Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting 🤔
I haven’t looked back since switching. When I want to see ads for whatever reason, I’ll open Safari instead.

For a much better search engine experience, I also use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Much less invasive of privacy.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are you just being funny? I randomly picked the Motor Trend article to read first, and it wasn't exactly glowing.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco/2021/2021-ford-bronco-first-drive-review/

"The steering feels less than linear in corners, and the 2021 Bronco's engineers quelled body roll to the point that, with quick steering inputs, yaw feels remarkably pronounced. Driving a Bronco fast through twisty roads is not something we'd recommend to our friends, though the Ford feels appreciably less discombobulated than the Wrangler. Still, the Land Rover Defender reminds us it is possible to combine outstanding off-road competence with true curvy-road athleticism, something the Bronco can't quite manage. Oh, Ford, why did you ever sell Land Rover? "

" The best we can do is to tell those who have already put down a deposit that, if their expectations are geared to an off-road vehicle, they are unlikely to be disappointed."
I can't wait to reference their review when I take my Bronco down the Tail of the Dragon :ROFLMAO:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me, this part is more important as the Land Rover Defender doesn't have removable doors/top nor is the average Bronco potential owner typically cross shopping with a Defender:

To summarize the on-road experience: It's no fancy Italian exotic, but we think a cross-country trip in a 2021 Ford Bronco would be far more tolerable than one in a Jeep Wrangler, though not nearly as enjoyable as the same trip would be in a Land Rover Defender.
Like I said, not exactly glowing. :D

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are super objective with the review and compare it to stuff like the Land Rover and other SUV’s not designed to off road I’m sure it doesn’t compare all that well. But compared to the wrangler (realistically it’s only competition) it is a pretty significant amount better.
Exactly! This is the type of comparison that I've been looking forward to. I almost bought a Rubicon last year but didn't because of the Bronco reveal. Waited all of this time because I thought the Bronco would be much better than the Rubicon and because of that, was willing to wait. The Defender is not something I'm cross-shopping the Bronco or Rubicon for (for numerous reasons).

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Embargo? :ROFLMAO: An embargo is a government order that restricts commerce with a specified country or the exchange of specific goods. An embargo is usually created as a result of unfavorable political or economic circumstances between nations.
it’s an adopted term… like front fascia. Not formally defined as such, but accepted and used by the industry

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I still dont get the cross shopping of a Defender, I saw a new one, if you seriously take that thing off road more than a dirt road, the front bumper would get ripped off or at least I prolly would end up doing that.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Nickp were you able to get an apples to apples review of the ride comfort, both on-road and off-road, between the Badlands on stock 33" tires and a Sasquatch on 35" tires?

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Nickp were you able to get an apples to apples review of the ride comfort, both on-road and off-road, between the Badlands on stock 33" tires and a Sasquatch on 35" tires?
I did not unfortunately, the only on road driving I did was in the 1st edition and the two off road bilstein shock Broncos I drove were Sasquatch not badlands.

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still dont get the cross shopping of a Defender, I saw a new one, if you seriously take that thing off road more than a dirt road, the front bumper would get ripped off or at least I prolly would end up doing that.
The Defender has an air suspension, when you set it to off road mode it raises up automatically to drastically improve clearance.

The Smoking Tire did a great review of it's off road capabilities, he was extremely impressed with it off road and on road .

If I had the money I'd get a 2 door defender, wish they made a cheaper less fancy version with the interior, which is why I've leaned towards the 2 door Bronco Base/Black Diamond.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Id go for the full size mesh one. It will let some of the sun in but it won’t be as bad like a pergola. I wouldn’t put a full canvas one on it. Kinda pointless in removing the top.
Full canvas is good for places like Arizona and Florida where plenty of folks permanently remove the top and leave a bikini on it all the time.

You end up less sunburnt and get a little bit of protection if you get caught in the rain.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because no media outlet would sign up for the embargo if they couldn’t provide an honest review. Car & Driver has enough influence that they’d be noticed if they DIDNT have a review, at which point they’d publish Ford wanted editing/review rights - pretty much sabotaging everyone else’s review.
Also, not everything is a conspiracy. Tin foil hats are not really necessary, in the real world.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm the customer who always found jeeps cool but find land/range rovers undeniably attractive. To me from reveal to today, the Bronco always seemed like the perfect middle ground between those two aforementioned brands. It's good looking, cool, AND capable.

So while I never technically cross shopped the Bronco with jeep or Landrovers, I always liked all of them and coulds really why the Bronco keeps getting compared to them

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you just being funny? I randomly picked the Motor Trend article to read first, and it wasn't exactly glowing.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco/2021/2021-ford-bronco-first-drive-review/

"The steering feels less than linear in corners, and the 2021 Bronco's engineers quelled body roll to the point that, with quick steering inputs, yaw feels remarkably pronounced. Driving a Bronco fast through twisty roads is not something we'd recommend to our friends, though the Ford feels appreciably less discombobulated than the Wrangler. Still, the Land Rover Defender reminds us it is possible to combine outstanding off-road competence with true curvy-road athleticism, something the Bronco can't quite manage. Oh, Ford, why did you ever sell Land Rover? "

" The best we can do is to tell those who have already put down a deposit that, if their expectations are geared to an off-road vehicle, they are unlikely to be disappointed."
Wait! What? You mean if I’m buying a 2 door Squatch Bronco so I can drive off road (and on) I won’t be disappointed.
Geez thanks Motor Trend for that amazing analysis.

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"The only real disappointment I had in my two days with the Bronco was that no matter which model I was in, the wireless charging pad overheated my iPhone XS to the point that it needed to slow down to cool off. A literal hot potato to the touch, all for a few ticks of battery percentage.

But hey, there are always the old-school charging ports."

I've heard of this same issue from someone who drives these things alot, maybe a pre-prod issue not sure yet.
This exact same behavior happens on the wireless charging pad in my bmw. Not good, but at least its not limited to the Bronco. Maybe it can be fixed in a software update.
Sponsored