Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sean Holman of Motortrend says the windows are removable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was trying to remember where I saw that mentioned! Yes, MT did say that.

@MIguy any idea of the weight of the clamshell with windows?
Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a “completely” modular top with all “flat” pieces is not feasible because trying to put the pieces back on would need to be a balancing act. Gotta put at least two together for it to standup on its own.

Back section needs to be structurally sound enough to be carried in one piece. Also probably the reason for the donut shape hole for the premium version.

Just my 2 cents! Thanks for the insight @MIguy!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was trying to remember where I saw that mentioned! Yes, MT did say that.

@MIguy any idea of the weight of the clamshell with windows?
The roof on the 4 door in that video. Rear glass panels definitely look separate from the roof. Assuming it's the modular shadow paint roof.

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally I believed the rear top on the 2 door came apart in 2 pieces, 1 c shaped piece for the windows and 1 roof. That’s the way it looks in the photos. But after thinking about it I don’t think it would be able to withstand the stress. For that reason the cut out oval in the top seems more reasonable. BUT I do see it being possible to do the windows in 3 pieces and the top in 1. It wouldn’t be that hard, sides on first and rear to cap it. Attachment points on the roll cage.

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out Ford's media press release

The first line on the fourth page reads, "All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps –snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels."

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

The first line on the fourth page reads, "All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps –snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels."
Thus another reason MlGuy was wrong for being shitty to another member saying the “modular hardtop is no different than the other hardtop”.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is the weight of the 2-door Bronco roof cap and how many people does it take to remove it? Will Ford be selling a mechanical accessory for garages to remove and store the roof cap so a Bronco owner can just drive under it and reinstall?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good find Ducky. Thanks....

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So... Catching up after all this drama and catty-ness.. does the 2 door modular top have all lay-flat pieces or not?? Want to know if I can store them in the back with the seats down or if I have to leave a clamshell behind.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those of you not understanding the "Modules" they are as follows:

2-Door
Module #1 - unit over driver's head
Module #2 - unit over passenger's head
Module #3 - unit over rear seat and cargo area, includes rear side windows and back window.
Module #4 - OPTIONAL on 2-Door Painted Top ONLY, "donut hole", "rear sunroof" or whatever term is coined.

4-Door
Module #1 - unit over driver's head
Module #2 - unit over passenger's head
Module #3 - unit over rear seat area
Module #4 - unit over cargo area, includes rear side windows and back window.

Windows
Now @MIguy is a Ford insider who has helped out us longtime forum members have better understanding of the Bronco. While he seems to be giving us the technical engineering picture, the press release does conflict with that. HOWEVER, at release it is typical to see these conflicts in documentation. Do the windows really remove as the press release says? Perhaps, maybe MIguy worked on a different part of the Bronco and does not know all the details. But then again, that is what I hope for as well since I do not what to have to buy a Harken Garage Storage Hoist as we discussed in another post.
Sorry, but it's true. The rear section of the top can be removed, but it comes off as a complete assembly. Additionally, there are removable pieces over the driver, passenger and rear seat.
Harken Garage Storage Hoist confirmed
https://www.extremeterrain.com/harken-hoist-4pt-7803b-jeep.html
J103155?obj=car&wid=1200&hei=900&sharpen=1.jpg

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a huge difference from the way Jeep does it. You've got the donut and Ford may be adding the ability to remove one or more of the back windows. Jeep allows the removal of the rear side windows on their Sky One Touch top. I'd like that top more if the rear window could be removed too.

The challenge for owners with removing everything is putting it all somewhere.
Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.27.33 AM

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a huge difference from the way Jeep does it. You've got the donut and Ford may be adding the ability to remove one or more of the back windows. Jeep allows the removal of the rear side windows on their Sky One Touch top. I'd like that top more if the rear window could be removed too.

The challenge for owners with removing everything is putting it all somewhere.
Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 10.27.33 AM
Damn now I have to start cleaning up my garage!
Sponsored