First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the new color releases I’ve seen more people discussing a bit more unique color options for their bronco and it seems wraps are a great option.

I’ve never wrapped a car before… anyone have experience they’d like to share?

I’m learning a lot from this forum about customization options. It seems black is a great option to pick if you intend to wrap. Is white also a viable option if you’re considering a light color?

what color are you considering wrapping your bronco?!
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the new color releases I’ve seen more people discussing a bit more unique color options for their bronco and it seems wraps are a great option.

I’m learning a lot from this forum about customization options. It seems black is a great option to pick if you intend to wrap. Is white also a viable option if you’re considering a light color?

One of the primary reasons i chose Carb Grey. Also to keep in mind, the roll bars are pretty hard (or extra) pieces to wrap. And if you have a 2dr, you might wanna consider wrapping the interior color showing through the doors too.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a great option, also protects your paint and you can remove it pretty easily if you don't like it anymore. You can get just about any color including gold/silver/copper/metallic anything or of course any photo/design/logo in a wrap. Not cheap though, more than what I'd spend, but if it were cheaper I'd definitely consider it. And if they told me today I can't have mine in CO because they ran out, only black/white/grey is available I'd either run or would have to go the wrap way, I want a fun color for this rig.

I've seen some spectacular wraps, including those that change color from where ever you look at them and there's a "gold plated" mustang here in town. Not something I'd drive around, but it looks great.

Just google local vinyl wrap shops, if the can't yet quote a Bronco wrap (not sure if the cut patterns are available yet) they can tell you what a Wrangler wrap would cost, which should be relatively comparable. And make sure to share photos if you do wrap!

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

White is the hardest color to wrap. It takes an incredible amount of work to hide the white paint. Black is the best for wrapping. The problem with a light color is you’ll see the color everywhere. Even the gap between the glass in the windshield and painted metal frame around it. If your Bronco is white and you wrapped it in, say green, there will be a sliver of white in that gap around the windshield that you can’t get rid of. It’ll look bad horrible. By starting with black paint, you’ll never see the black. Black plays a trick on your eyes and it disappears. If you absolutely don’t want a black car and are dead set of a particular color and then later on decide to wrap it, just keep it in mind you’ll see the paint color in different places. One way to try and hide that is pick a vinyl color that’s in the same color family as your paint. So if you have white paint, go with satin white, or metallic white or a really light grey, etc. But starting with a light color like white is hard to hide and will usually cost more to wrap because of the amount. of time the installer has to take to try and hide what they can. And even then, they’ll never get rid of it.

Not to mention the roll bar. Order a blue Bronco and wrap it green, the roll bar will still be blue. Yes, the roll bar can be wrapped. But that’s just a lot more work, time and money.

I’m a certified graphcis installer for a living. I hold certifications from Avery, 3M and Arlon. And I’ll say that our own Bronco will absolutely be wrapped. (The vinyl got here today actually)…we ordered a black one.

Hope this helps. Any questions, just ask.

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
White is the hardest color to wrap. It takes an incredible amount of work to hide the white paint. Black is the best for wrapping. The problem with a light color is you’ll see the color everywhere. Even the gap between the glass in the windshield and painted metal frame around it. If your Bronco is white and you wrapped it in, say green, there will be a sliver of white in that gap around the windshield that you can’t get rid of. It’ll look bad horrible. By starting with black paint, you’ll never see the black. Black plays a trick on your eyes and it disappears. If you absolutely don’t want a black car and are dead set of a particular color and then later on decide to wrap it, just keep it in mind you’ll see the paint color in different places. One way to try and hide that is pick a vinyl color that’s in the same color family as your paint. So if you have white paint, go with satin white, or metallic white or a really light grey, etc. But starting with a light color like white is hard to hide and will usually cost more to wrap because of the amount. of time the installer has to take to try and hide what they can. And even then, they’ll never get rid of it.

Not to mention the roll bar. Order a blue Bronco and wrap it green, the roll bar will still be blue. Yes, the roll bar can be wrapped. But that’s just a lot more work, time and money.

I’m a certified graphcis installer for a living. I hold certifications from Avery, 3M and Arlon. And I’ll say that our own Bronco will absolutely be wrapped. (The vinyl got here today actually)…we ordered a black one.

