Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am onboard with getting the extended warranty running up to when the factory warranty ends. That will be my game plan going forward.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m trying hard to keep it under 75,000 total, but I’d like to budget 25,000 a year in the Bronco.
Makes sense what plan you are looking at then. I'm gonna save money since I'll never come close to 25k/year and get the longest term i can and still stay under the mileage limit. Gonna go 8 year/100k.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought it, and it was $3300.00 premium 5 years 100000 miles. I canceled it was way to high I thought

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think I’ll be purchasing the extended warranty.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have bought many from Flood Ford and I recommend them

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ziegler Ford, Flood Ford, and Lombard Ford have big Ford ESP teams. They will get very dirty on pricing.
Too bad they don't deal with Floridians. Only thing I hate about Florida.

" We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer. "

BroncoGrish

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my Bronco on Thursday of last week and purchased the Ford extended warranty plan. Initially said no and they shaved off almost an additional $1k so felt the cost benefit checked out. Ended up with a 7 year, 100k warranty for the "premium plan" for about $2500

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends, I will sell my car before the 3 years warranty end anyway, make extended useless for me.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need opinion on buying the ford extended warranty and tire protection?
I have never purchased an extended warranty in over 30 years of car buying ,but I will for the Bronco and only a Ford warranty. First and foremost I have never purchased a first model year vehicle and based on the launch there could be other issues that arise during and after basic warranty expires. Secondly twin turbos who doesn't know someone that has issues with the turbo in their vehicle. Third water pump is built into the engine this is the scariest part of the whole vehicle if the water pump goes out your looking at having the engine pulled sounds like a $5,000 bill to me. Some where on the site I saw a posting with the various warranty options and for what we are paying for the Bronco price isn't to bad if you go with a higher deductible I was looking at the 500 deductible as an option.
I don't trust after market warranties I've see too many bad stories on them on the news and don't want to be one of those suckers because I tried to to save 800-1,000 compared to the OEM extended plans that allow you to take it to any ford dealer for repair. You get what you pay for.
I'm not an expert on this, but just some comments from someone who has never had an extended warranty.
I wouldn't spend a penny on tire protection I'm only covering things that are going to cost me thousands if something goes wrong.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought it, and it was $3300.00 premium 5 years 100000 miles. I canceled it was way to high I thought
Wow, yeah. Flood ford has that year/mileage combo with 0 deductible for about $1700.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may consider the Ford extended warranty. I had a third party extended warranty on my F-150 that I never used before it was written off but they did refund me the unused portion once I showed them the documentation from my insurance company.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the process of getting a Ford ESP through Lombard Ford for my F350, I'll be doing the same with the Bronco.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford service advisor here- the way I explain extended warranties to my customers is with a metaphor: Buying an extended warranty is like going to Vegas and playing the slots. If you play long enough you always end up losing, you can't overcome the house edge. That said, you never know when you're going to pull that handle and hit a jackpot. It's the same with warranties, the difference between what they take in vs what they pay out is what they call 'profit'. You might get lucky and get the odd jackpot, but if you play long enough the house always wins. That said, an extended warranty may still be a good thing for you- if what you need in your life is predictable finances, get the warranty and feel comfortable knowing that between a good warranty and good insurance you shouldn't have any large, unexpected expenses. On the other hand, if you have the resources to handle a large repair bill if necessary then in the long run you'll spend less money by paying for repairs as you need them.

Triplecare, Ford's paint, tire and windshield protection is worthless, pain in the ass junk.

Premiumcare Maintenance contracts are also junk, they force you into using inferior motorcraft parts (Brake pads, wipers), they control how the maintenance is performed (For instance, if your rotors are above minimum safe thickness they're getting resurfaced not replaced, period), and if you have a normal duty plan set up for a 7.5k interval they will underservice your vehicle.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

always buy the extended warranty. I've used it more times than I can count between my 2012 Mustang that I bought as a CPO vehicle when it was just 6 months old with a few thousand miles ( the rear end blew up, the dual mass flywheel had to be replaced, and it spun a rod bearing requiring a new engine), and my 2016 Mustang that I bought brand new - the engine (2.3 eco boost) blew up at 61k miles.. the extended warranty is well worth it
Was the 2012 a GT?
I bought a 2012 (used at a Honda dealer) with just a hair over 36k miles on it.

I just replaced tie rods about 3 weeks ago (my most expensive repair at about $150 for parts). It's a V6 with now over 223k miles on it. It's run like a champ since I bought it.

Edit: I will say though all this talk about turbos has me considering an extended warranty. I run my vehicles past 200k miles.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford service advisor here- the way I explain extended warranties to my customers is with a metaphor: Buying an extended warranty is like going to Vegas and playing the slots. If you play long enough you always end up losing, you can't overcome the house edge. That said, you never know when you're going to pull that handle and hit a jackpot. It's the same with warranties, the difference between what they take in vs what they pay out is what they call 'profit'. You might get lucky and get the odd jackpot, but if you play long enough the house always wins. That said, an extended warranty may still be a good thing for you- if what you need in your life is predictable finances, get the warranty and feel comfortable knowing that between a good warranty and good insurance you shouldn't have any large, unexpected expenses. On the other hand, if you have the resources to handle a large repair bill if necessary then in the long run you'll spend less money by paying for repairs as you need them.

Triplecare, Ford's paint, tire and windshield protection is worthless, pain in the ass junk.

Premiumcare Maintenance contracts are also junk, they force you into using inferior motorcraft parts (Brake pads, wipers), they control how the maintenance is performed (For instance, if your rotors are above minimum safe thickness they're getting resurfaced not replaced, period), and if you have a normal duty plan set up for a 7.5k interval they will underservice your vehicle.
So do you actually sell any of these? Your'e too damn honest!
Sponsored