First Name
Bill Bonnefil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering about incomplete wraps. I doubt that a wrapper is going to do inside of the door wells? (maybe I am wrong?) So I'm asking this group what you think about wrapping an Area 51 in something that looks like Carbonized grey...cool/ Not Cool? Here is a rough mock-up... Might be fun with blue accents inside...maybe get some seat covers to match? Open to feedback.
Ford Bronco Color Wraps CG wra
Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering about incomplete wraps. I doubt that a wrapper is going to do inside of the door wells? (maybe I am wrong?) So I'm asking this group what you think about wrapping an Area 51 in something that looks like Carbonized grey...cool/ Not Cool? Here is a rough mock-up... Might be fun with blue accents inside...maybe get some seat covers to match? Open to feedback.
CG wrap.jpg
This is exactly why I say black paint is the best color to start with. You won’t notice the massive contrast between your paint color and the wrap. I do plan on wrapping my jams anyway, because I can. 🤪 And with the doors off, it’ll be a whole lot easier.

IMO This doesn’t look good. Maybe it’s just me and because it’s my job. Is there a way to tie it in together? Sure. Maybe do some sort of stripe over the grey wrap in the color of the paint. (Racing stripes, heritage stripes, etc). By having something to tie together, it’ll look great and not be as noticeable. As it sits in the rendering (which is super cool BTW) it looks unfinished. .02¢

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oxford White is good looking.
There’s many colors to choose from, vinyl wise, that are in that same super light/bright color range. Plus toss in finishes. Gloss, Matte, Satin, Metallic, Glitter. And you have lots of options. Though you’ll regret matte white within hours of picking it up from the wrap shop. Matte white gets dirty super quick and it stains. If you’re dead set on wrapping and don’t love one particular color. Black is the best to wrap. You can always make it any color you want m, as often as you want, and it’ll look awesome. You literally have hundred of colors and finishes to choose from. Change every year if you want. Possibilities are endless. You’re not limited like you are with white paint.

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So it’s why I always buy my cars black.
Ford Bronco Color Wraps CG wra
Oh man I love that color. I am sure you don’t pay retail but for us mear mortals what is the retails materials cost for a wrap like that? Also what brand do you prefer? Thanks

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man I love that color. I am sure you don’t pay retail but for us mear mortals what is the retails materials cost for a wrap like that? Also what brand do you prefer? Thanks
I pay the same as you guys. Roll is $560-$580 or something close to that. It’s all about the same price regardless of where we get it. (I paid $565 for my roll of Avery Gloss Light Pistachio through my dealer, for example ) Check out MetroRestyling.com They sell color change material to anyone with free shipping.

The money in a wrap is in the mark-up of the vinyl and the labor to install it. Resell the vinyl for $1500-$2000 and then charge $1000-$1500 to install it. That’s where you get $3500-$4000 price when they quote you. So buy the roll yourself and find an installer. Save a couple grand.

I prefer Avery. They make a far superior product then 3M. In the color change wrap world, Avery is on top. They sell something like 2:1 over 3M. But, these 2 brands are the only 2 I’d put on my own car. Some of the new stuff out there is coming out of China, like Inztech, no way out that on my car. I’ve seen the horror stories and pictures from removals. And they haven’t been around long enough to really be put through their paces.

Reactions: MJJ

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pay the same as you guys. Roll is $560-$580 or something close to that. It’s all about the same price regardless of where we get it. (I paid $565 for my roll of Avery Gloss Light Pistachio through my dealer, for example ) Check out MetroRestyling.com They sell color change material to anyone with free shipping.

The money in a wrap is in the mark-up of the vinyl and the labor to install it. Resell the vinyl for $1500-$2000 and then charge $1000-$1500 to install it. That’s where you get $3500-$4000 price when they quote you. So buy the roll yourself and find an installer. Save a couple grand.

I prefer Avery. They make a far superior product then 3M. In the color change wrap world, Avery is on top. They sell something like 2:1 over 3M. But, these 2 brands are the only 2 I’d put on my own car. Some of the new stuff out there is coming out of China, like Inztech, no way out that on my car. I’ve seen the horror stories and pictures from removals. And they haven’t been around long enough to really be put through their paces.
Thank for all the great info and taking the time to answer everyone’s questions.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had good luck with Avery several years ago. Had no idea they were a better seller than 3M. Cool to know. What do you think of the new 3M 2080 series? You have to remove an outer film now after install. Just seems like more work. :LOL:

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had good luck with Avery several years ago. Had no idea they were a better seller than 3M. Cool to know. What do you think of the new 3M 2080 series? You have to remove an outer film now after install. Just seems like more work. :LOL:
3M did a nice job with 2080. My biggest complaint with 3M has always been how aggressive it is. They tweaked things with 2080 and it actually carried over to their print wrap films as well. All their films hove been a lot nicer to install since the change.

As for the liner. Not a fan. But I get why 3M did it. Especially on gloss black. Squeegees leave marks. Yes, the marks go away. But it definitely looks weird to return a freshly wrapped car to a customer and there’s squeegee marks all over it. Me personally, I leave the film on while doing flat panels. But take it off to corners and/or anywhere that requires the vinyl to be tweaked.

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am interested to wrap my fender flares to body-color (White). Where can I get the 3M and how difficult is it to wrap?

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am interested to wrap my fender flares to body-color (White). Where can I get the 3M and how difficult is it to wrap?
https://metrorestyling.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNHYvtSy9QIVAczICh3sLwlvEAAYASAAEgJGr_D_BwE
Here was the website recommended to us on this thread.
As far as how difficult it is to wrap… I’m not experienced but I guess it really depends on your talent and the outcome you’re looking for. The likeliness of a flawless execution on your first try is likely slim but if you’re ok with imperfections I’d say why not try? Personally, I’d find a pro for the application but that’s just my two cents

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can also buy 3M 2080 wrap from Amazon, that is where I bought mine:
https://amzn.to/3IuUCiP
In the description is says 1080 but it ships as 2080

Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’ll be a pain in the ass to wrap. Because the film won’t stick to the textures black plastic fenders. They need to be painted first. Which means if you’re going to have them painted, might as well have them painted the body color.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Who makes a color closest to Audi’s Nardo Grey? I’m hearing Inozetek has the clot almost dead on but Avery has better wrap material? I took a look at Avery and it does seem Inozetek does have them beat as far as color match.

I would want to wrap my bronco gloss Nardo Grey with the roll bar wrapped matte black.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who makes a color closest to Audi’s Nardo Grey? I’m hearing Inozetek has the clot almost dead on but Avery has better wrap material? I took a look at Avery and it does seem Inozetek does have them beat as far as color match.

I would want to wrap my bronco gloss Nardo Grey with the roll bar wrapped matte black.
I’ve never installed Inozetek, so can’t comment on it. I’ve heard it’s aggressive to install. Which, as an installer, is never fun. Me personally. I’d never put anything but Avery or 3M on my own vehicles. That’s just me. I have relationships with the local reps and have been using their materials for years. If something is wrong with it, I know who to ask and can trust them. I just don’t know enough about Inozetch to comment about their customer service. I’ve heard horror stories of the stuff being removed. But also heard, I think, that they’ve addressed the issues. If you do go that route. Use a reputable shop to install it.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve never installed Inozetek, so can’t comment on it. I’ve heard it’s aggressive to install. Which, as an installer, is never fun. Me personally. I’d never put anything but Avery or 3M on my own vehicles. That’s just me. I have relationships with the local reps and have been using their materials for years. If something is wrong with it, I know who to ask and can trust them. I just don’t know enough about Inozetch to comment about their customer service. I’ve heard horror stories of the stuff being removed. But also heard, I think, that they’ve addressed the issues. If you do go that route. Use a reputable shop to install it.
That's good to hear if they have addressed issues but I'm more interested in who has the closest color match to Nardo Grey.
Sponsored