Sponsored

wrangler2bronco??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's weird. I drive in sand, sometimes fairly deep sand, daily. I have a non sas obx. I was bragging to my husband about how it does in the sand. No probs. Maybe it's driving technique. If you don't drive the correct way in sand, it's very easy to get stuck (ask me how I know).
ok, I'll bite. How do you know?
Sponsored

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 8" screen is the same as the 12" screen in the way it works, it's just smaller.
Are you sure on that? I though the 12” screen had the split screen capability when using Sync and the 8” did not. That to me is a significant thing…as it’s a pain to switch in and out of Sync to vehicle info.

That's weird. I drive in sand, sometimes fairly deep sand, daily. I have a non sas obx. I was bragging to my husband about how it does in the sand. No probs. Maybe it's driving technique. If you don't drive the correct way in sand, it's very easy to get stuck (ask me how I know).
The OBX has much different tires than the non-SAS Badlands, so you would expect them to be quite a bit different on sand.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure on that? I though the 12” screen had the split screen capability when using Sync and the 8” did not. That to me is a significant thing…as it’s a pain to switch in and out of Sync to vehicle info.

The OBX has much different tires than the non-SAS Badlands, so you would expect them to be quite a bit different on sand.
Yes, that is true about the 8" not doing the split screen. I haven't figured out how to switch back and forth yet. I was mostly talking about the wireless connection feature.

Re: tires - Mine are those duelers and I find them to be small and not to my liking at all. However, they do fine on mild off road conditions and in sand. I have the same tires as the non sas Badlands on my F150 (KO2s, correct?). They are awesome in sand. I love them so much they are going on my Bronco tomorrow. KO2s are my fave :love:

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clarify this? It seems you are saying the Lux is quieter but the decibel level was the same. If it was quieter, how could that be?
dba+vs.+dbc.png

the dB meter is probably setup for dBA scale. the weighing of each frequency bin depends on which dB scale is used (A, B, C, G etc). you can have different frequency content and still get the same overall final dB measurement.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since you and I have the same build, can you share your techniques?
I plan to drive down obx in the sand as much as possible lol

Sponsored

hollyw00d

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post, really helpful for those of us on the fence about some of these options.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you clarify the badlands not doing well in sand with stock tires?

I have a normal badlands on order and it will be primarily a beach vehicle?

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you want the extra insulation and 12" screen, save money by getting the High pkg. Better off spending the $ on a sound bar for the audio but get most of the features of Lux.
Wait, You have 2 Broncos and I can't get one. ;)

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the Apple carplay connects via Bluetooth where the smaller one needs connected with a cord.
I think something's wrong with your particular unit, as all Broncos have Sync 4 and both wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, regardless of screen size.
Sponsored