super objective with the review and compare it to stuff like the Land Rover and other SUV’s not designed to off road I’m sure it doesn’t compare all that well. But compared to the wrangler (realistically it’s only competition) it is a pretty significant amount better.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is a nightmare. I swear my phone is trying to simultaneously download every video at once because I can’t even play a single video, had to revert to YouTube for the videos.
Use the Brave browser and be blissfully pop-up ad and video auto-start free.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interestingly enough, they liked the standard stereo, while most non-pro reviews haven't been great.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interestingly enough, they liked the standard stereo, while most non-pro reviews haven't been great.
I didn’t pay a whole bunch of attention, the B&O stereo was the only one I listened to and it sounded fine. Nothing mind blowing. I’m a big fan of DIY stereo stuff though, whatever money you put into getting a better factory stereo gets you something WAY better aftermarket.
Sponsored