North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When you think about it, this Instagram posting is incredibly good for the target audience. We are not the target audience. The typical John and Jane Q. Public sees the posting and walks into their closest Ford dealership. There they see a Bronco demo unit. They feel their timing is spot on since deliveries begin in late summer. No one, including the sales rep understand the journey we have been on or the challenges which lay ahead. They order a Bronco and chances are they will take delivery in late summer. ;)
And when they hear the delivery date they will walk right out.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you talking about? I wonder what you'd say if your Bronco order was stuck in production and Ford refuses to tell you why, or your dealer or anyone what is the problem, especially when their own pizza tracker says it will take a "few days". We are all coming from different perspectives..
One has nothing to do with the other. I get you’re pissed, but what would you like the Bronco marketing people to do about it? Their job is to sell new trucks, not deal with build communications. This is a mass message to everyone waiting for their Bronco. They’re trying to maintain the hype which is exactly what they’re supposed to do.

Instagram is not the platform for Ford to be broadcasting their screwups for all the world to see. That platform would be through the build tracker to the (relatively) small amount of customers affected, but clearly they don’t have the infrastructure or IT competence to accomplish that.

Reactions: abe

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are correct, that could happen. But chances are, the sales rep will not know the answer to the question of when do we get our Bronco. A big smile and a pat on the shoulder may have a calming effect. Look at us, we do not walk out and no one gave us a smile or a pat on the shoulder.
It was in the 1980s I bought a Chevy Citation which was a hot car at that time. Ended up waiting over 9 months.
People will buy and people will wait. We are classic examples of that theory. ;)

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what everyone's so upset about. The post is clearly a typo and meant to say "Late(r than) summer"

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are correct, that could happen. But chances are, the sales rep will not know the answer to the question of when do we get our Bronco. A big smile and a pat on the shoulder may have a calming effect. Look at us, we do not walk out and no one gave us a smile or a pat on the shoulder.
It was in the 1980s I bought a Chevy Citation which was a hot car at that time. Ended up waiting over 9 months.
People will buy and people will wait. We are classic examples of that theory. ;)
Lol, you may be the first person to say a Chevy Citation and hot car in the same sentence.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are NOT going to get any details.

Imagine you ran a company that is having trouble putting out a product .. would you tell the world why you are struggling?

If I was Ford I would keep my head down and keep grinding along. Stay the hell off of social media. Anything they say will not comfort anyone and will just push the public to ask more questions.

I actually am mad at @Ford Motor Company for this post. We want an email with more details, not a post to the masses, most who dont even have an order/reservation. Sheesh learn some PR101

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the Bronco in the post doesn't have a top?

1626803653147.png
I appreciate how they over-photoshopped the Rapid Red to make it a sweet rusty brown that everyone will get disappointed over with its non-existence

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FIFY
"And when they hear the estimated delivery year they will walk right out."

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't get me started on the X-Cars, I owned both the Chevy Citation and Buick Skylark, remember the factory rear brakes, before ABS, and all the lawsuits GM faced?

I was doing 70mph on the freeway, slow down ahead, hit the brakes, spun me 180 degrees into the concrete center divider. I've had a bad lower back ever since. This is why I do the deep dives into suspension and tire load ratings. đŸ€Ź đŸ€Ź đŸ€Ź

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are the Superdutys and Transits I ordered in October? Still no schedule date!
As a fleet manager for the company I feel your pain. I’m ordering all my 2022 stuff now hoping to get it by 2/1/2022.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can use the virus for insufficient parts to build SAS, tow, 2.7 vehicles, but that excuse can’t be used on the MIC and Mod tops. They had years to develop the roofs. There shouldn’t be a question of quality, only availability. Ford should react, and make a soft top for two doors, that have the hard top rigging installed, just like the four doors. Ford should react to model issues and allow options to be applied to models that currently restrict packages, interiors, etc. However, they opt to send out messages telling folks to be patient. I have said before, if there wasn’t a reservation list, then none of this would matter. We ALL should have realized this thing was going to be one giant SNAFU, when the reservation web site crashed on day one. I just can’t understand how the executives at Ford can allow this to continue, without coming up with substantial ways to benefit those of us who have been placed in the middle of all this.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late summer now? When did they start with LATE summer?
Now I have to go back and check my other correspondence.

LMAO!
This is how you soften the target for more bad news.
They’ve already been delivering them here in the early summer, don’t get too overworked.
Sponsored