First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I own a yeti cooler and 2 pelican coolers. Just in case you are not aware … these high end coolers are tanks and very insulated. I wonder if the same technology could be use to build the bronco tops. Essentially they are molded in coolers and you can have whatever color you want as in you can have white.
Sponsored

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had same build date, got confirmation it was built and then nothing then dealership called and said it was on their lot. They were just as surprised as me, the Ford site was updated the following day that it was shipped and delivered 🤷‍♂️

I did however end up getting one of the bad roofs, so maybe it wasn't supposed to ship yet which is why the surprises and bad roof.
I got super excited when I saw your username as my dealer is about 20 minutes from Ellicottville NY which is usually abbreviated Eville.

I would take a cosmetically bad roof as long as I knew the better one was coming. I currently am sharing an EcoSport with my wife and our baby until the Bronco gets here so something we can actually fit in would be nice.

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
excellent and thank you!

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

I'm genuinely excited for you folks getting your hands on the Bronco finally. It looks awesome. I have a Badlands on order. I've owned a Jeep Wrangler JK and a Jeep Gladiator (don't come with your pitchforks) with hardtops. I knew with the Bronco I wanted a soft top because a soft top is just a gamechanger - it's so easy to unlatch and push it back.

I've got to say I'm glad I ordered the soft top because if this is an example of one of the "good" hardtops, I'm truly shocked that Ford is letting the long-awaited Bronco roll out from the factory like this. The exterior of the top looks great but that interior underside looks completely not production ready. The hardtops on both Jeeps I've owned look a lot better, especially from the inside. There's a lot to love about the Bronco but so far the MIC isn't one of them for me. Glad to hear function-wise that the seals are keeping out rain, etc., though. I just hate that the Day 1 early adopters appear to be getting a top that's not ready for primetime.
Yeah, kind of a shame. But that’s always been the rule with early adopters of anything. You get it first, but there are often trade-offs, sometimes pretty hefty.

It’s the only potential silver-lining of my Jan 2021 reservation. Well, that and tested/reviewed aftermarket options. That being said, I’m super excited for those of you who have taken delivery and those of you with build dates coming up! I hope you all get flawless products and I can’t wait to see these on the road! Keep the pictures coming!

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Apples to oranges comparison, JL 2 door Hard top.
Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes 55C254D5-2BE7-4A17-88C0-1A9D8676C077
Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes 55C254D5-2BE7-4A17-88C0-1A9D8676C077
Its a one piece top and the outside is sprayed black. Very basic design and easy to mold/spray. Ford set out to build something better and lighter. Proving to be hard to manufacture.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously the shitshow that is Webasto's production of Molded-in-Color hardtops for Bronco has caused issues throughout the last year, and now seeing dozens of Broncos parked outside of MAP with "Bad Roof" chalked on their windows isn't helping matters.

With 2 weeks under my belt on my 2021 Big Bend 4-door with MIC, I was asked to share photos and impressions of one of the "good" tops.

To start, it's important to understand that this isn't simply a single-piece molded roof. Each panel has 3 structural components: A thick, textured outer laminate piece, a thin, inner laminate piece, and a core of honeycomb to balance strength and weight.

The exterior of my roof is uniform in both color and texture. All edges are smooth and consistent. The "bad" units appear to suffer inconsistencies in color and texture of the exterior finish, with edges that are jagged and in some cases showing early signs of delamination. The interior is about what I expected from similar composite roof shells. It has an okay finish but is obviously not designed to look as polished as the exterior. There is some variance in color, and in broader flat sections of the roof the shape of the honeycomb structure is visible. I suspect that the inclusion of the free headliner was to cover these inconsistencies. Not necessarily quality issues, as that is the design of this type of roof, but to provide a more polished interior finish.

All my panels are square and straight, and the latches are aligned perfectly. Each panel latch gives you a reassuring "click" when you've reached the fully closed portion, and the ease of use in removing and replacing the 3 forward panels is superb. I have yet to remove the clamshell as we've had rain chances nearly every day for the last 2 weeks, but the 6 bolts necessary for removal are easily accessible and the process seems straightforward.
My Bronco is very similar. Good write up.

KpThatsMe

Big Bend
First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the roof have anything to do with Broncos being built 6/30 and sooner but not yet shipped?
I think they were sitting due to shut down. I was around the same time and got the call about an hour ago that my bronco just got off the truck at my dealer. I’m only 20 mins from MAP though so mines gonna come a bit quicker. I still don’t have an update on my tracker.

Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

I think they were sitting due to shut down. I was around the same time and got the call about an hour ago that my bronco just got off the truck at my dealer. I’m only 20 mins from MAP though so mines gonna come a bit quicker. I still don’t have an update on my tracker.
Congrats!

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your tracker still shows as "In production"?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of people asking about their builds being "stuck" in the "in production" phase on the tracker.

The tracker just isn't be updated to reflect shipping status until long after the fact. In the vast majority of cases, your builds have been released to shipment and are on the way.

Your dealer will have a "pre arrival notice" that isn't connected to the public-facing tracker system in any way, so they can give you a better answer.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive heard so many people talking about how great of a design this roof is and how it’s hard to build. It looks like a direct rip off of the new Wranglers roof design. I sat in a 4XE on Thursday and everything is identical.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a yeti cooler and 2 pelican coolers. Just in case you are not aware … these high end coolers are tanks and very insulated. I wonder if the same technology could be use to build the bronco tops. Essentially they are molded in coolers and you can have whatever color you want as in you can have white.
Those coolers are roto molded...
I don't think that's the case with the MIC
Sponsored