Hope this helps. Any questions, just ask.
thank you for this info!! I feel like my dreams have quickly been humbled since I have Oxford white as my current color 🤦‍♀️
I guess I have to consider how badly I want my own color because it sounds like if I’m spending the money to wrap it I should give it the best chance and switch to black

Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thank you for this info!! I feel like my dreams have quickly been humbled since I have Oxford white as my current color 🤦‍♀️
I guess I have to consider how badly I want my own color because it sounds like if I’m spending the money to wrap it I should give it the best chance and switch to black
Oxford White is good looking.
There’s many colors to choose from, vinyl wise, that are in that same super light/bright color range. Plus toss in finishes. Gloss, Matte, Satin, Metallic, Glitter. And you have lots of options. Though you’ll regret matte white within hours of picking it up from the wrap shop. Matte white gets dirty super quick and it stains. If you’re dead set on wrapping and don’t love one particular color. Black is the best to wrap. You can always make it any color you want m, as often as you want, and it’ll look awesome. You literally have hundred of colors and finishes to choose from. Change every year if you want. Possibilities are endless. You’re not limited like you are with white paint.

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So it’s why I always buy my cars black.
Ford Bronco Color Wraps E1E00EE4-DFF5-40D8-AC37-A41E585C18A4

Last edited:

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s many colors to choose from, vinyl wise, that are in that same super light/bright color range. Plus toss in finishes. Gloss, Matte, Satin, Metallic, Glitter. And you have lots of options. Though you’ll regret matte white within hours of picking it up from the wrap shop. Matte white gets dirty super quick and it stains. If you’re dead set on wrapping and don’t love one particular color. Black is the best to wrap. You can always make it any color you want m, as often as you want, and it’ll look awesome. You literally have hundred of colors and finishes to choose from. Change every year if you want. Possibilities are endless. You’re not limited like you are with white paint.

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So I buy my cars black.
That's going to look amazing, just like how all of us Cactus Grey folks want it to look after those first teaser images

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LikeToTurnLeft
Mr. Left,

Thanks for your expert advice. What about washing the Bronco? Is Mister Car Wash a no no? A friend of mine does wraps for high end vehicles and says they Should be hand washed.

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So I buy my cars black.
Wow that color is stunning!! I’m not sure how you’ll get out of a parking lot with that color on a bronco… everyone is going to want a picture lol
I was thinking a pastel color also so that’s very good to know. If I decide to wrap I’ll switch to black.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LikeToTurnLeft
Mr. Left,

Thanks for your expert advice. What about washing the Bronco? Is Mister Car Wash a no no? A friend of mine does wraps for high end vehicles and says they Should be hand washed.
Mr Left? Hahaha Never heard that before. My name is Matt.
Yes. Hand wash only. Synthetic spray wax. Think of wax as sunscreen. Keeps all the contaminates off the vinyl.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that color is stunning!! I’m not sure how you’ll get out of a parking lot with that color on a bronco… everyone is going to want a picture lol
I was thinking a pastel color also so that’s very good to know. If I decide to wrap I’ll switch to black.
Even if you don’t wrap all the time. Order black and wrap it gloss white. You get you’re white Bronco. The paint will be protected and look new when you take wrap off. Upping your value. And have a quick easy and cheap way to repair scratched panels if you take it off-road. And if you decide one day you want to drive a Pearl Tourquise or Matte Military Greem Bronco, you’re all set because paint is black. .02¢

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Matt!
Mr Left? Hahaha Never hears thay before. My name is Matt.
Yes. Hand wash only. Synthetic spray wax. Think of wax as sunscreen. Keeps all the contaminates off the vinyl.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford refuses to keep Rapid Red and AMB for MY22 (At least let us get it if we're Job#1) Then I'll get Hot Garbage Red and Wrap it Matte Purple

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford refuses to keep Rapid Red and AMB for MY22 (At least let us get it if we're Job#1) Then I'll get Hot Garbage Red and Wrap it Matte Purple
Avery has a Matte Purple Metallic. It’s awesome looking.

True story. I wrapped a Fisher Karma years ago in that color. I got the vinyl out of the box and thought it was the most ghetto color I’d ever seen. But as soon as we got it on the hood, with all the body lines reflecting light in different directions, it was gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful color…on the right car. A Bronco will look super weird in to. Its too flat. Not enough body lines to break it up.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Avery has a Matte Purple Metallic. It’s awesome looking.

True story. I wrapped a Fisher Karma years ago in that color. I got the vinyl out of the box and thought it was the most ghetto color I’d ever seen. But as soon as we got it on the hood, with all the body lines reflecting light in different directions, it was gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful color…on the right car. A Bronco will look super weird in to. Its too flat. Not enough body lines to break it up.
If I could get something similar to this that's all I'd care about lol
Ford Bronco Color Wraps FB_IMG_1629664274699
Sponsored