Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Xpel is the best out there. I would NOT attempt the install yourself. You will absolutely regret it. PPF is expensive. It’ll end up in the trash can and you’ll have wasted your money. I’ve been wrapping cars for allot 20 years and I wouldn’t attempt a full hood of PPF. I don’t even have the correct tools for it. Take it to a pro. It’ll be cheaper in the long run. Look better. And cost you less.
Thanks!
Yes, they are way expensive, saw that on their website, I would not try that even if it were easy, not at that price, yikes! I might just get the front of the hood done, not sure now, not ready to spend that much coin after just spending more than ever on a car. Front of hood and fender kit is about $350 in material, I'll see what an install would cost. Full hood and fender is already over $1k in material cost only! That's some expensive plastic film. Got other things to buy, basic recovery gear, a good set of wash/wax/protect products, some new camping gear. Maybe I'll go back to worrying about nicks and dings like I did with all my other cars, not at all. Fix it when it happens. It's not a Lamborghini or Koenigsegg after all. It's a truck for the wild.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a quote from a local guy near me (Southern NJ) to do a broad stripe (like below) on the Bronco for about $800. Haven't decided on whether I will do it, and whether it will be a green or maybe copper, but I like that I can provide protection, get a 'retro' look, and change colors reasonably inexpensively. And yes, I know that because I am doing big flat removable surfaces, I can probably do this myself (or at least at some point), but I do not want to start that way. Let the pro do it.

1629997098803.png
this green is a great color! It really fits the style of the bronco. I hadn't thought about only partially wrapping but this is very cool. I am loving seeing everyone's ideas

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oxford White is good looking.
There’s many colors to choose from, vinyl wise, that are in that same super light/bright color range. Plus toss in finishes. Gloss, Matte, Satin, Metallic, Glitter. And you have lots of options. Though you’ll regret matte white within hours of picking it up from the wrap shop. Matte white gets dirty super quick and it stains. If you’re dead set on wrapping and don’t love one particular color. Black is the best to wrap. You can always make it any color you want m, as often as you want, and it’ll look awesome. You literally have hundred of colors and finishes to choose from. Change every year if you want. Possibilities are endless. You’re not limited like you are with white paint.

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So I buy my cars black.
E1E00EE4-DFF5-40D8-AC37-A41E585C18A4.jpeg
Please send pics when you are working on it!

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a quote from a local guy near me (Southern NJ) to do a broad stripe (like below) on the Bronco for about $800. Haven't decided on whether I will do it, and whether it will be a green or maybe copper, but I like that I can provide protection, get a 'retro' look, and change colors reasonably inexpensively. And yes, I know that because I am doing big flat removable surfaces, I can probably do this myself (or at least at some point), but I do not want to start that way. Let the pro do it.

1629997098803.png
$800 for a partial wrap like that is crazy cheap. Like ridiculous and under bid. Be careful, you get what you pay for in the wrap world.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s many colors to choose from, vinyl wise, that are in that same super light/bright color range. Plus toss in finishes. Gloss, Matte, Satin, Metallic, Glitter. And you have lots of options. Though you’ll regret matte white within hours of picking it up from the wrap shop. Matte white gets dirty super quick and it stains. If you’re dead set on wrapping and don’t love one particular color. Black is the best to wrap. You can always make it any color you want m, as often as you want, and it’ll look awesome. You literally have hundred of colors and finishes to choose from. Change every year if you want. Possibilities are endless. You’re not limited like you are with white paint.

BTW. We’re doing Gloss Light Pistachio. I’ll then do the roll bar, handles and grill gloss white for the nostalgic look. See pic of Gloss Light Pistachio (it’s a light/pastel green). Knowing me I’ll change it in a year. LOL Been doing this a long time, and there isn’t a color I truly love to keep. So I buy my cars black.
Is there a clear, UV resistant wrap that can completely cover your Bronco to protect the paint? I'm getting Cyber Orange and am thinking about wrapping to protect it. Just don't know how it will look. 🤷‍♂️

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, thats cactus gray.
It’s the picture. Trust me. It’s light/pastel green….like a Light Pistachio….which is exactly what the name of the color is called.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a car I see around my town that looks like white Italian marble. Not for me, but it looks well done.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great info and the best prices I've found on the 3M and Avery wrap.
Thank you for this link.

And thank you for the brutal honesty I see you handing out about quality, pricing, DIY, etc.

It is rare anyone lets the general public inside their craft on the costs and such like you do.
It is what I do as well on the custom painting side, and my peers think I am crazy for it (I have lost some "friends" due to my desire to be up front and honest with everyone). They like to hide what material cost, hope no one does any homework, and upcharge all of the materials another 100-200%.

And BTW, I ordered a few 5' long pieces of several of their products just now to play around with, wrap a few things. Thanks again for the link. I could spend hours on there dreaming up wallet-draining projects.
Thanks. Just hate seeing people get burned with wraps. There is more hacks out there then there are legit places. Everyone thinks they can wrap because they watched a couple YouTube videos. It doesn’t work that way. A reputable shop will have a bunch of certifications hanging on the office wall. Meaning the e spent thousands of dollars fine tuning their craft and have been judged by experts. They’ll have 4-5-6 cars in their shop at anytime getting wrapped. They’ll have a temperature controlled shop that’s spotless. And be insured. For $1M or more. You get what you pay for in this industry.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$800 for a partial wrap like that is crazy cheap. Like ridiculous and under bid. Be careful, you get what you pay for in the wrap world.
I agree this is not expensive, however the installer (very reputable with a great portfolio and references) pointed out that this would require very little material (we are using less than half the height, so we double the coverage, and it is all pretty flat with little to form around tough contours. He uses only 3M or Avery wraps and was very straightforward about the cost of the material and the labor. Seemed to be (for something simple like this) about 3-4x the material cost to apply it. Again, this is not a full wrap (no sills, no bars, and not even the hood).

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@MConn thanks for getting this tread going. So much great information on here, thanks for all your contributions @LikeToTurnLeft . Now I am dreaming of pistachio and changing my color every other year....sheesh.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a clear, UV resistant wrap that can completely cover your Bronco to protect the paint? I'm getting Cyber Orange and am thinking about wrapping to protect it. Just don't know how it will look. 🤷‍♂️
Yes. It’s called PPF (Paint Protection Film) or usually “Clear Bra”. Comes in a roll and you can install it anywhere on the paint. Ie: strip across the front of a hood, the whole hood or even the whole car. Possibles are endless. Just comes down to your budget. It’s awesome stuff. And I’d highly recommend it to protect your paint. Especially if you’re going to be off roading.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, this is the color I was hoping Ford would offer from the beginning. How do you think a wrap this color would work on a Cactus Gray 2 door? I was hoping to do the roll bars in white like you mentioned, too.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to bring in some pink. I was a huge fan of the original cactus grey (rip). I found a few that are hopefully not too obnoxious

https://metrorestyling.com/collecti...-white-starlight-iridescent-vinyl-wrap-k75574

It is so much to decide! What about you?
I like the first one you listed! White with pink highlights in the sun. Subtle but pretty! That would be my recommendation but I'm a guy who like subtle good looks 😂

Not sure what I'll go with for my Bronco cause I love the A51!

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1629997098803.png

That looks sharp, I've been thinking of something similar, just a little narrower.
Sponsored