Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us stuck in purgatory. If you have a VIN, refused to change to a soft top, you're NOT a FE build and you're truck is NOT sitting at Dirt Mountain then I felt we needed a place for updates and information. My example: BL, 2.7L, 4DR, Squatch, MIC. Day 1 reservation, Day 1 order. Have had a VIN since May and have had my production week changed 5X. System still shows it as 8/30 (obviously not accurate). The way I understand it right now and correct me if I'm wrong: New tops out to trucks on the road first, New tops to trucks sitting in lot second, in parallel First Edition MIC's and everyone who converted to soft tops get rolling off the line at MAP and THEN if this group is lucky we're next up. Everyone agree or am I missing something? There's some vague language floating around in threads and maybe even in Ford announcement that if you had a VIN and a date you'd still get a 2021 even with a MIC but you'd be last in line for 2021. Anyways, thought I'd throw this out there for folks in this category on the off chance any of us start to see progress.
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us stuck in purgatory. If you have a VIN, refused to change to a soft top, you're NOT a FE build and you're truck is NOT sitting at Dirt Mountain then I felt we needed a place for updates and information. My example: BL, 2.7L, 4DR, Squatch, MIC. Day 1 reservation, Day 1 order. Have had a VIN since May and have had my production week changed 5X. System still shows it as 8/30 (obviously not accurate). The way I understand it right now and correct me if I'm wrong: New tops out to trucks on the road first, New tops to trucks sitting in lot second, in parallel First Edition MIC's and everyone who converted to soft tops get rolling off the line at MAP and THEN if this group is lucky we're next up. Everyone agree or am I missing something? There's some vague language floating around in threads and maybe even in Ford announcement that if you had a VIN and a date you'd still get a 2021 even with a MIC but you'd be last in line for 2021. Anyways, thought I'd throw this out there for folks in this category on the off chance any of us start to see progress.
I’m in the same bout. 4dr badlands Mic tow Lux Sas. All new hard tops will go to what was built first and in that order so customers who already have them will get them in the order built. Then the “dirt mountain” Broncos will get them in the order built. And then everything currently scheduled but unbuilt will get them in the order scheduled for build.

If you have a VIN with MIC top yours will get built in MY21. No other MIC top orders will be built in MY21.

All unscheduled FE will be built in MY21 and these will be the only MIC orders scheduled for the rest of MY21. These will not have priority on tops over any scheduled VIN they just have a guarantee they’ll be built in MY21.

So the only MIC that will be built is what’s currently scheduled and FEs. Anything else that gets scheduled for MY21 will be soft top only sans FE.

I hope that answers your question. I haven’t received a new build date yet from Ford, but mine was scheduled for the 30th as well. The last my dealer told me is its moved to build week of SEP 20th. Check with your dealer they can give you an update on build schedule.

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the same bout. 4dr badlands Mic tow Lux Sas. All new hard tops will go to what was built first and in that order so customers who already have them will get them in the order built. Then the “dirt mountain” Broncos will get them in the order built. And then everything currently scheduled but unbuilt will get them in the order scheduled for build.

If you have a VIN with MIC top yours will get built in MY21. No other MIC top orders will be built in MY21.

All unscheduled FE will be built in MY21 and these will be the only MIC orders scheduled for the rest of MY21. These will not have priority on tops over any scheduled VIN they just have a guarantee they’ll be built in MY21.

So the only MIC that will be built is what’s currently scheduled and FEs. Anything else that gets scheduled for MY21 will be soft top only sans FE.

I hope that answers your question. I haven’t received a new build date yet from Ford, but mine was scheduled for the 30th as well. The last my dealer told me is its moved to build week of SEP 20th. Check with your dealer they can give you an update on build schedule.
May have been the clearest explanation yet, thanks. I know it's all written in pencil but helped a lot.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Antimatter Blue OBX Sas Lux with VIN. Original build date was July, then Aug 15, then Aug 30. Last email I had told me to wait till October before I heard anything else.

I've already made my plans to switch to a white Badlands if I get pushed to 22

If Ford reads this. I last changed my order in May when Ford was saying nothing direct and rumors were that hard tops were limited. So I was super excited when mine was scheduled.

When it became clear MIC was a no go, It was two months after I was locked in with a Vin.

None of this can be blamed on customers refusing to buy soft tops. If I ordered a jeep, i would order dual tops. I was forced into a choice. If B&P was honest, it had color matched MOd with dual tops as an option. That would have been my order, MIC was already a compromise.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In that holding pattern...wait until October to hear the news. My sister is my Ford rep and said don't worry all this time as "You have a VIN". AMB, OB, High, 2.7, NonSAS. I live in NY so I am not spending $50k on a car that I am cold in winter. Thanks for dedicating a home for the right news to look for will be.

Sponsored

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was kind of thinking of a similar post. I'm an early morning 2nd day reservation holder without a VIN but have refused to switch to a soft top. I live in NJ and missed most of the summer driving season already so why switch now just to have a soft top arrive for winter. Mine will sit in my driveway during the winter months since my GT350 will def be in the garage. I am happy to see all the build emails go out for those switching but was starting to feel a little lonely (I looked at switching my build a week ago but couldn't do it:). Anyways, I am hoping for a spring arrival and I also want to switch the rims out right away to most likely a zero offset and maybe some regular flares so keep those pictures of your builds coming !!!!
Badlands, 4DR, Lux, SAS, VB

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The group being described is the one I am in ( the Run Arounds). One detail is being left out. We (Run Arounds) will not even know when we will be scheduled until October. Go back and read your 8-13-21 letter. Therefore, whatever scheduled date you presently have is not valid.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The group being described is the one I am in ( the Run Arounds). One detail is being left out. We (Run Arounds) will not even know when we will be scheduled until October. Go back and read your 8-13-21 letter. Therefore, whatever scheduled date you presently have is not valid.
That's how I understand it as well but wanted a spot for the Run Arounds (like it) to give updates if things were to change significantly.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May have been the clearest explanation yet, thanks. I know it's all written in pencil but helped a lot.
You’re welcome happy to help.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if still possible (they released an email about no more changes) but I was able to change my order to a soft top on Aug 13th. I have had a vin since April. My Bronco in in production right now with build date of 9/2. Just throwing the info out there if anyone was wishing they could swap to a soft top.

notlimahttocs

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My ultimate question is for us Run Arounds, even though we will technically get a MY 2021, do we even dare think we'll take delivery before 1/1/22?

OP
OP
balynn1971

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ultimate question is for us Run Arounds, even though we will technically get a MY 2021, do we even dare think we'll take delivery before 1/1/22?
I would say not likely given the number of holidays, etc. I'm going back to baby steps and just want to get to a real build date. Anything sooner than the end of February would be a win in my book but I've built up enough mental scar tissue from this to deal with longer.
Sponsored