Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No advice, Just wanna say that sucks. Sorry this happened. To attempt a positive, the first "ding" is out of the way.
Yep cherry has been broken LOL
Sponsored

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC the doors are aluminum so you shouldn't have to worry about rust. Aluminum does corrode but not at all like steel does.
Id bet a good body shop can get that fixed well enough and color matched/bleeded for a few hundred bucks.

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IIRC the doors are aluminum so you shouldn't have to worry about rust. Aluminum does corrode but not at all like steel does.
Id bet a good body shop can get that fixed well enough and color matched/bleeded for a few hundred bucks.
I hope so my biggest concern honestly is color matching the paint cuz of course it's a first edition and it's lightning blue I'd rather have the dent than mismatched paint

ABerrio

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It happens. Carrying a door I scratched the wifeā€™s JK door with my knife clipped on my front pocket. Also, every Jeep that has that dent in the side cowling from the mirror on the door, I laugh because I know what they didā€¦ because I did it.
You wonā€™t feel so bad when you notice other Broncos with the same dent. Besides if itā€™s common enough, they will make a plastic door corner cover. Or maybe consider starting a Club!

OP
OP
Tor148

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It happens. Carrying a door I scratched the wifeā€™s JK door with my knife clipped on my front pocket. Also, every Jeep that has that dent in the side cowling from the mirror on the door, I laugh because I know what they didā€¦ because I did it.
You wonā€™t feel so bad when you notice other Broncos with the same dent. Besides if itā€™s common enough, they will make a plastic door corner cover. Or maybe consider starting a Club!
What a great idea a foam Corner that slips on the door so in case it does drop it just bounces right there that would be awesome

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so my biggest concern honestly is color matching the paint cuz of course it's a first edition and it's lightning blue I'd rather have the dent than mismatched paint
Long as the paint codes are in the computer it should be fine but find good body shop where they can blend the paint to the body of the car.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your due diligence, check Google reviews, ask to see some of their work, go to a car show and ask around. Theres shops can fix anything and you'd never be the wiser. Theres shops thatll butcher a tail light replacement.
Good luck and thanks for the PSA!

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......
Thanks for sharing You probably just saved a bunch of people from doing the same thing ouch

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UGH! Sorry this happened to you. Many have said it already, find a good body shop and don't mess with it anymore. Personally, I wouldn't worry about blending it, it is such a small repair but my Bronco will be a weekend warrior so nicks and scrapes will be part of its charm.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 1627224947058

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent 1627224968327

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uuuuuggggggg! So sorry bud! I'm sure many of us have been there! I had a brand new 2004 F-150 with a spanky new top on it. I left the glass liftgate window up and then opened the garage.... Tempered glass goes BOOM! We do learn best the hard way! It does make me want to buy and fix a totaled bronco so that I don't care much about any scratches etc. I like a nice-looking vehicle, but I hate detailing them to keep them looking new! It's a futile effort.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, but honestly thank you for sharing, we all benefit from your experience.
If you use your off road vehicle- It will 'enjoy much experience' going forward.
Become friends with an honest shop and lighten your wallet when you feel it is a must fix....but could simply wait till there is more damage to that door.
Park in a any parking lot and the risk of damage is much greater.
Lower insurance deductible could be a strategy if perfect condition is preferred?
While we are living , we are privileged to both damage and repair our toys.
Now smile, move on and enjoy the ride brother!
Many of us can only look forward to make a few mistakes in our '23 Broncos!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clean up the jagged edges and hit it with some touch up paint. The point being that touch up paint is to protect the surface. Not to make things look like new.

Alternative is take it to a body shop, they might be able to get it 90% of the way back to brand new. Issue is that the bending, unbending and rebending degrades the strength of the metal. Could be difficult for them to really shape it, would imagine youā€™re looking at a good amount of bondo.

If Iā€™m you, Iā€™d hit it with touch up so the surface is sealed and call it a day. Maybe try and shape it a little more before the touch up if youā€™re comfortable doing that. IIRC both the skins and the door itself are aluminum so itā€™s not too much of a galvanic corrosion risk, esp after youā€™ve sealed the surfaces.

Theres at least one guy here who does paint and body. Believe itā€™s @broadicustomworks. Maybe heā€™ll chime in