Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another reason for Toyota to bring back the FJ and get it right this time. Get rid of that stupid, thick C-pillar, clean up the lines on the jump door and maybe add some height to the roof line.

0c80b552253d5e77334c01188a362ec4-0.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the 4Runner. I owned the first uni-body version one. But I laugh at the fact that they are trying to get into the Bronco conversation because they haven't been mentioned in any way as a competitor.
Nope, never mentioned...

Dec 6, 2020
Toyota is basing the 6th gen 2023 4Runner on an entirely new platform and will be available in the fall of 2022. The new platform, not a refresh, called the TNGA-F, will be shared by the Tundra, Tacoma, Sequoia and 4Runner. While it will not be a direct competitor to the Bronco it will be competition some will consider a viable option.
May 7, 2021
It's not a rumor at all, Toyota is basing the 6th gen 2023 4Runner on an entirely new platform called the TNGA-F, it will be shared by the Tundra, Tacoma, Sequoia and 4Runner, it will be available in the fall of 2022. While it will not be a direct competitor to the Bronco, for those that don't care about the removable roof, it will be a viable option for some to consider. Some may even look at the new 2022 Toyota Land Cruiser (links below).
And, almost 500 posts...

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But they aren’t the same thing?

While we’re at it Chevy should do a Bronco VS Equinox video, or maybe Seadoo can do a Bronco VS a Jetski comparison?

“The new 2021 General Electric toaster oven boasts 2 spacious racks for cooking bagel bites, while the new bronco has none”

That would make about as much sense as this dumb Toyota video!

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the 4Runner. I owned the first uni-body version one. But I laugh at the fact that they are trying to get into the Bronco conversation because they haven't been mentioned in any way as a competitor.
The 4Runner has never had a unibody. It’s still BOF just like every generation has been.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has owned 3 4Runners I feel the need to jump in. The 3rd Gen 4Runner (1996-2002) was small, capable, last forever and some would say the best looking. I sold my 1997 with 305k miles for $4,500 about a year ago. The 4th Gen (2003-2009) could be had with the Million mile 4.7L V8. Most people think the 4th Gen was the ugliest, but it was a huge improvement in ride quality from the the 3rd Gen, and did I mention the V8? The 5th Gen (2010 - Present) is slightly more than a new body style, but barely, and no more V8. The KDSS in the 5th Gen automatically uncouples the sway bars Front and Rear when off-roading (didn't watch the video so don't know if they mentioned that). Every 4Runner has a back window that retracts into the tailgate like the 80's/90's Bronco's. You can take a properly lifted 4Runner anywhere you can with a stock Jeep Rubicon. You can upgrade the Rubicon to go more places than a lifted 4Runner, but it will still break on you, so bring a buddy in a 4Runner as the tow vehicle. The modified and lifted 4Runner will still drive better on the road than a bone stock base Jeep.
Love my 4Runners but I'm STILL getting a Bronco because I want a shorter wheelbase and removable top and REFUSE to buy a Jeep.
8c6bufG.jpg

ys6JHWE.jpg

bFLc2Ov.jpg

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 4Runner has never had a unibody. It’s still BOF just like every generation has been.
Not the frame, when it went from the removable back to the solid body it has used ever since.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not the frame, when it went from the removable back to the solid body it has used ever since.
Gotcha, that’s not what unibody means in the automotive world though. Didn’t want someone getting confused.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4Runner is a great vehicle. Sometimes I see people on here griping about certain features Bronco does or does not have and all I can think is... They should go buy a 4Runner.

The video is interesting. They keep pointed out how many features are standard on 4Runner but optional on Bronco, but they neglect to mention base Bronco is $6000 cheaper and comes standard with 4x4, while the $36k base 4Runner is only 2wd.

But most important to me...

4Runner doesn't come in a 2-door.😘😘
They mentioned the most important to me, the manual transmission. The only reason I have a jeep and waiting for a bronco, over getting the 4runner

Sponsored

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Toyota USA's YouTube channel released their 4runner vs Bronco comparison video. I was surprised how thorough they were describing the Bronco but of course left out some key features and generally stuck to the base model bronco for comparison. Toyota is doing all they can to drag out their decade old platform. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see a new 4runner next year after the jolt Bronco put into the industry.

Oh yeah. 5 speed automatic, 4.0 L V6, body on frame, 4 doors. It's a 2010 Ford Explorer.

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4Runner still looks like it's crying to me with that front end design. Once I saw that, I could never unsee it. I'm just not a fan of the design, or the interior. It's just bad.

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Absolutely LOVE our 4Runner We still have a 2005 Limited which I bought new, now my son's.. 185K miles and never had a major issue with it. Stepped into a 2020 recently and very little has changed. Are they likely to last longer, have more features and be a better value? Probably :) But I'm still waiting on the Bronco.
Sponsored