Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody found an aftermarket Mfr that has a license plate bracket answer for capable bumper yet? I’ve tried searching the forums but nothing jumps out yet tho apologies if I missed it.
You may not know anything until the capable bumper ships with the first 2022 Broncos. I'm sure there will be more than one solution next year.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the mention!

I've forwarded this mention/request to our engineering team.

I'm confident they're one step ahead of the game and have already begun researching brackets to the 2022 capable front bumper.

I'll happily post more information when it becomes available.

Thank you as always for your continued support for Diode Dynamics!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

John, wanted to follow up on this post from November. I'm taking delivery of a Bronco in about a week or so with a capable bumper. I'm not the very first, but I am one of the first I know of on here with one who has expressed interest in either SWITCHING OUT the factory fog lights to a brighter amber (or a light that switches between both colors. Is that a thing?)

OR mounting some amber fogs in the space beside the factories and using an aux switch.

Can you tell me if ya'll have anything in the works? Happy to be a guinea pig too.

Deleted member 32220

I would love a selectable color, white or amber direct bolt in for the capable bumper that Just uses a 12 volt trigger from the upfitter switches to select amber.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
John, wanted to follow up on this post from November. I'm taking delivery of a Bronco in about a week or so with a capable bumper. I'm not the very first, but I am one of the first I know of on here with one who has expressed interest in either SWITCHING OUT the factory fog lights to a brighter amber (or a light that switches between both colors. Is that a thing?)

OR mounting some amber fogs in the space beside the factories and using an aux switch.

Can you tell me if ya'll have anything in the works? Happy to be a guinea pig too.
Unfortunately, we don't offer a Stage Series pod with a switchback main beam feature.

However, we did release our SS3 backlit for pre-orders that includes an amber backlight and white main beam.

We haven't had a 2022 Bronco in for testing at our facility to test, yet!

I'd recommend giving us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to provide more insight regarding fitment for the 2022 Bronco from customer feedback.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was just reading through this thread because I have 2022 BD on the way with capable. I don’t mind that it looks like plastic as long as it’s sturdy like metal. I use to have a JK and those bumpers were the worst - they would cave in if a shoppin carriage hit them. That the capable comes with d rings and fogs is a nice bonus. I agree with another comment, this bumper will be adequate for 90% of bronco owners.

I did want to pose a question though. Has anybody done any research between the d ring location on the mod verse capable? Following pictures explain my curiosity. Btw, I checked with jcrOffroad and they only stated the plate was for the mod. It indicated to me they haven’t got there hands on a capable yet. Maybe somebody who’s upgrading can offer one up for the R&D….

Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper 2C66B283-75AE-482A-BFC2-DFB82E7E417E
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper F029B642-7C93-4948-99CB-AB68E8597146
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper A6ABDB42-E58E-4260-8CA0-576A555D6C9D

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anybody know if you can get the capable bumper on the Wildtrak? It comes with the base and I upgraded to the Heavy Duty one, but the configurator didn't list the capable as an option.
Thanks, in advance.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford would allow "X, Y, Z delete" options so I got the safety beam reinforced plastic bumper for compliance purposes recycling bumper on my unbuilt Badlands, I would opt for that instead of either of these.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was just reading through this thread because I have 2022 BD on the way with capable. I don’t mind that it looks like plastic as long as it’s sturdy like metal. I use to have a JK and those bumpers were the worst - they would cave in if a shoppin carriage hit them. That the capable comes with d rings and fogs is a nice bonus. I agree with another comment, this bumper will be adequate for 90% of bronco owners.

I did want to pose a question though. Has anybody done any research between the d ring location on the mod verse capable? Following pictures explain my curiosity. Btw, I checked with jcrOffroad and they only stated the plate was for the mod. It indicated to me they haven’t got there hands on a capable yet. Maybe somebody who’s upgrading can offer one up for the R&D….

2C66B283-75AE-482A-BFC2-DFB82E7E417E.jpeg
F029B642-7C93-4948-99CB-AB68E8597146.jpeg
A6ABDB42-E58E-4260-8CA0-576A555D6C9D.jpeg
It certainly looks like the jcrOffroad winch plate would work on the capable bumper... any thoughts?
Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper 1643671515480

Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper 1643671531251

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It certainly looks like the jcrOffroad winch plate would work on the capable bumper... any thoughts?

Oh please oh please oh please do

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

New here... does the capable bumper come as default on Base MY2022 models, or we have to specifically add it as option?

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New here... does the capable bumper come as default on Base MY2022 models, or we have to specifically add it as option?
Only available on black diamond and Badlands.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a front license plate solution. I know there's a schackel accessory but was wondering if someone has something in the works like they have for the modular bumper with a plate attachment?

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone figured out a front license plate solution. I know there's a schackel accessory but was wondering if someone has something in the works like they have for the modular bumper with a plate attachment?
I will just use 2 45degree angle brackets to attach the license plate to the bumper. That's what the online $68 rip off accessory does.
Sponsored