First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude, one hardtop is MIC (molded in color) and the other is painted. Both are identical in how they function and with what can be removed.

There is one option you can get with the 2 door painted roof that is different from the MIC roof, but that hasn't been disclosed in any photos yet so I'm not talking about it.
I'm more interested in this undisclosed roof option. Might it have something to do with the oval on the back part of the roof from the 360 colorizer?

Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top bronco
Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

The Bronco Two-Door is available only with a hardtop, but buyers can go with one of two options. The standard roof has three removable sections: two over the front occupants that can be safely stored in the trunk and a larger rear clam shell like section that'll have to stay behind. This is essentially identical to how the current Jeep Wrangler 2-Door's roof is set up.

However, there's an upgrade that offers more versatility. The premium painted option gains a fourth section: a removable panel that spans the rear seats and cargo area, effectively breaking the rear section into smaller parts, making both removal and storage more convenient.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-roof/#slide-2249347

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Two-Door is available only with a hardtop, but buyers can go with one of two options. The standard roof has three removable sections: two over the front occupants that can be safely stored in the trunk and a larger rear clam shell like section that'll have to stay behind. This is essentially identical to how the current Jeep Wrangler 2-Door's roof is set up.

However, there's an upgrade that offers more versatility. The premium painted option gains a fourth section: a removable panel that spans the rear seats and cargo area, effectively breaking the rear section into smaller parts, making both removal and storage more convenient.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/2021-ford-bronco-roof/#slide-2249347
Ford themselves say that 1 person can remove the top. I doubt 1 person could lift off that rear clamshell with 3 windows attached!
But 4 panels? So the side and rear glass comes off as one?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean side and rear glass without the roof...
Not clamshell with roof.
But he's a "ford employee"
So modular hardtop means it has a removable opening over the back seats??
?

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aside from the donut hole (what I'm calling the hole we can see in the colorizer) it's operates like a Wrangler hard top, as far as the 2 door goes, right?

With the 4 door there are panels above the rear seats also...?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone be sure to archive this thread so we can pull it out in a few months and make a certain somebody look really silly.
So modular hardtop is a donut hole in the hardtop, and ford hasn't disclosed this why??

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude.... You're mistaken.
Take the Badlands for example. It comes standard with a hardtop. Moulded in colour.. Which is removable as you stated. 3 pieces.
Optionally you can have the modular hardtop in body colour or shadow painted, and the rear, side glass is separate from the rear roof. This is what makes it modular.
You can go bikini top... You can go all open air, just the top and rear glass off, etc...
The Badlands 2 Door comes standard with a hardtop but the 4 door comes standard with a soft top...….didn't see if you made any delineation of body styles

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands 2 Door comes standard with a hardtop but the 4 door comes standard with a soft top...….didn't see if you made any delineation of body styles
Further back I used 2 door as my example. ??

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can just admit that you're wrong...
You state the only difference is the painted or MIC... And yet, the standard top is just hardtop... Modular doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the colour. Lol
In case you haven’t been in the right threads for the past few weeks, @MIguy clearly works for or with the people manufacturing the hardtops. He’s been correct 100% as far as I’ve seen.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So modular hardtop is a donut hole in the hardtop, and ford hasn't disclosed this why??
I'm surprised by that. I assumed the standard hardtop would have the three sided "clam-shell" as we are calling it. But the modular option would turn that clam-shell into essentially 3 panels. Meaning the top and two side windows of the clam-shell would be removable panels. Thought I had read that somewhere. But I'm not in the know. The oval rear opening is playing a bit fast and loose with the term "modular" but oh well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised by that. I assumed the standard hardtop would have the three sided "clam-shell" as we are calling it. But the modular option would turn that clam-shell into essentially 3 panels. Meaning the top and two side windows of the clam-shell would be removable panels. Thought I had read that somewhere. But I'm not in the know. The oval rear opening is playing a bit fast and loose with the term "modular" but oh well.
I guess nobody is in the know except you know who!
Wait and see I guess. But if it isn't modular like (you) and I think, it definitely changes things for me.

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just to clarify, per Ford, three piece and four piece roofs are available on the 2 door model. Reference this URL: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...two-door-and-first-ever-four-door-models.html. Following is the verbiage:
"Two-door models come with a standard three-section roof system – left and right front sections and a rear section – molded-in color and an available premium painted modular top with four sections that adds a removable panel over the rear seats and cargo area. " Hope this helps.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to clarify, per Ford, three piece and four piece roofs are available on the 2 door model. Reference this URL: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...two-door-and-first-ever-four-door-models.html. Following is the verbiage:
"Two-door models come with a standard three-section roof system – left and right front sections and a rear section – molded-in color and an available premium painted modular top with four sections that adds a removable panel over the rear seats and cargo area. " Hope this helps.
Am I the only one to understand that to mean the rear roof section comes off without the rear side glass?? As opposed the the 3 piece hardtop
Sponsored