MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fucking awesome.. Can I get a choice of wavy, shitty looking hefty bag or janky, homemade looking plastic top, and get the pleasure of waiting 15 months for said inferior product?
Sponsored

77wimbledon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's the Honeycomb Hideout Edition! Limited production and very valuable. The unsealed edges come standard. I'm not a automobile expert, but I imagine it's more cost effective to send these tops out and deal with problems later, rather than shut down production. Too bad the soft tops suck!

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rhino lining might be an interesting option. It has a texture to it much like the MIC does already. I wonder how much weight that would add to the roof?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hand buffed with Meguiar brand microfiber towels and another pass over with Meguiar water magnet towels for good measure
Seriously, if a simple detailing coating is going to destroy a hard top.... and who knows what else as time goes on, I don't want this POS , I'll flip over to a F250.

Point is, all these fellow forum members saying a coating caused this is absolutely unbelieveable .... and if it is the case, Ford definitely needs to be made aware because the fragile POS won't make it through a single Arizona summer or a midwest freeze thaw cycle ...coating or not.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As it should have been. Apparently not enough.
(LOL ;) )

Not sure what the deal is with these particular tops, but they have been making removable tops , made from composites for DECADES now AND THOSE TOPS ARE STILL IN SERVICE WITH NO ISSUES.

I'm thinking of full size Broncos, Blazers about 63 trillion Jeeps and almost as many truck caps.

So, it's not a "removable top issue" , it's obviously a manufacturing defect/engineering issue.
Right! Just find any given Jeep top that is passed the patent date and then cut it up to re-engineer the thing.

Not so difficult? 🤷

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if I’m modifying something I would never expect Ford to do anything about it, nor ask them to.

If it shows through after multiple sanding, high build primer base and clear? Guess what it goes right back for more until it’s perfect. Real hard concept to understand eh?
Nope , I understand perfectly, I mispent a huge portion of my youth in body shops and dealerships.

Just tried to cover your rear a little.
Sorry about the butthurt.
Fragile masculinity much?
Enjoy repainting your defective hard top multiple times!!! LOL 😂

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope , I understand perfectly, I mispent a huge portion of my youth in body shops and dealerships.

Just tried to cover your rear a little.
Sorry about the butthurt.
Fragile masculinity much?
Enjoy repainting your defective hard top multiple times!!! LOL 😂
I planned to paint it prior anyhow, like i said the first time, this (if it’s even a thing) would speed the timeline up.

I’ll be sure to tell my husband about my “fragile masculinity”, I’m sure it’ll get a laugh.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A year ago, the lease on my Explorer was coming due. I really wanted a Bronco but of course that kept getting pushed back. So I got an F-150. And you know what? Reading all these stories about the shit show rollout Ford has done with the Bronco, and dumb-ass problems like this one, I’m really glad I got the F-150. I wouldn’t go near one of these for the next couple of years. Seriously, eff Ford right now.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The first of many we'll see of these. It's becoming apparent that many tops were delivered that had their outer laminate layer cast too thin. Commodity intake procedures weren't abole to tell because they looked fine. This - along with other laminating issues - are what spurred the additional inspections that held so many units over the last 2 weeks.

FWIW my roof is still 100% fine, and I'm realizing just how lucky I havr been with this build.
You’ve known this all along?

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now the secrets out!
This is why the bees are disappearing!
Webasto has rounded them up as cheap labor to manufacture Bronco hard tops!

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern fAgrC9NNyCv5gC5mvS

Seriously, I hope they make this right for you. As others have said, a hard top is going to be exposed to all kinds of crap in the wild. Nothing short of an industrial cleaner should expose the internal structure like that.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now the secrets out!
Webasto has rounded them up as cheap labor to manufacture Bronco hard tops!

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626655494535

Seriously, I hope they make this right for you. As others have said, a hard top is going to be exposed to all kinds of crap in the wild. Nothing short of an industrial cleaner should expose the internal structure like that.
cage-nicolas.gif

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2-door MIC Bronco was built 7/15 & is just sitting in MAP lot. I'm thinking Ford should set up some CCTV cameras & monitor whether bees try to nest on it
Sponsored