First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked with my dealer this week. I changed my Badlands MIC to a soft top with included hardtop prep kit since the memo extending the order change deadline moved to July 23. I know I would not be happy with the quality (and noise) I've been learning about from people taking delivery of their new Bronco and posting reviews online.
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked with my dealer this week. I changed my Badlands MIC to a soft top with included hardtop prep kit since the memo extending the order change deadline moved to July 23. I know I would not be happy with the quality (and noise) I've been learning about from people taking delivery of their new Bronco and posting reviews online.

welp, your really gonna hate the news about the soft top if noise is your worry..... 🤷‍♂️

the Mod top might be a slight bit better....maybe

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
welp, your really gonna hate the news about the soft top if noise is your worry..... 🤷‍♂️

the Mod top might be a slight bit better....maybe
I watched this video a while ago and he mentioned it was a bit noisy with the soft top.

I also watched this one and they said the mic top makes clicking noises. Hard to pick a winner.

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just going to get my bronco wrapped in honey comb and tell everyone it’s an appearance package and that’s why it took over a year to get. Then the roof will fit Wright in until it falls apart.

420EBE35-F3CD-4C37-A0BC-D89427A07523.jpeg

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is If Ford came back and said “we can make these better but the buy in price will will be 1500” would you complain or just pay the extra money?
Yes, I would pay double the price if that is what it took to get it right. That split edge is begging for further separation and water intrusion problems.

How much of this is design or manufacturing and how much of it is attributed to slam and cram craftsmanship to get them out the door. That is the real question.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched this video a while ago and he mentioned it was a bit noisy with the soft top.

I also watched this one and they said the mic top makes clicking noises. Hard to pick a winner.

Not sure where I saw it but someone who had the clicking issue on the MIC figured out it was the latches on the panels and tightened the bolts down more to stop it...said they were loose

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who would pay over $50k and accept a top like those shown? At delivery is your time to find the issues and get them documented.
Several members on this forum🤣🤣

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
A51 doesn't have metallic. That's just filth on the paint. I've seen multiple Broncos in A51 in person.
It's just flake of the roof lol
These hard top problems should not be happening. The bronco in the 1980's had no top problems. Jeep is not having top problems.
Makes me want the modular top just wish is was not so long before it is available.
I think the part that everyone is forgetting is that we are still in the middle of a pandemic and that will major supply shortages etc. I do think ford needs to stop contracting things out and start doing things more in house. Too many hands and all that, curious how a wrap would work on these tops . Might be the way to go for now

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The honeycomb issue will really suck if it degrades and shows more over time. As for the raw edges in some areas, if Ford says 'too bad so sad' and we have to live with it on the top we receive, would a good commercial grade sealant do the trick in respect to fighting off moisture and the elements from deteriorating it from the inside?

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Picked up my Wildtrak on Tuesday. I did not win the hard top lottery and get a flawless top. My MICkey mouse top looks like most of the others with unfinished edges, gaps and fibers showing through. But mine did come with the rare “Primer Leak” option.
Ford Bronco Video: closeup looks at some MIC tops today at dealer 1627147733729

Ford Bronco Video: closeup looks at some MIC tops today at dealer 1627147915462

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's just flake of the roof lol

I think the part that everyone is forgetting is that we are still in the middle of a pandemic and that will major supply shortages etc. I do think ford needs to stop contracting things out and start doing things more in house. Too many hands and all that, curious how a wrap would work on these tops . Might be the way to go for now
NOT.😡

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw my first Bronco up close today and it had a similar finish. Thought the top looked generally good besides this.

16CED4AE-B990-4DA2-B904-8E84CBA6ED83.jpeg

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by a local dealer yesterday and they have a 2DR Badlands non SAS and it looked real nice but the top was off so I stopped by again today and the MIC top was on and it looked a lot better than I expected the only imperfection was a small 3" honeycomb spot in the rear center above the back window , if that is the only thing wrong with my top when it comes I wouldn't have a second thought about driving it home ( of course after making dealer aware and documenting the spot) , overall I did not see any of the jagged edges, scratch marks, bulges etc. it really looked great and if I did not read this forum I really think I wouldn't of noticed anything, so I am hopping for all of our sakes the quality is getting better as it usually does in any manufacturing process.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes you think that? If everything it's well documented during the dealer inspection, Ford will replace any imperfection.

I really don't understand where is the doubt about this. MIC top issues is well documented and I'm more than sure that Ford is going to take warranty action once the MIC quality is good to go.
In the fine print, it'll be only in the case of structural failure or something...
Kinda like rust warranty only covers perforation. Lol
Sponsored