First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "reservation system" was basically just a marketing mailing list with a few financial and prioritization incentives for those who signed up. It's a phony reservation system. You don't have a Bronco reserved, not really.

The way the vehicles actually get ordered, allocated, built, delivered, etc. is still the old system.

Ford has known about this sleight of hand the whole time. But they weren't straight with the customers about it. Now with the fallout too difficult to hide any longer, some of the customers are waking up, and they have every right to be pissed about being misled.
Ford Bronco Twitter exchange ongoing with @mrlevine D4386B70-500E-4F76-AD33-FEBA49DAC401
Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You still have a powertrain warranty. Do you not trust it past the bumper/bumper?
Ehhh Iā€™m a better safe than sorry kinda person. This week my screen went haywire for a day - it worked fine the next day so now o need to take it in while still under warranty and make sure itā€™s fixed - electronics are expensive!!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ehhh Iā€™m a better safe than sorry kinda person. This week my screen went haywire for a day - it worked fine the next day so now o need to take it in while still under warranty and make sure itā€™s fixed - electronics are expensive!!
Call flood ford and purchase a ford ext warranty. Theyā€™re not to expensive.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get the impression that Levine is just a talking head puppet, cowardly at that.

Ford seems to not care about the little guy or the customer (unless you're willing to pay nasty ADM).

Someone correct me if I'm way off base.

Edit: The little guy is who built this country. The big guy is just tearing it apart.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has the tool had anything more to say? Keep hammering him!

Sponsored
OP
OP
HPNQ420

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has the tool had anything more to say? Keep hammering him!
We should be polite with Mr. Levine but persistent . He did a good job engaging with an irate customer (me) on a Saturday morning and heā€™s helped quite a few in jams. Now there are a thousand of us in a jam that need help. Best thing would be for this to be picked up by the media.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wonder why Ford is making such a big deal? Why are the other ford dealers worried about these first (less than) 200K orders? Seems small, really only the first year of orders, only the most hard core Bronco supporters? The average Joe doesnt even know Bronco's exist yet? The masses will still have to buy their Bronco at the big guy, they could fulfill all reservations and, like they already, did stop taking online reservation, all new orders through dealer. Ford has to allow these dealers to crowbar in on these initial "crumbs" of what will be a many year popular vehicle? Hell, we could all get our Bronco and that would still be before most people even see one. Finally, they have "sold" vehicles on order and will skip them to build "stock" vehicles? In theory, what if the economy takes a dump, folks stop buying new car, Ford wants to still make vehicles to send to a lot "for sale" rather than a bunch os already sold units? Hhhmmm?

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the impression that Levine is just a talking head puppet, cowardly at that.

Ford seems to not care about the little guy or the customer (unless you're willing to pay nasty ADM).

Someone correct me if I'm way off base.

Edit: The little guy is who built this country. The big guy is just tearing it apart.
He has to follow a script, but based on recent replies, he's running out of gas. It would be nice if he admitted that Ford f**ked up and changed the narrative.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The "reservation system" was basically just a marketing mailing list with a few financial and prioritization incentives for those who signed up. It's a phony reservation system. You don't have a Bronco reserved, not really.

The way the vehicles actually get ordered, allocated, built, delivered, etc. is still the old system.

Ford has known about this sleight of hand the whole time. But they weren't straight with the customers about it. Now with the fallout too difficult to hide any longer, some of the customers are waking up, and they have every right to be pissed about being misled.
Exactly. I posted same thing all along, that it was mainly a marketing thing. Imagine what is going to happen down the road with the 400k F150 Lighting "reservations", lol.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for making the fine print really huge. I fixed it for you. We know that Ford's lawyers were careful to exclude Ford from any legal obligation whatsoever.

But that doesn't mean that customers don't expect Ford to do what they said that they would do in the large print. They said that they would fulfill reservations in order as much as possible.

Ford was also well aware how many reservations were at each dealership by Sep 19, 2020 (1st allocation date), but did nothing to indicate that this was a major problem and continued to allow reservation transfers and new reservations. They also failed to provide the estimated dates in May 2021 which presumably would have made people aware if they would not be getting their July 2020 reservation until 2023 or 2024 or 2025 or never.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you expect Ford to build all reserved orders first for granger over stock orders for the other dealers. What did the other dealers do to not be able to order vehicles to sell. Granger bit off more then they can chew and many buyers bought into it. Blame granger not Ford.
You have to be a big dealerā€¦no one believes your crap. All @Ford Motor Company has to do is keep their written commitment. Youā€™re advocating that they not do thatā€¦thatā€™s asinine.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have to be a dealerā€¦no one believes you.
How did granger bite off more than they could chew? And a retail order is a sold order which beats a stock order every day and twice in Sundays. @fordmotors should do the right thing and build their retail units first. Period.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for making the fine print really huge. I fixed it for you. We know that Ford's lawyers were careful to exclude Ford from any legal obligation whatsoever.

But that doesn't mean that customers don't expect Ford to do what they said that they would do in the large print. They said that they would fulfill reservations in order as much as possible.

Ford was also well aware how many reservations were at each dealership by Sep 19, 2020 (1st allocation date), but did nothing to indicate that this was a major problem and continued to allow reservation transfers and new reservations. They also failed to provide the estimated dates in May 2021 which presumably would have made people aware if they would not be getting their July 2020 reservation until 2023 or 2024 or 2025 or never.
Iā€™ve watched Ford hose a bunch of customers in the last 5 years. I am not foolish enough to expect Ford to take care of their customers.
Sponsored