Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning towards a lease. If I do lease, absolutely not. If I buy one I'll probably considering one quite a bit before making a decision.

I've never owned a vehicle for more than 5 years before trading it in or selling on my own so I don't know if there would be enough value in it for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExJPR

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess another odd question: With the Ford AXZ plans, they supposedly show dealer cost on the invoice to you (do I have this right)? if so, do they show you ALL dealer costs such as warranties?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I would likely void it by modification or off road use, probably not worth it.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
60k miles... did Ford upgrade their standard warranty? I've always seen 3 yrs. / 36k miles.. I'm getting ripped off!
3/36k - bumper to bumper
5/60k - drivetrain
5/60k - safety/restraint
5/unlimited - corrosion
5/100k - diesel engine

Emissions systems have an entirely separate (federally mandated) set of rules.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No for me. Never have gotten it. I modify my vehicles too extensively and don't keep them long enough for it to matter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ExJPR

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No for me. Never have gotten it. I modify my vehicles too extensively and don't keep them long enough for it to matter.
Same w/ me on the mods but past the ability to build and play much anymore.

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too many electronics on these new vehicles not to have a warranty. You just need to know how not to get ripped off on the cost of one Lol

But I agree if you are modifying it extensively don't bother getting it.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure about other manufacturers, but FCA warranties are definitely negotiable. I got my lifetime, bumper to bumper warranty for a few hundred as opposed to their asking price of a few thousand. I figured the price of the warranty would more than make up for a single failure of the display which controlled EVERYTHING. This being an FCA product, I assumed that when (not if) things fail, the extended warranty would pay for itself. Saved my bacon when the display unit (twice) and headlight switch went bad on my 2014 Ram 1500. I just had to pay the $100 deductible.

First time I've purchased an extended warranty. I didn't get one for my 2001 Accord and never needed it, fortunately. I tend to keep my vehicles until they die or I have a need to replace them. The Accord will be replaced in the next year or to with a Sienna minivan to accommodate the budding family.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an extended bumper to bumper warranty on my Silverado. I will never again pay extra for something that should be included.

1. if I’m buying a $50,000 vehicle you are going to warranty it for 5 years

2. They didn’t hold up on the warranty, carpet was coming up after 3 years and Chevy wouldn’t honor it.

3. told me it was 100,000 miles but it was really more like 85,000

moral of the story don’t buy a new truck at 21 or you will get played like a fiddle

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep, with the G.O.A.T thing and rumored big ass factory tires, I gotta get a warranty. I dont want to get one though, didnt even have one on my wifes old BMW.

The 08 Yukons rear airbags, went out, should have extended that, never fixed it, still got 12k trade in with 125k miles, who fleeced who there?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ExJPR

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's say we buy new vehicle and do not get deal we want on warranty - Since it can still be purchased after the sale, I see no reason not to stand up and walk out if they do not come down to your number. Then shop around like one of the articles states. Maybe phone calls at the end of each month when their bonus numbers are coming due. (You don't have to buy the warranty the same day you buy the car. You can sleep on the idea and decide later. But if you're financing your vehicle purchase, buying the warranty the same day should allow you to add the warranty costs into your loan.) https://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty/understanding-extended-warranties.html

HazBeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincolnville
I keep my vehicles beyond 100k miles, so I buy Ford Protect to offset tech and major drivetrain risks.

A web search will yield several Ford dealers that offer online purchase of discounted Ford Protect policies.

If you wish, take the online cost to your dealer to see if they'll price match. Some are able if they sell enough Ford Protect policies, others will not.

I've had no problem using my online-purchased Ford Protect coverage, which has included the dealer paying for my Uber ride to an offsite rental agency to receive a covered loaner.

If you trade out of the vehicle early, it is possible to receive a pro-rated refund for the remaining term, or, leave it intact for the next owner to transfer into as a deal sweetener.
Sponsored

Last edited: