Sponsored

Had a VIN with MIC since April. Any way to switch to a soft top?

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NICE MAN!!!! Now maybe we can get these things built and start enjoying them. Let me know if you get a build date. They are going to do some more scheduling this thursday.
He actually said he was surprised that it let him modify the order. Hopefully I get a build date this week.
Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea everyone I asked said it wouldn't work but here we are :D

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea everyone I asked said it wouldn't work but here we are :D
Question:

My last build date notification email said 8/30. Contacted my dealer after the MIC announcement and he said it showed 9/27 in the system. Since then, obviously updated to soft top. When you updated yours did you get another email or did you have to manually look up your order?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question:

My last build date notification email said 8/30. Contacted my dealer after the MIC announcement and he said it showed 9/27 in the system. Since then, obviously updated to soft top. When you updated yours did you get another email or did you have to manually look up your order?
Mine was the same way. I had to look it up and it showed me the new build week and then now I have a build date as well.

To clarify: I have not gotten another email from Ford with updated dates. I'm looking directly in the order system for my dates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was the same way. I had to look it up and it showed me the new build week and then now I have a build date as well.

To clarify: I have not gotten another email from Ford with updated dates. I'm looking directly in the order system for my dates.
Figured that was the case!

thanks for the info. I just reached out to my dealer to have him check out my order in the system. Hopefully good news.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

One more question for you:

what day of the week do they start to “preview” builds that will be scheduled on Thursday ?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more question for you:

what day of the week do they start to “preview” builds that will be scheduled on Thursday ?
Typically they preview on Wed. We had 1 order preview for my store yesterday and today it got a production week of 9/6 scheduled.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
W
Typically they preview on Wed. We had 1 order preview for my store yesterday and today it got a production week of 9/6 scheduled.
Would an order that already has a build date be previewed? Or would the rescheduling of the build date mostly be transparent to the dealer unless they manually looked it up?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

W

Would an order that already has a build date be previewed? Or would the rescheduling of the build date mostly be transparent to the dealer unless they manually looked it up?
Mine did not preview. So I changed my order last Thursday. Then on Friday when I looked in the order bank (its a daily thing for me and my crazy self) it had updated my build week from 9/20 to 8/30. Then i believe on Monday it also scheduled a build date of 8/30 as well.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine did not preview. So I changed my order last Thursday. Then on Friday when I looked in the order bank (its a daily thing for me and my crazy self) it had updated my build week from 9/20 to 8/30. Then i believe on Monday it also scheduled a build date of 8/30 as well.
Any tips for checking order status daily without irritating my sales manager? Haha.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any tips for checking order status daily without irritating my sales manager? Haha.
Not really. For just gotta look in WBDO. For instance my build day changed from 8/30 to 9/3 today. I wouldn't know that unless I looked.

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not really. For just gotta look in WBDO. For instance my build day changed from 8/30 to 9/3 today. I wouldn't know that unless I looked.
Did you see the communication today that serialized builds can no longer be changed? Maybe we caused that….

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see the communication today that serialized builds can no longer be changed? Maybe we caused that….
Yea I saw that. Immediately though of this thread lol.

I got build date 9/2 now. So if it worked it should update to sent to plant in the next day or two.

EDIT: also now says "Not Amendable" on all our orders that have VIN's

OP
OP
Science4Lyfe

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea I saw that. Immediately though of this thread lol.

I got build date 9/2 now. So if it worked it should update to sent to plant in the next day or two.

EDIT: also now says "Not Amendable" on all our orders that have VIN's
Interesting.

My dealer got back to me and told me the build week showing is 9/20. I guess thats a good sign seeing as how it was 9/27 when I had a hardtop.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE - My order was "sent to plant" today. Should have my window sticker and invoice available tomorrow ish.

Edit - Window sticker/invoice in the system today. I think this might actually happen.
Sponsored

Last edited: