Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I probably will. The last time I bought a new first year Ford it didn't go so well for me (2012 Focus). So yeah I will probably get one
Sponsored

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Extended warranty? I don't even expect to keep the factory warranty intact for very long.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can always buy it towards the end of your factory warranty if you have had a troublesome vehicle.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I had a Chevy, Dodge or Jeep I would for sure, but not sure about this Bronco.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can always buy it towards the end of your factory warranty if you have had a troublesome vehicle.
I had the 8 year Ford Protect plan that I bought on my 09 F150 @ the end of its factory. It paid for itself multiple times over. For some reason I'm thinking it was like $2000ish. Will purchase again for Bronco.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the 8 year Ford Protect plan that I bought on my 09 F150 @ the end of its factory. It paid for itself multiple times over. For some reason I'm thinking it was like $2000ish. Will purchase again for Bronco.
I had the 7 year 75k miles one on my old f-150. I never used it, then I needed it at just after year 7, and got denied my claim.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only issue with with that suggestion is extended warranty prices are often based on the current mileage of the vehicle, which means you'll pay more for the warranty if you wait. If someone is considering an extended warranty, it would probably be best to have their mind made up by the time they go and pick up the vehicle so they don't pay as much in the long run.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just bought one on my 2019 Ranger. 8 years 125k miles for about $1800 from flood ford. I was at 11k miles and about a week before the year anniversary of purchase. My understanding was if I got over 12k miles or the year mark it would go up by about $100.

Hurt me to pay that much but I keep my cars on average for 8 years. For me it was a piece of mind thing. Frankly, I hope I’m wrong and never need to use it.

I plan to buy the same warranty for the bronco.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do not have to purchase the Ford ESP from the dealer selling you the car, while under pressure in the finance office to make a quick decision. You can purchase it from any Ford dealer. If you do a simple search, you will find many authorized Ford dealers selling Ford ESPs. The savings are about 40% to 50% off the retail price. The other option is to get a quote, and ask the dealer selling you the Bronco to match that price. Most of the time, they will say yes.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just bought one on my 2019 Ranger. 8 years 125k miles for about $1800 from flood ford. I was at 11k miles and about a week before the year anniversary of purchase. My understanding was if I got over 12k miles or the year mark it would go up by about $100.

Hurt me to pay that much but I keep my cars on average for 8 years. For me it was a piece of mind thing. Frankly, I hope I’m wrong and never need to use it.

I plan to buy the same warranty for the bronco.
Did you buy your vehicle from Flood? I remember seeing I believe Granger Ford recommending googling the ford plan and Flood was one of the first ones to come up I believe. How was the process?

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The transmission on my fusion crapped out at 70k miles. If I had the extended warranty, it would have cost around $100 to fix. Ended up costing $5k (I think blue book on the fusion was around $8k at the time). the AC went out twice too. That was $600 each time. I started buying extended warranties after that vehicle. Like was previously mentioned, you can negotiate the warranty price. Paying ~$1000 for the extended warranty seems worth it to me.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you buy your vehicle from Flood? I remember seeing I believe Granger Ford recommending googling the ford plan and Flood was one of the first ones to come up I believe. How was the process?
Nope, I bought the truck from a local dealer in Atlanta. They wanted to charge me something crazy at time of vehicle purchase and after.

I just filled out an online application with my vin etc and a day later they emailed me confirming it was setup. It showed up in my FordPass app reflecting the extended warranty that day. Never even had to talk to anyone.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You do not have to purchase the Ford ESP from the dealer selling you the car, while under pressure in the finance office to make a quick decision. You can purchase it from any Ford dealer. If you do a simple search, you will find many authorized Ford dealers selling Ford ESPs. The savings are about 40% to 50% off the retail price. The other option is to get a quote, and ask the dealer selling you the Bronco to match that price. Most of the time, they will say yes.
I came here to say this. I have done similar shopping with a GM extended warranty and saved a TON.

Does anybody know who the good dealerships are for discounted Ford Warranties? It might be helpful to post about it here as a central resource.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know who the good dealerships are for discounted Ford Warranties? It might be helpful to post about it here as a central resource.
I plan on getting one. I bought a '16 Focus RS, so since it was the first year production, it was a CYA investment. I normally don't keep cars for too long to really benefit from it, but it was peace of mind, at the very least.

And if you sell your car, you can cancel the extended warranty and you will receive a pro-rated refund. So I don't see too many downsides to getting one.

I got mine from https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
Sponsored