jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also looks like in-vehicle door storage bags are available for BD now.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone know what this "Advanced 4x4" business is? It only marginally increases the price.
It's a larger deal than most people make it out to be as the vast number of people don't understand what it does, let alone the salespeople who have absolutely zero clue how it works. There's a great article on it in this thread, plus we have @Rocketeer Rick who's in the industry and has opined further in that thread (just cut through where people try to derail it)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-awd-works-includes-fords-4a-system.13882/

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They dropped the matching handles and black mirrors on the WT. That must make the 2021 OBX sas/WT guys feel good. One of the reasons I went with a 2021 loaded OBX sas over a 2021 WT was because the WT felt like a 'broken' design, with the black mirrors being a constant reminder of the black mod top that never showed. Still with no mod top for 2022, instead of color matching the WT mirror, Ford simply ditched BOTH the mirrors and handles to go plastic. I was just barely leaning towards the OBX sas for 2021, but could see 2022 guys more strongly considering OBX sas over WT. Just the cost of swapping handles for "paintable" parts with sensors, plus paint, is a few thousand dollars (if anyone ever wanted to take on that endeavor)
This actually irritates me a little bit....I would have totally gone wildtrack over my BD, but I absolutely hated the "glossy mirrors, front grill, and handles". The only thing that made me want BD was the MGV, but I would have given that up to get wildtrack with high.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2022 Black Diamond 2-door is $400 more than the 2021 but the price protection certificate is $975 so that probably includes money for the modular bumper extra charge.
Yep, sounds right to me. Also means you don't really get punished much at all for most trim increases if you don't also upgrade the bumper.

I have to say I'm surprised by the pricing. Inflation is a bitch right now and there's serious supply problems too. Ford could have swung a brutal hammer here, but they chose not to. Now it's up to the dealers to hold up their end of the bargain...

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hold up for me on WT was the ugly interior clashing with everything. At least OBX had options.
For whatever it's worth, I saw a WT leather in person at the dealer and although it may not be my very first choice in interiors it looks waaaaaay better in person than in photos (for whatever reason It just photographs terribly)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, have I missed something? When did they build the 21's??? Oh, yeah, built and sitting, waiting. On something.

Sponsored

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you must have missed “available in the summer of 2022“

I read that. There's a comma after the plural offerings, then an example provided "like Raptor" - that combined with previous statements implies that there are multiple, not just the Raptor

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summer ‘22 for Raptor and other special edition stuff. Not even sure what to think of that.…. Waiting until ‘22 production year is almost done and then going to take orders or try to make a few? Or is it an early order thing for MY23? Hmm…

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read that. There's a comma after the plural offerings, then an example provided "like Raptor" - that combined with previous statements implies that there are multiple, not just the Raptor
Ok, so submit your comments to Ford’s proofreading department. In the meantime, you can infer from the absence of special editions…they are also summer 2022 offerings
Sponsored